“Nice travelers' hotel”
Review of Hotel Roosevelt

Hotel Roosevelt
Ranked #99 of 312 Hotels in Mexico City
Reviewed May 3, 2012

This hotel is a good choice if you are planning on spending time in a lot of different neighborhoods, as it is centrally located between Roma and Condessa. I wish there had been a subway stop closer, because it is quite far away from the historic district. It is on a pretty busy street so ask for an inside room if you are interested in quiet. My biggest compliant was the bed, which was pretty hard, but overall, I thought the hotel was a good value for the money.

• Stayed: March 2012, traveled with friends
1  Thank Tiffany303

Reviewed February 17, 2012

My favorite little hotel in Mexico City. The same staff has been there for a long time and they know me by my first name. It has been remodeled. Convenient to the Metrobus. A short walk to the Zona Rosa. Rooms are a little small, but pleasantly decorated with a European style. They even let my dog (a small bichon) stay with me. The restaurant is pretty good if you don't feel like leaving the hotel. They will send a SUV to the airport to pick me up, usually less $$ than the registered taxi. However, unless you're comfortable with the lifestyle in urban Mexico, it would be better to stay at a brand name hotel.

Room Tip: Move up one grade.
  • Stayed: May 2011, traveled with friends
3  Thank Keith W
Reviewed January 15, 2012

I spent 2 nights at the Roosevelt and was partially disapointed.

Pros: Great location in La Condesa, great restaurants and bars close by.

Cons: Old building with an ancient style. Basic service. Soviet atmosphere.

• Stayed: February 2011, traveled with friends
2  Thank Tommy B
Reviewed October 31, 2011

We stayed for 1 night at the hotel and left the morning for another place.

Room was very small, bed linens, courtains and towels were rotten with holes and steins.

Bathroon was ok, with hot running water.

Location is not the best, it felt a little dangerous. I would not go back there. The price was low, but not the lowest.

• Stayed: October 2011, traveled with friends
6  Thank mtorres108
Reviewed September 17, 2011

had been staying here for 6 years. under new management and the place is dreadful. low morale with staff. new all night bars all around the already noisy hotel. people yelling in the halls and the staff making noise in the early morning. after 6 years with this hotel [3 times a year] the new management will not make a reservation for a suite. the long weekend we stayed there the restaurant flooded and the place had a sewer smell. too bad. it was once a good hotel.

Room Tip: all the rooms are noisy what with the noise outside and maids and guest inside.
  • Stayed: August 2011, traveled with friends
3  Thank paul z
Reviewed September 6, 2011

This is a good choice for economy hotel in a great, central location, near MexiBus which is fantastic way to travel around the city. The only thing I would change is they need better quality pillows on the bed. They were stuffed with a material that was coarse and prickly which scratched my face through the coverings. Otherwise, for the $50US we paid for two of us, the room was clean and the bathroom functioned well. I would stay here again.

Room Tip: Ask for a room away from traffic
  • Stayed: September 2011, traveled as a couple
4  Thank trish604
Reviewed May 27, 2011

I chose this hotel based on the good reviews, the price (about $65 per night) and the location. I have to say, it exceeded my expectations. The rooms were very clean and the maids left two bottles of water for us everyday. The room wasn't exactly spacious, but they definitely weren't cramped for two adults and one young child. The pillows were a little harder than what I prefer and the mattress was a pillowtop that was softer than expected. The soap and shampoo were horrible, it dried out our skin and frizzed out our hair, I would recommend bringing your own or bring lots of lotion. The showers were refreshing with nice hot water and strong water pressure. One thing I didn't like about the rooms is that they get stuffy fast. The ceiling fan worked great, but I would recommend leaving the window open a few inches to get some fresh air. The windows were thick and they did a good job at keeping the traffic noise out. Another thing, keep kids away from the window, there is no screen and it could be dangerous to not watch your child in the room with the window open, especially on one of the higher floors.

I was very happy with the staff. Anytime you passed them in the hall they said hi. Check-in and check-out was quick and any question you asked was answered enthusiastically. We were especially happy when we were informed that internet was free, we weren't charged one peso for access. That was a huge convenience for us. When we reserved our room online, we requested a quiet room and we were thrilled to find that they accommodated us by putting us on a higher floor, farther from the traffic noise. Sleep came easy to us all.

The location was great. The hotel sits on one of the corners of a 5-point intersection and there are plenty of different restaurants and convenience stores to chose from. It is close to Chapultepec Park (less than 10 minutes by taxi) and the Angel of Independence as well as some good shopping malls. Also, there were a lot of interesting bars around in the area, but we didn't try out any of them because it was a family trip.

The hotel restaurant was convenient and the menu provided plenty of options to keep all of us happy. After we looked at the prices, we made the mistake of assuming that the plates were small and we ordered too much food. Just one bowl a soup filled me up since a bread basket came with it, and it the best tortilla soup I ever had. The breakfast menu was a great thing to look forward to in the mornings. They are open late so when we got back from touring late, we could order some good, hot food from the restaurant. They deliver it to your room free of charge, just make sure you tip.

Overall, we were extremely satisfied with Hotel Roosevelt. The value was excellent and we would have stayed longer if our bodies weren't so exhausted from dragging around an energetic 4 year old for 2 days straight. We would recommend this hotel to anyone and we hope to return again soon.

Room Tip: Ask for a room on one of the higher floors.
  • Stayed: May 2011, traveled with family