Hotel Roosevelt
Like saving money? We search up to 200 sites for the lowest prices
Hippodrome Hotel(Mexico City)
View Hotel
Hotel La Casona(Mexico City)
Condesa DF(Mexico City)
  • Restaurant
Casa de la Condesa(Mexico City)
View Hotel
Casa Mali by Dominion(Mexico City)
Hotel Milan(Mexico City)
PF Suites(Mexico City)
View Hotel
All reviewsceiling fanla condesastreet trafficroom was clean and comfortablehotel restaurantgreat neighborhoodenjoyed our staywalking distanceromanoisecityairportmercadometromexico
FilterAll languages
Reviewed September 3, 2007

My boyfriend and I just returned from Mexico City where we stayed at the Hotel Roosevelt for five nights. A lot of friends told us to stay in La Condesa and Hotel Roosevelt was a great option for its location and affordability.

The hotel is functional and smart. Our room was newly renovated. The bathroom was especially nice with a large spa shower and modern fixtures. The cleaning staff and front staff were professional but no more. It isn't opulent but, for the price ($43 for a King bed), it's well worth it.

My only complaint is the noise level, the doors and walls are thin. Some of our neighbors came home in the middle of the night and we heard them. Next time, I'll bring ear plugs. Otherwise, the room was simple, spartan, and comfortable, we had no hassle or problems.

But the main draw of the hotel is its location. La Condesa is a cloistered and quiet neighborhood. A lovely jungle-like park cuts through the middle of it where you can sit for hours in front of one of the many art deco fountains and people watch. It's a residential area and there are lots of amenities within a stroll from the hotel. As first time visitors, we wanted a safe place to stay where we could have an authentic experience. La Condesa offered us that and the Hotel Roosevelt made it possible.

• Check in / front desk
6  Thank NaomiLA
Reviewed June 9, 2007

I've been staying at The Roosevelt since 1998 when I spent three months living there. It's a simple, modest and comfortable hotel, and I wouldn't dream of staying anywhere else in Mexico City! It's very affordable, conveniently located for the city center, and right on the edge of the beautiful Condesa district, but the best thing about The Roosevelt is the charming staff. The hotel restaurant, serving tasty simple dishes, is manned by friendly waiters who always remember me when I return. A delightful place - and a bargain too.

• Stayed: April 2007, traveled on business
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
4  Thank Ursalina
Reviewed August 8, 2006

The Roosevelt is a good, economical choice for travelers to Mexico City. The public transport is excellent (Insurgentes Metrobus stop just up the street with good connections to the Metro). The service was excellent (both housekeeping and the front desk). The on-site restaurant is satisfactory, but is pay-as-you-go since it is independently managed. I took most breakfasts at a nearby branch of the excellent Bisquets Obregon chain. The hotel laundry service is good, but there are more economical choices in the neighborhood.

The main problem with the hotel is traffic noise (noted in other reviews). The rooms on the southern side of the hotel are somewhat quieter than on the (Yucatan Street) north. Best for quiet are the interior rooms which I routinely request from economy hotels in Mexican cities.

A plus is that the hotel is convenient to the restaurants and other action in both the Condesa and Roma neighborhoods. I walk, but others may want to opt for a short taxi ride--especially after about ten pm. On that topic, my impression is that the security situation for tourists is considerably better that it was five or six years ago. The streets are livelier than they were then--at least in the entertainment districts. Residential streets are pretty quiet after ten o'clock.

4  Thank WalkingBob
Reviewed June 19, 2006

My husband and I spent 3 weeks at the Roosevelt while we were waiting for our Condo in Condesa to be completed. We found the room very comfortable (many of them are being remolded) and extremely affordable. The only complaints we had were in regard to a group of children on some type of group trip who played havoc in the hotel. We parked our brand new car in the garage and it was apparent that someone seat on the hood and slid off it (scuffing it). The price is affordable and I recommend it to our numerous friends who come to visit us. The price is a bargain. I do not recommend eating in the attached restaurant.

• Stayed: February 2006
4  Thank JudyMexicoCity
Reviewed November 1, 2005

We stayed at the Hotel Roosevelt because of the location, very near to my family's apartment. The bed was not the most comfortable, but everything was very, very clean. The bathroom was spotless. The staff was very friendly and helpful. If you use a washcloth when bathing, take your own - the hotel doesn't even know what they are. The hotel was very inexpensive. I will stay there again the next time I visit my family.

• Stayed: October 2004