“Excellent option for vegans and non”
Review of Saks Polanco

Saks Polanco
Reserve with OpenTable
Saks Polanco is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #127 of 4,606 Restaurants in Mexico City
Cuisines: Contemporary
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Neighborhood: Polanco
Reviewed May 1, 2013 via mobile

Several options for vegans and vegetarians, not a turn down for the rest since there are a couple of options as steak or chicken but definitely not a steak house.

Salads are good, main dishes are excellent although I've been here a few times in the past and the menu still the same so after a few visits could get boring, chef should renew the menu so it offers new experiences to old customers.

Service is good, you can spend your meal either outside on the terraza or inside if crowded.

I recommend the Saks salad, cactus timbal so good, the tuna steak with hummus is a good option that usually is ok but today I could tell that it was not that fresh probably it was frozen and it was placed at the grill directly, the texture was not right they should pay attention to this kind of details if you go for this tell the waiter to pass the message to the chef to make it right or go for the salmon that is good too.

At the table they place a basket with a variety of sliced bread that goes pretty good with the salads and main courses.

Tamarind margarita is great!

Price is around 750 mxn with tip included for 2 persons with drinks (salads and main course)

There are newer reviews for Saks Polanco

Reviewed March 27, 2013

We went to this restaurant to celebrate my husband's birthday. He chose it himself because he read that the food was good for vegetarians. This was true and he really enjoyed his dishes. We normally struggle when we visit Mexico, but this time he had plenty of choice.

We had a table in the terrace, but I was not completely happy. When I booked it over the phone, I didn't realise the terrace was right next to the street. At rush hour it can get a little noisy and it is not such a nice view.

My husband thought the service was relaxed whilst I thought it was laxed. The waiter forgot to bring the menu in English and we had to remind him. He also brought a glass of a different wine than the one we had ordered. My mum had the mixiote and it was cold. She had to ask for it to be reheated. The same with her capuccino - it was cold. The service was friendly, but I would have hoped for it to be more professional.

To summarise, the food was good (great for vegetarians) but perhaps the service needs to step up a notch. I would recommend this place, but with so many other good restaurants in Mexico City, I am not sure I would go back too soon.

1  Thank ViajeraConGusto
Reviewed March 20, 2013

My favorite meal at Saks is their salmon filet with asparagus with balsamic sauce. Delicious! Also the cheese & fruit plate with their variety of bread is wonderful. The atmosphere is pleasant, and there is often live music that's not overwhelming. Their version of claricot (a wine & fruit cocktail) is very good. We have enjoyed our dining experience every time we have eaten there!

Reviewed February 2, 2013

Saks tries to give their menu a healthy / exotic (for Mexico) twist, they seem to have achieved a standard of production in their kitchen which is rare.

I really like their enfrijoladas (chicken or cheese inside folded tortillas bathed in a bean sauce), it never fails to hit the spot with the nice bread and cheese spread they serve. The ambience is a little family oriented, your fellow diners will be middle class ladies gossiping, the blue hair brigade and bureaucrats - so nothing to write home about.

Reviewed January 7, 2013

I had walked past Saks many times on my way someplace else. My friend suggested a brunch there, so I went.

What I liked:
-The carrot cake cupcake was awesome. Ask for it if they bring the bread tray and it's not there.
-The mimosas are yummy.
-My son liked the pancakes--which are not on the menu, but you can ask the waiter and the chef will make them.
-Lots of vegetarian options, thus making it a great place to bring anyone!
-Like the patio dining. There's also a room available for office parties inside.
-Plenty of valet parking
-Location near the Polanco hotel district

Potential Improvements: