“Perfect location. Nice hotel. Excellent service.”
Review of Hotel Habita

Hotel Habita
Ranked #185 of 307 Hotels in Mexico City
Chicago, Illinois
“Perfect location. Nice hotel. Excellent service.”
Reviewed June 14, 2011

This hotel is located in the heart of Polanco and although traffic in Mexico is always challenging you can find easy access to all parts of the city. The hotel is small yet has all services you can think off. The rooftop is very enjoyable and the service is outstanding. Having breakfast in the hotel is ideal and they make each coffee individually. It may be a little slow at times but the food tastes great.

• Stayed June 2011, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (31)
UAE
Reviewed May 28, 2011

This is nothing more than a cafe, bar and pool ... with rooms.

Roof top pool and bar (the size of the shoe box) is turned into a rave party venue every week end from 3pm till 3am the next day, therefore you will not be able to use it and most importantly you will never sleep nor be able to listen to your TV!

Think of blasting music travelling through all the bedrooms, drunken people wondering throughout the hotel and bedroom corridors all night, and empty bottles floating on the pool the next day (cigarettes buds, broken glasses in the sauna and jacuzzi).

Overall facilities advertised are very misleading (the library is a bookshelf with one chair) and service is rather non existent. Ground floor cafe that is also the lobby shuts down at 11pm (main entrance locked, lights off, chairs up) so on your return from dinner you will be greeted by a security guard, cleaner and all the drunken people having a break from the party.

On a more positive note housekeeping service is good and thank you to the young reception lady (never saw a Manager in six days) who upgraded us to a spacious suite on the first night, this from a standard room where the wash basin is not in the bathroom but next to the bed, be aware ...

Great location in Polanko next to shops and restaurants.

A veteran hotelier

• Stayed May 2011, traveled as a couple
1 Thank HighLuxTraveler

Travelers are raving about these Mexico City hotels

Berlin
Reviewed May 2, 2011

The best part of my stay here was that it was so short. I needed to extend my stay in Mexico City by a night and I thought I would try this place since everyone seems to rave about the hotels in the group. Upon arrival I was assigned a room with hair in the bathtub, which even otherwise wasn't in a great condition - the original white had become a sort of yellowish brown and the there were bits that had simply chipped off. When I complained, they first sent a maid who wiped down the tub and then cheerily showed it to me even though there were still strands of hair clearly visible. When I called again, they finally moved me to another room, which luckily didn't have a dirty bathroom. It was simply as badly maintained as the previous one. I pointed this out to the staff member who had accompanied me to the new room and he said he would go talk to the manager to figure out a solution and get back to me. I never heard from him again. The room did have a great all-glass wall. However at night I found out that the curtains don't go all the way down to the floor, so that it was the same as if I was sleeping with a light on all night. At 7am, this became more like a bright fluorescent light. The designers also didn't seem to think any sound-proofing was necessary, perhaps because they haven't ever tried to sleep in a room facing a street in Mexico City. At breakfast the next morning, I barely saw any staff and definitely wasn't acknowledged by any of them until one of them came running over as I got up to leave, to make sure I wasn't trying to escape paying for my food.

All in all, a pretty miserable experience. Despite the discounted rate that I got on the internet, I felt I overpaid by a lot. I'm sure the place has decent rooms, but the two I saw would be unacceptable even in a three-star hotel. And the service would still be the same, as would be the "free internet access" that only seemed to work on occasion.

Room Tip: Try to get a room that doesn't face the street
  • Stayed April 2011, traveled solo
1 Thank rotebeete
Lisbon, Portugal
Reviewed April 22, 2011

Was my third stay at this hotel. I will always like staying here. The location can't be beat for Polanco. Close to enough great restaurants, the metro, the park, etc., And if you hate the hotel and need to switch, there is another nearby. I like the aesthetic of this hotel. The roof top bar and pool. Don't come expecting the best service out there. Its a chill place and the attitude can reflect that. Though, Raul at the Front desk is great at this job and helps out very well. Eduardo, is also great and helpful.

