“Beautifully designed”
Review of Hotel El Ejecutivo

Hotel El Ejecutivo
Ranked #50 of 312 Hotels in Mexico City
Reviewed November 5, 2012

I love the stylish design of the lobby and rooms. The blend of cool grays punctuated with black accents create a peaceful, relaxed feel. The breakfast buffet has a large array of local Mexican food, pancakes, french toast, cooked vegetables, fresh fruit, pastries and cereals which did a good job satisfying my hunger. The staff was very friendly and were very attentive. We slept well with toasty blankets and a comfortable bed and pillows. Overall, it was a good experience. What I did not like as much is I noticed that sound does travel a lot between rooms and we could not find a hook to hang used towels in the bathroom. Our shower also leaked which left puddles on the floor and the air conditioner has a tube running through an open window which makes it a little chilly in the late fall and winter.

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled with friends
1  Thank Kaeshi
Irma_Mabarak, Guest Relations Manager at Hotel El Ejecutivo, responded to this reviewResponded November 30, 2012

Thank you for your sincere comment and for giving us the opportunity to attend you. We feel very happy to know that you liked the modern and minimalistic decoration style of both, our rooms and lobby. Soon we will also open a new “Snack Bar” that will be located in the entrance of our hotel; it will count with this modern decoration style too.
As for the details you mention on your room, we have talked to our Housekeeper about them. Although the tracking process is a little difficult since we do not know which room you stayed in, we will be more aware about these details you report so we can notice them before actually assigning the rooms. Like our process dictates, our cleaning ladies will report them to our Maintenance colleagues as soon as they find them and they will be corrected as soon as possible.
We will always be looking out for our guests´ complete satisfaction and comfort, as well as the different alternatives for achieving both of them.

Reviewed October 28, 2012

Stayed 10/8/12 to 10/10/12 in a standard room. This is a perfect place to stay for someone who needs an inexpensive quality stopover close to the city center. Very convenient location. Nicely appointed, clean contemporary rooms. English speaking staff. Convenient bathroom/shower, shampoo, body wash, conditioner and lotion supplied and good quality. I would like to especially point out one occasion from our stay. We left to see Teotihuacan in the morning; while we were there we remembered that we had forgotten to lock the safety deposit box in the room. We had our electronic devices there, jewelry, all our travel money (and we were just at the beginning of our trip in Mexico). When we came back in the evening, the room was cleaned, bathroom restocked, the safe deposit box open as we left it and nothing touched there. Everything was as we left it. So, whoever was servicing room 309 on 10/09/12 is a very honest person. Thank you. God bless you. There are places to eat within short walk. We liked VIPS. They had the menu in English with pictures, and English speaking staff. Great quality food. Very close to the hotel. We had a dinner and a breakfast at the hotel restaurant as well and those were very good too. Pleasant and helpful staff. We would definitely stay there again and would recommend it to our friends. Great price/quality ratio.

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled as a couple
Irma_Mabarak, Guest Relations Manager at Hotel El Ejecutivo, responded to this reviewResponded November 9, 2012

Thank you for your kind comment. It was our pleasure to attend you and we feel very proud to know that you enjoyed your recent stay with us. Maybe for your next visit you would be interested in trying out our very own restaurant, located on the 1st floor. Perhaps you would like to try out our popular Breakfast Buffet or the Executive Menu served in there from Monday to Friday. Both are excellent choices that we would love to offer you so we hope you consider them for your next visit. We will always be proud to receive you!

Reviewed October 26, 2012

Three of us women stayed in two rooms for one night this last week....I was very disappointed in this hotel and would not return....
Those swamp cooler type a/c units were horribly noisy and didn't even make the room cooler until the maintenance guy came up with a roll of duct tape and vented it out the window...
Service was disappointing....we ordered ice and they came up with a tiny 10 oz little stainless steel thing for both rooms to share and actually charged us for it! We would normally tip for such service but woefully inadequate! We had to hand over $15 US to use a remote for the tv which we declined to do...
We wanted to change the smaller room to another room as it smelled musty but we were ignored...
The baggage handler man was very friendly and nice but the rest of the staff were not helpful at all! The breakfast was a big disappointment...bimbo toast and coffee, a small serving of either fruit or juice...not both...
The place is under some kind of renovation process and the halls were kind of torn up...maybe carpet was being replaced or something....
At any rate, would not return...

