Tripadvisor

Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Dining
Neighborhood: Cuauhtemoc District
Cross street: Entre Guanajuato y Queretaro
Transit: Estamos a 2 cuadras de la estacion de Metrobus Alvaro Obregon.
Reviewed 4 weeks ago via mobile

I have visited the restaurant at leasg 5 times in the last few years. It has been getting worse. No new creativity. It is falling behind its peers like Pujol, Quintonil or Limosneros. Srvice is awful....

Date of visit: March 2019
Write a reviewReviews (796)

Reviewed January 9, 2020 via mobile

1) Amazing chicken, outstanding
2) Ok service, as expected
3) Ridiculous sized seabass, literally 6 forkfulls, small even if it were an appetizer
4) No option, zero, for vegetarians. I asked the waiter and he said only what was on the menu was available. UNACCEPTABLE! My wife is a peascetarian, there was the ridiculously sized seabass and lobster, nothing else

Date of visit: January 2020
Reviewed January 9, 2020

I'm an SF foodie, 40 something and a wine lover. I went solo to this restaurant on my last night in CDMX and another solo traveler was seated next to me. Brilliant on Maximo's hostess part. Thank you.
I knew going in I'd order the tasting menu mainly because I wanted to leave the decisions up to someone else. I also did the wine pairing, which I would not recommend. Not because they aren't thoughtful, but because they are mostly natural wines and really a good sancerre &/or pinot noir will carry well through the meal.
The opening course, the sashimi is a wow-er. Whether you get the prix fixe dinner or not, order this if it's on the menu. The second course (and they can decide what to serve) was the deconstructed onion soup - out of this world yummy. Beyond these items, I'd say I may have been just as happy ordering from the main menu. We (my fellow solo traveler also had the tasting menu) had a lovely seared cod and a beef with risotto as following courses. There was a sweet potato dish on the menu that looked great. If I went back, I'd get that.
I read here that it's mostly Americans who go, and indeed it was. That didn't matter so much to me - It's elevated food, fantastic preparation, interesting ingredients and thoughtful service. For way below US prices.
I've now eaten at most of the 'must go' places in CDMX and this is one I would absolutely recommend for travelers.

Date of visit: January 2020
Reviewed January 6, 2020

Maximo Bistrot is one of the new chic restaurants in Mexico City’s booming restaurant scene. Reservations are a must. We started with house margaritas that were among the best we have had. The morel mushroom risotto and red snapper filet entrees were excellent. But the best of the evening was the dark chocolate macadamia torte.

Date of visit: December 2019
Reviewed January 4, 2020

Our guide was able to get us into this restaurant right before Christmas. Spectacular food.

I cannot recommend it enough - although it is hard to get into. They are moving in January to a bigger location, which should help. We would have gone back a few more times if they had been open.

When we go back to Mexico City, will be top of the list.

Date of visit: December 2019