I say the staff is fairly trained well. Some issues but minor. It's Mexico so naturally you can be at the pool and not asked if you need anything or a tip is added to the check after you have left the restaurant at the hotel, but it happens. As long as you are aware, things can be resolved.

Do miss the Kiehl's products. The Aqua de Parma seems out of place. Shower is as strong as a fire hose. Food offered at breakfast is limiting but keeps you focused. Service is lacking. Also, internet is a bit of a nightmare. Inconsistent every time I have stayed here.

Room Tip: I like most rooms. Ask to see 2 options.
  • Stayed April 2011, traveled solo
Brazil
Reviewed April 4, 2011

Habita is an extremely trendy boutique hotel! Great location, in Mexico DF fanciest street. Excellent bars and restaurants in walking distance. Great staff. The rooms are incredible, lounge music playing 24hs / day and very tasteful decoration. However this is a hotel for non-business travelers. It can be noisy at night and a terrible wi-fi connection. Nevertheless, a great hotel for nice day in the Mexican capital.

Room Tip: No rooms in the first floor
  • Stayed April 2011, traveled on business
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed March 29, 2011

Went to Mexico City to visit some friends, see the sights and get some sun.
As a solo female traveler I wanted to be somewhere where I felt safe and where the staff would remember me - thus I chose this hotel with a small number of rooms in a great neighborhood and a great rooftop terrace with views over the city. I was so right!
The staff were wonderfully attentive, particularly the staff in the restaurant and everyone was friendly. I would definitely recommend the breakfast here which offers a range of foods from the lighter fruit and yogurt option to amazing hot cakes with syrup to delicious local food. There's a cold buffet at 180 pesos, a hot buffet for 225 pesos but I preferred to order a la carte which in many cases was cheaper and still set me up for walking around the rest of the day. The clientele tends to vary between smart businessmen to more creative industry people and stylish jet set types however I never felt out of place or awkward despite occasionally appearing in a pretty casual skirt and flip flops. The environment is relaxed.

The room was clean and the bed extremely comfy with a duvet. The hotel has free wi-fi throughout which is a great plus for keeping in touch with friends and family and the rooms are all fitted with Sony t.v and dvd players with dvds available for rental at the desk. The room has an enclosed balcony for those smokers out there.

Be aware- After reading reviews here I decided to bring earplugs and I was totally right to do so as between the noise from traffic in the street or from occasional events at the bar on the roof, you may find it hard to settle to sleep. That said... with earplugs in, I slept like a baby - events ended at midnight and the cleaning staff never bothered me in the morning but patiently waited till I left my room for the day. Another point to note is that the temperature drops quite alot at night in Mexico city so warm PJs are recommended.

Taxis were easily arranged for me to head to other parts of town and there is also a hotel car although I didn't use it. The real attraction for me was the rooftop terrace and bar- the terrace was the perfect place to sunbathe throughout the day with a small pool big enough to do laps and cool down. While it was sometimes closed during the day for photoshoots these tended to be over by 2pm which left pleeeenty of time to catch some rays. At night, the rooftop bar projects old movies onto the white wall of a nearby building and serves great light bites and cocktails, it was a great place to take my friends from the city who were also very impressed with the place.

Overall- I had a great time, felt really safe and welcome and am very glad that I picked this hotel for my first visit to Mexico city. While I would not recommend this place to families with young children, older couples, light sleepers or people who just want somewhere out of the way and quiet - if you want a cool place to chill by day before sightseeing and then relax in at night, this is a real gem.

• Stayed March 2011, traveled solo
Tiebele, Burkina Faso
Reviewed January 8, 2011

I stayed there for 3 nights in early December, staff where nowhere to find when needed, first day when coming back around noon for a quick nap, I found the whole floor and obviously my room, smelling like varnish and paint, it caused my like vomiting, and as it is all closed, there was no ventilation at all and air conditioning was not working fully...

When complaining to front desk, they just seemed to ignore my complains and made me feel I was magnifing it all!!!..., but they did not want to come up to my floor to check how bad it was...

Internet service expensive and soo slow...

Restaurant too fancy for a nice and quick breakfast!!!...

I would not recommend it or go back there gain ever!!!...

• Stayed December 2010, traveled on business