Room Tip: Not sure which side is north or south there but one side has much larger rooms and better views...
  • Stayed: October 2012, traveled with friends
Irma_Mabarak, Guest Relations Manager at Hotel El Ejecutivo, responded to this reviewResponded October 27, 2012

Thank you for taking the time to write about your experience, we appreciate your sincerity and of course we will properly address each circumstance.
We are sorry to know that you had inconveniences with the A/C equipment we. As you may know, these equipments are entirely new, although they have removable pipes in order to eliminate dust storing places and increase the cleanliness on the rooms. Sometimes this duct gets off; however we are currently working on improvements about this, meanwhile, our maintenance colleagues will gladly apply a temporary solution.
About the Remote controls, a certain amount is asked only to guarantee the remote control when you request it; as soon as the equipment is returned, your money is also entirely refunded.
From time to time we launch different promotions to benefit our guests. Currently, the continental breakfast is added as a promotion (Charge-free) when booking certain rate types. Nevertheless we also have the option of exchanging this courtesy for a Buffet breakfast by paying a small difference directly at the restaurant. As for the Ice, we count with a Services Menu on our rooms that explains the prices of the different orders, including the Ice one on both sizes.
Finally, we feel deeply sorry about not granting your room change. When we receive this kind or request, and our occupancy allows it, we are more than happy on granting it without any additional cost. Nevertheless, last week we had a high occupancy and no room was available for this change.
Even so we would like to offer you the most courteous invitation to visit us again as we will continue to improve our services thanks to kind comments like yours.

Reviewed October 18, 2012

I have to say, this hotel was a great disappointment for my husband and I. It’s supposed to be a four star hotel; when we got to the lobby, I thought it was not charming, but you know, rooms are the important part (for me) of a hotel. Our room was on 9th floor, and when we left the elevator, the sight of the hall was not appealing at all. It looked as though the hotel was still being built. But when we opened the door, that really made me laugh: the decoration was ok, but there was an air conditioning unit next to the window, and it was attached to it with adhesive tape (really, look at the picture!); believe me, you didn’t need to be a very attentive person to notice this, it was almost in the middle of the room, right next to the bed. The bathroom also had another “repair” like this, I don’t know to which purpose (look at the second picture). When I booked the hotel, I also paid for breakfast to be included; when we got to the restaurant next morning, they told us that our breakfast was orange juice, coffee and some bread; if we wanted to have something a little bit more substantial, we’d need to pay more… if you take into consideration that the hotel is right in the middle of a very commercial area, staying there to have breakfast would have been silly (especially after being familiar with the overall quality of the hotel accommodations). So long story make short, don’t stay at this hotel; believe me, there are much better options just a couple of blocks away from this so called 4 star hotel (take a look at El Principado hotel, for instance).

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank MyriamGG
Irma_Mabarak, Guest Relations Manager at Hotel El Ejecutivo, responded to this reviewResponded October 20, 2012

We are sorry to know that your recent stay with us did not quite matched your expectations. As you may have learnt, we have recently finished our refurbishing process on our rooms and hallways. Everything in now properly functioning, including both of our new elevators. However there are some minor maintenance details missing which are currently being studied by our Maintenance department and that will be taken care of as soon as possible.
About the breakfast, we would like to mention that some rates may include breakfast (Charge- free) as a promotion. However this breakfast is a courtesy and it is not charged at any time. Even so, we also offer our guests that count with this courtesy the option of exchanging it for a Buffet Breakfast by paying a small difference. We are sorry to know that this option was not appealing to you but we would like to definitely suggest it in case you decide to give us another chance. We will be proud to count with that opportunity and will do our best in order to improve your opinion about us.

Reviewed October 9, 2012

The hotel is in a good spot right off of reforma next to 222. It is a good price for the location and the rooms are newly renovated. The check in process was smooth and easy and all the employees very attentive. All of questions were answered by Irma and I would stay there again next time I am in Mexico City.

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled solo
1  Thank jack h
Irma_Mabarak, Guest Relations Manager at Hotel El Ejecutivo, responded to this reviewResponded October 17, 2012

It was our pleasure to attend you and we feel very proud to know that you were satisfied by the attentions and service provided by our team. Perhaps for your next visit you will be interested in checking out our official website. There you will find excellent- deal rates as well as different specially designed lodging packages. You will also find a special section where you will be able to directly contact us for any doubt or assistance you might need before your stay. We will eagerly attend you on anything you might require for improving your experiences with us!

