“Highly Recommended”

Wayak Day Tours
Ranked #48 of 127 Tours in Mexico City
Type: Bus Tours, Tours
More attraction details
Owner description: Wayak is the Internet portal focused on the international travellers coming to visit Mexico. Specialized in Tours, private shuttles, buses, airport transfers and hotels, Wayak is the best choice to find everything that you will need when you visit this beautiful country. IS VERY IMPORTANT TO LET YOU KNOW THAT WAYAK USES DIFFERENT TOUR, SHUTTLES, AIRPORT TRANSFERS PROVIDERS IN EACH CITY!
Reviewed March 1, 2013

I became an "old" client of Wayak tours since November 2012 when I was kind of relocated to Mexico City for work purpose.
I took several of their tours around Mexico City, their shuttle to Oaxaca and recently reserved a few shuttles on Chiapas and Yucatan for April.
They never failed: The guides are great, the drivers are excellent, they were always on time. I could not ask for more.
I must say that Wayak is half responsible for my very pleasant stay in Mexico.
Keep your great work Eduardo!

evtorrado, Owner at Wayak Day Tours, responded to this reviewResponded April 25, 2013

Dear Claudia!!!

Thank you very much for your comments!!! I am sure you are enjoying this beautiful country and thank you very much for choosing Wayak as your company tour in Mexico!!!!

Hope to see you soon,

Eduardo

Reviewed February 25, 2013

My wife and I went on the Teotihuacan tour on February 18th. It was a pleasant experience, transportation was comfortable and our tour guide (Allan) was awesome. I am very well versed in ancient Mesoamerican cultures and when doing my research on which tour company to hire I was weary that we would be stuck with a tour company that gave out false information. However, Allan shared correct information and won me over when he explained that Teotihuacan was not an Aztec city. He was educated and well informed and did not share any false information with the group. He was an excellent tour guide and it was a great trip, the only thing that I would change is making the stops a little longer. We missed going inside the church in Tlatelolco, climbing up to the Pocito Chapel during our stop at the Basillica de Guadalupe, and we weren't able to see the Ciudadela in Teotihuacan. I would have rather spent more time in these places rather than our long an unnecessary stop at a gift shop by Teotihuacan.The gift shop stop is too long and although it gives some interesting information during the first 5 minutes the rest of the time just feels like an old and tired sales pitch. This is also where we stopped for food, so it is fine to stop here for food and if people finish early give them the importunity to look around the gift shop, but I don't think the gift shop deserved a stop of its own/

Hi Tony,

First of all, thank you very much for taking the time to give us feedback, we really appreciate it!!! Thanks for your comments we are working on our Teotihuacán stop in order to improve it!

Hope to see you soon!!!

Wayak Staff

Reviewed February 11, 2013

Our lovely Wayak driver Felix picked us up in Merida, and was with us for the next 11 days. We travelled from Yucatan to Mexico City with various stops on the way. His local knowledge was invaluable, and we saw things we would never have dreamed of. He coped with our wacky family (ranging in age from 13 to 84!) with grace and patience. We felt safe and cared for. I cannot recommend Wayak higly enough.

1  Thank Margaret T
Reviewed February 9, 2013

We used Wayak to travel between San Cristobal de las Casas and Oaxaca and then on to Mexico City. Eduardo was very responsive to all my questions and the service itself was prompt and a good value for the money. Our driver, Juan, did a great job of getting us quickly but safely from our B&B in Oaxaca to our hotel in Mexico City. I would certainly use Wayak again for all our transportation needs in Mexico.

Reviewed February 9, 2013

Wayak is a transportation company that you can use to get yourself from Mexico to Playa del Carmen or Cancun. They work as a shuttle that can pick you up in your hotel in one city and deliver to another place. On the way they can take you to most interesting sites in Mexico.
We used their services from Oaxaca to Playa del Carmen from January 29 to February 4. Eduardo promptly responses to emails, so the problem of booking was non-existent.
As I understand, from Oaxaca to the east they don't use their own buses, but contract other companies. It's not a problem for a night travel (they use ADO and can even upgrade you to ADO Platino), but for daytime transfers the minivan can be a bit smaller, than you expect. So when it's full, it might be difficult to find a place for your legs.
However they are always on time and you don't have to worry.
Two points for improvement.
1. It's better to employ the drivers that speak another language (not just Spanish) and that can act as guides on the way. For example, one of the companies they contracted in Oaxaca did exactly that (I'm not going to advertise them here :)))
2. It's better to allow more time at the sites, at least an extra hour for Palenque and Uxmal.

1  Thank aran_bako
evtorrado, Propietario at Wayak Day Tours, responded to this reviewResponded March 13, 2013

Hi, thank you very very much for choosing Wayak, we really take notice about your comments, and we will try to have English speaking drivers on the near future!!! We are also taking care about the times at the archeological sites!!!

Thanks for your comments!!! And hope you visit Mexico again soon!!!

Eduardo