“Comfortable, safe, friendly lodging”
Review of Hotel Palace

Hotel Palace
Ranked #187 of 310 Hotels in Mexico City
Nashville
“Comfortable, safe, friendly lodging”
Reviewed March 19, 2007

This has been the 8th year that I've stayed at the Palace. It is a smaller hotel in the Zona Rosa, between the statue of Christopher Columbus on the main avenue and the monument to the Revolution. The Hotel has had several makeovers, and this time they were in the middle of renovations to the main lobby and the restaurant. The personel are very helpful, for most their English is better than my Spanish, the food is very good, and the rooms are clean, well furnished, and comfortable. There is a litttle street noise, and occasionally some loud guest on Football nights, soccer for us.
There is a Sanborns 1 block over, Starbucks 1 block down, and everything is convenient. You can pay a lot more, but not get better service.

• Liked — They are like old friends.
  • Disliked — Style a little dated.
  • Stayed March 2007
    • Check in / front desk
5 Thank musedoc

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (6)
Bellingham, WA
Reviewed October 15, 2006

I have stayed at the Palace several times and have always had a pleasant experience. I have usually travelled with my small daughter and each time, the staff has taken wonderful care of us with our special requests, directions, etc. Whenever I fly in and out of Mexico City, I will always stay here because of the wonderful location, high levels of safety and cleanliness, and the helpful and kind staff.

• Stayed July 2004, traveled with family
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
2 Thank CeciHH
A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed December 29, 2005

I have stayed at this hotel 9 or 10 times, the most recent being from Nov. 18-28, 2005, and it's a great value for the price. It's close to a metro station, plus the historical center of Mexico City is easy to get to on foot, by taxi, metro or pesero bus.
The staff at this hotel, whether it be the restaurant wait staff, the bellboys, the housekeepers or the front desk clerks is always corteous and attentive. Once when staying here I became ill from eating some fruit from a street vendor, and they took care of getting me medicine and making sure I was alright.
Although I typically eat elsewhere because I'm usually out seeing the city, the few times I have eaten in the restaurant the food has been delicious. They serve very wonderful coffee, too! Room service was also prompt.
Perhaps the only drawback (it's a drawback if you're not used to the ruckus that early in the morning, you might consider it part of the atmosphere) is that the military school does its exercises on the plaza around the Monument to the Revolution early on weekend mornings, complete with drums and bugles.
Rooms facing the street have a nice balcony, the Monument to the Revolution is visible from the streetside balconies.
There are lots of little food kiosks in the area, and a bank with a reliable ATM just a few doors down.
There is also a travel agent service in the lobby, which has helped me at times when I've needed to confirm or even change my flights.
I would highly recommend this hotel to anybody looking for clean, nice accomodations without the typical backpacker crowd. It's a hidden gem in Mexico City.

Stayed November 2005
6 Thank A TripAdvisor Member
A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed November 8, 2005

I stayed at the Palace with a mission group form our church in MS. We had been in the mountains with no amminities so a soft bed and a warm shower were quite a treat. The Hotel was clean and the staff were courteous and attentive. However there were no air conditioners and only showers, no tubs, in the rooms. It was only a short walk to the Market, and cabs were easily accessable.

• Stayed November 2004