“Lucha Libre”

Wayak Day Tours
Ranked #40 of 116 Tours in Mexico City
Type: Bus Tours, Tours
More attraction details
Owner description: Wayak is the Internet portal focused on the international travellers coming to visit Mexico. Specialized in Tours, private shuttles, buses, airport transfers and hotels, Wayak is the best choice to find everything that you will need when you visit this beautiful country. IS VERY IMPORTANT TO LET YOU KNOW THAT WAYAK USES DIFFERENT TOUR, SHUTTLES, AIRPORT TRANSFERS PROVIDERS IN EACH CITY!
New Orleans, Louisiana
20 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 25 helpful votes
“Lucha Libre”
Reviewed January 13, 2014

Our guide Luis was so enthusiastic and knowledgeable about lucha libre; he even arranged for us to meet and pose with some of the luchadores. Highly recommended!

Visited January 2014

Bloomington, Indiana
“Nice tour”
Reviewed January 3, 2014

We booked a wrestling tour during our visit to Mexico City. It was an amazing night! Our guide is nice and knowledgeable. And besides the wrestling event, our tour even includes two shots of Tequila and a wrestling mask. I really like it!

Denver, Colorado
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Wayak”
Reviewed January 1, 2014

This was the most unorganized tour my husband and I have ever experienced. I booked two tours before leaving for Mexico City primarily based on trip advisor reviews;what a mistake! We waited one hour for the first tour to Taxco to pick us up at the hotel and as they were so unorganized we spent extra time picking up others as they retraced the route several times. We were informed by the guide that we all needed to stay together for lunch(the price wasn't included in the tour) only to be taken to a restaurant with horribly expensive,virtually inedible,cafeteria style food. Most certainly it gives a good cut to the tour guide . We were taken to several stores that sold silver and again most likely give a percentage of the sales to the guide. We have been on several tours that take us to store to purchase item but at least we saw a demonstration of how items were made;this one just spoke about how their items were of good quality in an attempt to sell products. We did have some time on our own after visiting two designated shops to see Taxco.For the next tour to Xochimilcho I emailed the company to make sure of the pick up time;however;for this tour the guide was 50 minutes early. We had just sat down to breakfast and the tour guide showed up and said we needed to leave.Once again they were extremely disorganized as each time the driver and guide had to call in to see at which hotel they had pick ups. We waited over a half an hour at one hotel for guests only to find out they had they the wrong hotel. We also were told that the tour would last from 9am to 5 pm but were dropped off at our hotel about 2 1/2 hours early. We were rushed through the Frida Kahlo museum, stopped for 5 minutes in the plaza in San Angel and just drove through Coyoacan. Xochimilco is a stop not to be missed but you can either go on your own or spend a bit more money and hire a private guide.This was not at all what I expected from a tour! I would absolutely not recommend this company!

1 Thank Frenchfemme
jakarta
7 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 25 helpful votes
“Failed to turn up”
Reviewed December 26, 2013

I had a trip from Playa del Carmen to Chichen Itza booked with Wayak Tours. On the morning of the tour I was not picked up. After 30 minutes of waiting I contacted Wayak through the tour desk in my hotel in Playa del Carmen. They said they had made a booking for me with Experiencias Xcaret (their Xichen tour). Experiencias Xcaret said they had no record of my booking. Who knows who is correct but either way I did not get to Chichen Itza. The only solution Wayak could offer was a refund! It is also not obvious that Wayak is not running this tour themselves so it seems better to book with the actual company who run the tour; at least there is then someone to take responsibility if things do not work out!
If you are in Playa del Carmen you can either take a direct bus to Chichen Itza from the ADO bus station on Qunita Avenida (it departs at 8.15) or you can easily book a tour here. I would not take the risk of booking a tour in advance through Wayak.

3 Thank ianf22
Moscow, Russia
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 20 helpful votes
“We had no problem.”
Reviewed December 21, 2013

During our trip to Mexico, we used for transfers the services Wayak Shuttles. Always It was a door-to-door service. Vans were with AC and comfortable. We had no problem.

Visited May 2013