Successfully booked by hotelclub.com I was pleasantly surprised by the room I got at the Lepanto hotel. To start with, it is not a very known hotel so the taxi driver had some troubles finding it, so you better know the complete address. The room was absolutely clean and so was the bathroom. The furniture and equipment looked quite new and I had a very nice view on the neighborhood which, however, turned out to be very dangerous (Guerrero). So I was told by two taxi drivers who both double checked if I locked the door right and if all the windows were closed. Even during the day! At night the hotel was locked and there was an armed security guy at the door who wouldn't let me in if I didn't tell him the room number. So that confirmed the fact about the danger and at the same time I was assured that the hotel itself is very safe. They called a safe taxi for me when I wanted to go out so there wasn't a problem with that (the area Guerrero is also filled with ladies of the night but the hotel is not involved with this in any way at least I got such impression). The cable TV also had many channels although I didn't have time to watch it. So, it is a very nice hotel in a not so nice neighborhood. A metro is nearby but if you like walking it takes about 20-30 min to the Zocalo. There are not many facilities at the hotel, there is however a restaurant which was quite good (but I only had a light breakfast there which wasn't included in the price...). They told me there was no wi-fi but there was an internet connection at the restaurant (but it was very expensive, I can't remember how much). I would recommend this hotel for a short time stay but for longer stays it might be a bit inconvenient to call a taxi every night you want to go out.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- In Avenida Guerrero one of the most important arteries of the dowtown in Mexico City and that crosses with the Avenue Reforma, its located Hotel Lepanto that puts at your disposal its facilities like our Restaurant Lepanto where you will be able to taste of exquisite national and international dishes , Business center with four offices for personal meetings, two meeting rooms "Salón Lope de Vega" with capacity for 300 people and "Salón Cervantes" with capacity for 70 people, terraces for smokers in the open air, 99 spacious rooms, suites with Jacuzzi an exclusive parking lot exclusive for our clients without cost. With 25 years of providing the best possible service to each guest who chooses us and spend his time in family or work days. Give us the opportunity to have you as our guest and enjoy yourself the quality and warmth that characterizes us. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Hotels.com, Orbitz, TripOnline SA, Travelocity, Cancelon, Priceline and HotelQuickly so you can book your Hotel Lepanto reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Lepanto Hotel Mexico City
- Hotel Lepanto Mexico City