“Meh...”
Review of Hotel Habita

Hotel Habita
Ranked #173 of 313 Hotels in Mexico City
Reviewed October 8, 2012

I wasn’t terribly fond of this hotel, but below are my thoughts:

Pros:
• Great location
• Friendly, helpful staff
• Very cool roof deck

Cons:
• Tiny room (and this is coming from a New Yorker)
• The bottom two thirds of the window were hazed so you couldn’t see out of them. I HATED this—it kind of felt like a prison cell because not only was there a bad view…there was no view. If I stood on the bed I could make out some buildings.
• The shower door opened inward, so water would splash everywhere while you were waiting for it to get warm, or, you could turn it on and kind of hide behind the showerhead until it got warm while getting splashed with cold water.
• Every time the room was cleaned all the lights were turned on as well as music, so every time you got back you’d have to turn off all the lights and the music. Kind of annoying.
• Bathroom door did not muffle noise so I would only recommend traveling with someone you’re very comfortable with (if you know what I mean).
• Three soft, lumpy pillows for the bed.
• One time we asked for them to call a taxi for us but they had the hotel car sent instead (twice the amount a taxi would have been).
• No coffeemaker in the room.

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank cthardin
Marina S, Gerente at Hotel Habita, responded to this reviewResponded October 9, 2012

Dear Mr. Hardin:
thank you for your comments, as I see, you stayed in our Superior Queen room, for your next visit please contact our call center through our webpage www.hotelhabita.com they can help you with good rates for all categories (which have balconies and bigger shower).
we have different types of pillows upon request so you can have a better rest. I hope you do give us the chance to have you with us again and discover all the choices we have to enhace your experience at Hotel Habita.
Thanks again for your comments, best regards

Reviewed October 7, 2012

I used to live in Mexico City few years ago and I was frequent to the rooftop bar. Now that I live outside I like to try hotels near the Polanco/Reforma/Condesa area to "feel" the city that I like so much.

Booked the Habita for a business trip and I've always thinked that design hotels doesn't fit for a nice work enviroment but this hotel does it. Location and facilites are enough to rest, have fun and work.

However, I must say that I always feel at Habita Group hotels a strong preference to give the gresatest level of service to foreign travelers and tourists. This happens only with the front desk employees. The remaining staff (bar, restaurants, bell boys) are very kind and efficient.

Rooms are ok and shower pressure could be stronger. Beds are comfortable and the noise that everyone else complains is juts the price to be in the best neighborhood you can be.

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled on business
Reviewed October 2, 2012

Never an issue to stay at the Habita. I have tried many Mexico City hotels. The good out weigh any negatives. The energy, kind attentive staff, and location make you feel as if you're home. Habita offers that mix of hotel and urban living feeling. Which as a traveler I do like. Was staying at Las Alcobas for 3 nights and decided to spend two back at the Habita. It could use upgrades and could always step up in certain areas, but it never disappoints. They also fixed the wifi. Had no issue at all. Was quick and reliable. Can't wait to return!

Room Tip: High floor on La Martine side
  • Stayed: September 2012, traveled solo

Dear Ammenny:
always great to have you back with us! wW will keep doing our best to give you the best service. looking forward to have you at Hotel Habita again

Reviewed September 7, 2012

After being taken in by the Habita website we were very disappointed by our experience.

Rooms: comfortable beds but rooms rather stark and really nothing special. Of course the minimal design could be the cause of this but we have stayed in many design hotels that manage to be minimal/designer and cosy at the same time. These rooms didn't. We did not like the shabby grey carpets which really need replacing and we did not like the sink being in the room and in a carpeted area.

Noise: the hotel tends to attract a party crowd at the weekend and this brings with it a certain volume. In addition, the location on a busy street means that the traffic can be quite troublesome also. Nothing that a pair of earplugs won't cope with though.

Food & Beverage: great rooftop bar. breakfast service was also great on the Saturday and Monday but on the Sunday there was a skeleton staff and the service was not as thorough as on the other two days. We were mostly very disappointed that on the Sunday evening, upon returning to the hotel for a nightcap at 10:45pm, we were told that all bars closed at 10 which is not what you would expect for a hotel of this standard. I do not accept that this is a legal requirement as the hotel around the corner where we ultimately ended up were able to service us. Poor show Habita!

Falls short of what I would expect from a Leading Hotel of the World and their inspectors need to be a lot more thorough in their membership criteria...

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled as a couple
Marina S, Gerente at Hotel Habita, responded to this reviewResponded September 12, 2012

Dear Bowbell:
thank you for your comments, Regarding the service hours on weekends: we already made changes to the service hours at the rooftop bar. Also we have made adjusment in the restaurant for having a better service throughout all the week.
I hope you can visit us again in the future to see by yourself that all of your comments have been taken in consideration and we are working on every detail. Best Regards

Reviewed August 5, 2012

Stayed at this hotel for a weekend.

I have mixed feelings about this. The hotel design indeed is good I loved the minimalist style of its rooms and the amenities. The bed was comfortable and you have the option of nice lounge/house music in each room.

The bar on the top is good for the weekdays , on the weekends its packed with "design" ppl...

Now that's as far as it goes , I don't think the price for this hotel is worth its value. i think its trying a bit hard. Breakfast was not included for the "high" price that we payed and getting it separately its quite expensive for mexico city's standards. Ite true that its in the heart of Polanco but that doesn't give it the right to be so expensive for basic services....

Room Tip: try to avoid the rooms right below the top roof bar.
  • Stayed: June 2012, traveled as a couple
2  Thank xronis
Marina S, Gerente at Hotel Habita, responded to this reviewResponded September 7, 2012

Dear Xronis:
thank you for your comments, I am glad you did like the design and amenities we offer. regarding our prices: we have attractive rates which normally include breakfast, and wi-fi, for more information you can contact our call center for your next visit and we will make sure you have breakfast included. thank you for your time

Reviewed July 25, 2012

Amazing service and lovation. Loved the design and mostly the terrace with the pool deck. I definately recommend it! This hotel has one of the best front desk service I've ever seen. Everyone including security and house keeping give you a warm welcome and make you feel at home!

• Stayed: July 2012
Reviewed July 19, 2012

This more than minimalistic hotel has a great location and that’s pretty much it. Very expensive for absolutely no reason. Rooms are tiny. No decoration whatsoever. The huge glass table blocks the access to the rest of the room. Shower and sink handles look good, but are hard to use. This so-call “design hotel” was very disappointing because it has NO design at all. Architects need to understand that glass furniture and unfinished cement “deco” looks cheap and should not be overused in a luxury hotel.

Great continental breakfasts, location and friendly staff.

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled as a couple