“Nice a clean”
4 of 5 bubbles Review of Hotel Milan

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Mexico City
Hotel Milan
Ranked #133 of 306 Hotels in Mexico City
Barcelona
“Nice a clean”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 12, 2011

Is a very nice place, don't wait for some expensive and luxury, bout you can expend a very relax days in this hotel...

Room Tip: Ask for the street ones..
  • Stayed September 2011, traveled on business
1 Thank tavomad

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (15)
Sacramento, California
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 25, 2011

The place is very clean, situated around trendy neighborhoods with cafes and restaurants. Has cable but in Spanish, free wi-fi in the lobby, reception, while Spanish speaking, was very helpful. Beds are very hard, but they are in most places in Mexico, and only came with two pillows. The price ended up being lower then we were quoted on the phone, about $45 a night, which was well worth the $10 extra compared to a budget hotel in the historic center that we used on our last trip to D.F.

• Stayed January 2011, traveled as a couple
1 Thank AJtravels2121
Springfield, Illinois
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 15, 2010

Attractive, modern decor; very clean, comfortable rooms, though rather small. Very helpful staff provided extra bottled water, blankets, an on-time wake up call, etc. Great location in an interesting neighborhood. We asked for a quiet room, and they gave us on at the back of the hotel which would have been very quiet except for the amorous couple next door and the usual paper-thin walls.

• Stayed November 2010, traveled as a couple
Oakland, Ca
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 11, 2010

I spent a week at the Hotel Milan during my first visit to Mexico City and found Hotel Milan to be a perfect choice. It was the best priced hotel in the Roma area I found online before my trip, at about $50 US per night for a double room with two beds and a fan. Visitors who don't need a full-on luxury hotel and just want a nice, quiet hotel in a great neighborhood will do well to choose Hotel Milan. The room we had was pretty small, but recently remodeled and very comfortable. Alvaro Obregon is a tree-lined main street in the Roma with lots of cafes, shops and fondas, well situated within walking distance to two metro stops and Condesa. Although they do have a website and it appears that you can book your reservation online, I was told that function is not working. They can be reached by email at hmilan94@hotmail.com and a room can be booked that way.

• Stayed May 2010, traveled with friends
1 Thank Coopz
Berkeley, CA
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 8, 2010

As I'd already been advised by reviewers before me, this hotel is so no-frills it's practically decor-less. No quaint Mexican charm here. Just clean, modern, functional, and safe, with excellent service. My single room was small, but well-outfitted (except for the usual Mexican low-light which is less than ideal for reading) and comfortable. The desk service was efficient, polite, and helpful. For 450 pesos a night (single) in a good neighborhood, a steal.

Stayed January 2010, traveled solo
2 Thank hypnolinguist
Northfield, Minnesota
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 27, 2008

This hotel was a real find, after a couple less than fabulous experiences elsewhere. The neighborhood is great, there is a terrific organic coffee shop next door, and the connections with the rest of the city are very convenient. The hotel itself seems a good deal more polished and refined than its cost would indicate. The room (we were on the interior side) was clean and nicely decorated; above all, it was quiet. Overall, I would call this far and away the best value of hotels we found in the city. Free spirit that I am, it is seldom that I can say that I wouldn't consider looking for a change of scenery on my next visit to a place, but in this case it is the truth. The price is definitely right and the overall experience makes me look forward to my return.

• Liked — Good value for the money, fine location
  • Disliked — Nothing
  • Stayed July 2006, traveled as a couple
    • Check in / front desk
Pátzcuaro, Michoacán
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 15, 2008

We stayed at the Hotel Milan on two, separate nights earlier this month. The hotel is clean, modern and more than suited our needs. The style is modern-business hotel, bland but not unattractive.

The King size bed room is only $470 MXP, and despite being a bit on the small side, is clean and well maintained. It's comparable to a King room at the Hotel Catedral, in Centro, but the latter costs a bit more.

The bed is very comfortable. The shower and hot water supply are among the first things I notice in a hotel. At the Milan, the hot water arrived within a few seconds and was plentiful. There are the usual bath amenities.

I did not have a laptop along, so I could not try out the un-advertised Wi-Fi I'd read about on a travel forum.. There is a single, coin-accepting PC in the lobby, but it was out of order on our first night, and turned off when I wanted to use it on our second night. The night clerk did not seem to want to turn it on.
However, an Internet cafe, about 1 block west, "esCool", has high speed Internet access. There are even four Macs.

There is a restaurant, but we did not try it, preferring to eat at one of the original Bisquits Obregón located within a block away. The latter offers moderately priced, varied meals and is extremely popular.

We would stay there again when in the area.

• Liked — Price, comfort, location, cleanliness
  • Disliked — PC wasn't in working order
  • Stayed February 2008, traveled as a couple
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
1 Thank Don C