“Marvelous!”

Ranked #49 of 82 Coffee & Tea in Mexico City
Neighborhood: Condesa
Neighborhood: Condesa
Reviewed May 9, 2013

I did not find this cafetería by accident. After reading a few reviews and noting that it was always among the 5 best coffee shops (the neighborhood also helps!) and visiting its webpage I knew it was a mandatory stop.

Everything about this place is great. Lets start from the most important part, the coffee itself...coming from its owner, who is an expert barista, a taster, a roaster and a judge of The National Barista Competition, I guess the coffee must be good...it was actually excellent! I tried their specialty "Macchiato Doble" which had the perfect combination of cream and acidity.

The service is also great, and the decoration very cool. If you want you could also seat outside in their front terrace, enjoying the surroundings of Condesa.

Highly recommended!

Reviewed February 16, 2013

I really enjoyed this place while staying in DF. I found it by accident and it was great! They have great coffee, and I really liked that they did pour-overs, french press, as well as japanese siphon style. So don´t just try a normal coffee, have them make it using one of these other methods as the taste is simply a lot better! So if you like places in the states like Stumptown or Intelligentsia or other local brewers of that variety. This is the place for you. I tried the espresso once. For me, it was ok. I prefer my espresso more rich and full, almost sweet but not really sweet in a sugary way. The espresso here was a little more bitter, which isn´t necessarily bad, but a matter of preference. The cafe has a good ambience as well.

Reviewed December 28, 2012

We found it very hard to find a good coffee in Mexico or Central America for that matter. This place had a nice feel to it. Located in a nice area close to the Park and the coffee was definitely worth the money!

1  Thank anhemp
Reviewed April 5, 2012

Nice neighborhood, close to a park and taxis, They have decaf cappuccino which we had a hard time finding.

1  Thank viajand0
Reviewed April 4, 2012

My husband and I are coffee snobs, and during a recent visit to Mexico City we went here every morning. Really good espresso and good breakfast too and a nice neighbourhood feel.

1  Thank Tressa90