“nice, clean, safe”

Ranked #219 of 305 Hotels in Mexico City
Ljubljana, Slovenia
“nice, clean, safe”
Reviewed September 3, 2007

Successfully booked by hotelclub.com I was pleasantly surprised by the room I got at the Lepanto hotel. To start with, it is not a very known hotel so the taxi driver had some troubles finding it, so you better know the complete address. The room was absolutely clean and so was the bathroom. The furniture and equipment looked quite new and I had a very nice view on the neighborhood which, however, turned out to be very dangerous (Guerrero). So I was told by two taxi drivers who both double checked if I locked the door right and if all the windows were closed. Even during the day! At night the hotel was locked and there was an armed security guy at the door who wouldn't let me in if I didn't tell him the room number. So that confirmed the fact about the danger and at the same time I was assured that the hotel itself is very safe. They called a safe taxi for me when I wanted to go out so there wasn't a problem with that (the area Guerrero is also filled with ladies of the night but the hotel is not involved with this in any way at least I got such impression). The cable TV also had many channels although I didn't have time to watch it. So, it is a very nice hotel in a not so nice neighborhood. A metro is nearby but if you like walking it takes about 20-30 min to the Zocalo. There are not many facilities at the hotel, there is however a restaurant which was quite good (but I only had a light breakfast there which wasn't included in the price...). They told me there was no wi-fi but there was an internet connection at the restaurant (but it was very expensive, I can't remember how much). I would recommend this hotel for a short time stay but for longer stays it might be a bit inconvenient to call a taxi every night you want to go out.

• Liked — cleanliness
  • Disliked — dangerous neighborhood
  • Stayed August 2007, traveled on business
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
5 Thank ixtoc
HLEPANTO, Gerente at Hotel Lepanto, responded to this review, May 5, 2017
We thank you for taking the time to share your experience in our hotel in detail, we are pleased to know that our service lived up to your needs, and it is comforting for us to read your opinion. We commented that we already have complimentary WIFI in every area of the hotel, so it worked together with the colony to make your stay safer.
We hope give us another opportunity to serve you, gladly attend.

We appreciate your preference.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (2)
  • Polish first
Texas
Reviewed August 18, 2007

I've stayed at the Lepanto twice, and was pleased both times. The location is super, two blocks from the metro, and walking distance to the Alameda and Belles Artes. While I am always a little jumpy in Mexico City, the street seemed safe. There is a nice store and pharmacy right next door to the hotel. The Lepanto is clean and seems well maintained. This place seems popular with groups. Our room, while not luxurious, was clean and in good order. The staff were friendly and helpful. If you don't speak Spanish, you might have to be patient - they certainly are! The restaurant has a nice menu with fair prices and good service. I felt we got a great value from their website, under $50 with tax. I will stay here again when in DF. The only downside - there was a party booked at the hotel ballroom one night, and it was a little loud in our room. They don't supply many towels, but I suspect they would have brought more. There is a sister hotel near the Zocalo that I would like to check out - it looks to be a similar value.

• Stayed July 2007, traveled with family
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
6 Thank Flaco_Risco
HLEPANTO, Gerente at Hotel Lepanto, responded to this review, May 5, 2017
On the other hand, we deeply regret the inconveniences that arose during your stay. We are sure that we will work together with our team to improve those details.
We hope to give us another opportunity to serve you, we will be pleased to assist you

El Paso, Texas
Reviewed February 4, 2004

One night I accidently ended up here on my way to Patzcuaro Michoacan. My plane from Juarez was delayed six hours and I was tired when I got in to Mexico City. I asked a family at the airport and they recommended the Lepanto, and even took me there. It is a newly remodeled hotel, and was excellant for the price, 35 dollars/ It had super clean and nice rooms, the bathroom had marble tile and a big fancy shower and tub. My room had two king size beds and great air conditioner. It was VERY nice for the price, really remarkable, and when they say room service for 24 hours they mean it. Room service includes extra benefits for the lonely traveler, although I was tired and bypassed the offer. In the morning I had an excellant breakfast in the restaurant that was very inexpensive. The hotel got me a personal chauffer to take me to the bus station in a fancy car with leather interior and SUPER dark tinted glass. The driver had airline pilot sunglasses and a leather bomber jacket, and he had phones and radios everywhere. The only reason I did not rate this hotel excellant, even though it was for me, is that the walls are a little thin and one can hear some noies from rooms next door. I am a sound sleeper, so it did not bother me. If you go, you may want to take earplugs if sensitive to noise, or Tylenol PM. Other than that...?EXCELENTO!

21 Thank SpiritHiker
HLEPANTO, Director General at Hotel Lepanto, responded to this review, May 5, 2017