See what travelers are saying:
Reviewed January 11, 2014

I stay at this hotel every time I visit Mexico City. I like the location, the price and the friendly staff. It is near to shops and restaurants, across the road from the "Monumento a La Revolución" and 4 blocks from the metro station "Revolución" The hotel has recently been renovated. The restaurant is a little more expensive than nearby restaurants although the breakfast buffet is reasonably priced. The W.C. in some rooms is quite noisy when activated (a high pitched squeal) which we found amusing. The hotel taxis are quite a bit more expensive than the regular taxis that pass by the hotel. My wife and I stayed there in December of 2013 and the double room cost $600 pesos par night.

• Stayed: December 2013, traveled as a couple
2  Thank Bill_Pearce
Reviewed October 20, 2013

since 1968, the palace hotel is my place to stay everytime i travel to Mexico from Switzerland. The staff remembers its guests and their habits. The location is very practical and just one block from Reforma. Rooms on the street are relatively quiet during the night. Prices are fair, the rooms spotless. 25 minutes by radiotaxi to the airport. I personally recommend this 3 étoiles (EU standard)
place. Claude Brunner, Morges on Lake Geneva.

Room Tip: ask 3rd or 4th level, streetside
  • Stayed: November 2012, traveled on business
3  Thank ClaudeMorges_Suisse
Reviewed March 12, 2013

Just back from Mexico City and the country side. We again stayed at the Palace, and again they have been upgrading. Most is amenities, and it still helps. What has stayed consistent is that the staff has been the same warm helping faces for the 15 years I've been there. The lobby, hallways, and rooms are painted, decorated with more warmth and light. A lot of the darker wood paneling is gone. More room in the rooms with flat panel TV and more available outlets. The rooms are very comfortable and they bring you a fan whether you need it our not.
The restaurant has also been redone, and there is a nice private dining room in the back for groups. We had 18 and there was plenty more space. The food is very good.
Again, the hotel is very nice, but no heat or air, we rarely have needed either but we have almost always gone in the Spring. To me the consistency of the staff is one of the Highlights, a lot have worked over 30 years at the Palace and they keep on going like the Energizer Bunny.
Buen Viajes!

Room Tip: Get a interior or high room to get away from the street noise. I love being awakened by the birds singing.
  • Stayed: March 2013, traveled with friends
4  Thank musedoc
Reviewed January 17, 2013

I stayed at the Palace hotel for three nights in November 2012 at the tail end of my trip through Mexico. The location was perfect for sightseeing with the metro and the MRT just a couple of blocks away. The service was friendly and efficient and the room was immaculately maintained. The only downside was the restaurant, but the sidewalk vendors across the street were a great alternative.

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled solo
Reviewed June 9, 2012

The Palace is not a luxury hotel, it is by services and design stantards, mid-range. But...I've been staying there regularly for almost ten years. It is safe, well located, clean, economical. I'm amazed every time that the staff know me and remember me and welcome me back every visit. And that in itself is a testament to the Palace...the same dedicated staff for a decade or so, from porters to desk. These people care about their clients.

Stayed: July 2011, traveled solo