Reviewed October 9, 2012

First of all, I should say I'm a very easy going one person when reviewing a hotel I stayed in. To be honest, I guess that when we are traveling for leisure, we tend to be more tolerant about minors issues. Afterall, we are supposed to relax and have fun during vacation, right?
To plan travels is one of my favorite hobbies and I always have considered the reviews here on TA to decide which hotel to choose. And it was no different when I booked a 2 night stay in this hotel for the final stage of an amazing 3 week trip. I was aware that the hotel is under renovation works, but it is well ranked on TA and the rates were good.
Unfortunately, this 2 night stay was by far the worst hotel experience that I ever had.

The hotel advertises itself as a 4 star hotel, which is absolutely not true. Maybe when the retrofit that is being held in the hotel is completed and whenever the hotel staff is able to provide guests decent service, it could be rated as a 3 star budget hotel. Unfortunately, based on my terrible experience, I frankly do not think that this will actually happen.

Here is a short list of problems: (i) no water at the time I checked in, making impossible to use the bathroom, for instance (no one at the front desk alerted me about this during check in); (ii) the TV remote control was not in the room (I had to ask front desk to provide me one the morning after); (iii) dirty walls and furniture in bed shape (kind of annoying, since I stayed in one of the remodeled/new rooms); (iv) bathroom door in poor condition; (v) stinky bathroom; (vi) dirty restaurant with nonexistent service; (vii) no soundproof windows, making the room very noisy and virtually impossible to sleep (see, I am not a light sleeper, but the dance music coming from the nearby-or-maybe-not-so-near-night-club was so loud that for moments I felt that I was lying on a bed in the dance floor); (viii) wireless internet not working in our floor (asked front desk 3 – note 3 – times to solve the problem and no response at all was given).

In the evening of the second night, I left a note to the manager where I wrote down all the problems above and none of them was properly addressed. In fact, no answer at all was provided by the hotel staff regarding those matters.

Despite the fact the this review is based on my personal experience during my stay, I feel obliged to share my thoughts, on a hope that such review may help others on the decision making process of booking a room in this hotel.

For me, never, never again!

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Trista-SP
Irma_Mabarak, Guest Relations Manager at Hotel El Ejecutivo, responded to this reviewResponded October 18, 2012

We appreciate your commitment with the Tripadvisor community by offering a sincere opinion. It is only a shame that we just received you for a couple days; had it been a longer stay and know before about the inconveniences you mention, we would have been happy to properly address your remarks.
About the water, we would like to mention that in the past days and due to a small fix that had to be done, the water was turned off at 12 a.m. Nevertheless, this was fixed after half hour, leaving every room with the proper service at 12:30 a.m. This schedule was selected in order to avoid any inconvenience from happening to our guests; we are sorry to know that it bothered you.
About our rooms, we would like to mention that we are currently working on a corrective maintenance program that we are sure will eliminate the aspects you report. Also, we have just finished placing “Odor Traps” on the bathrooms´ strainers, which we believe has completely solved the odor issue.
Regarding the internet aspects, we are about to implement a major change on the access points all around the hotel. This will help the internet signal and improve the data transference speed so we believe will be a solution for this aspect.
We have knowledge of a nearby night club that is located two blocks away from the hotel but the noise caused by this has never been reported by a guest before. Nevertheless, we have assigned this room to our next Manager on Duty’s weekend revision so he can verify this aspect and work in collaboration with the rest of the team to see the best way to solve it.
Our main concern is our guests´ satisfaction, which is why we always appreciate comments like yours. Thank you.

Reviewed September 24, 2012

Great central location in Zona Rosa, near to great restaurants and bars and not too far from the metro. The hotel is obviously going through a transformation as the large room was newly decorated in a very modern style, wheras other parts of the hotel are yet to be updated. A bit noisy at night so take ear plugs. Also the windows need a clean! Would recommend for the room and location.

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled as a couple
Irma_Mabarak, Guest Relations Manager at Hotel El Ejecutivo, responded to this reviewResponded September 28, 2012

Thank you for your comment as well as for giving us the opportunity to receive you.
Indeed we are now working with a new and elegant minimalistic style on our Front Desk, Lobby and Rooms. The works on these areas have been successfully completed; therefore our current guests can now fully enjoy this new design.
Concerning the cleanness of the windows, we would like you to know that our cleaning ladies have the fixed standard of cleaning them from inside each time a guest clears the room. The outside face of the windows cannot be cleaned from inside the room since they cannot be opened from inside for security reason; unfortunately, they got dirty due to raining when some maintenance works (which took only few hours) with concrete were done on our building´s front face last week. Nevertheless, we have a next window cleaning session programmed.
We hope to have the pleasure to welcome you back soon.