“Food excellent - service attentive” 4 of 5 bubbles
Review of Maximo Bistrot Local

Maximo Bistrot Local
Reserve with OpenTable
Maximo Bistrot Local is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #63 of 3,975 Restaurants in Mexico City
Cuisines: Mexican, International
Good for: Romantic, Special occasions
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Lunch, Full Bar, Outdoor Seating, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff
Dining style: Casual Dining
Neighborhood: Roma
Cross street: Entre Guanajuato y Queretaro
Transit: Estamos a 2 cuadras de la estacion de Metrobus Alvaro Obregon.
Mexico City, Mexico
“Food excellent - service attentive”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 15, 2013

The restaurant is not in the nicest of street corners, the restaurant itself could do with a new floor - the floor of concrete tiles from the 50's does not do the restaurant justice - not chic.

The food though was excellent in every way and will definitely go again.

• Visited May 2013
    • 3 of 5 bubbles

Vancouver, Canada
“An exciting night”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 7, 2013

Thank you for a wonderful dinner on 26 April 2013. My second trip to DF in 2 years and I booked ahead for Maximo bistro local. We were not disappointed. It was a stressful night for the staff, they were able to clearly communicate with us and continue a very professional service and again excellent, wonderfully surprising food. Would not miss it on my next visit.

• Visited April 2013
Schaffhausen, Switzerland
“Best sashimi and mezcal!”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 30, 2013

I loved this place, remind me a lot of Nobu, very delicate dishes with a Mexican punch! Best mezcal coktail i had.
I just dont like to be seated at the street.

Visited March 2013
1 Thank kura09
Mexico DF
“Above and beyond”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 15, 2013

A lesson in averting disaster: After seeing a few reviews online before going, my expectations were already low; somebody wrote right here on Trip Advisor about "french meets spain" to which I could only shudder: horrible service meets oily food? In Mexico? Why? Still, we had a reservation and this place is apparently always packed so I soldiered on.

After going through the menu twice I could not find a single thing I would like to eat, so I proceeded with plan b, a salad... Which arrived promptly... Except it was full of arugula, which I cannot stand, and which they couldn't take out as it was already mixed in. After a couple of tries I gave up and started thinking about nearby options.

Now, I cannot fault the restaurant for not being to cater to a finicky vegetarian who happens to hate arugula... But here's where service comes in and saves the day: they would not let me go hungry and insisted on cooking something else for me, which turned out to be a zingy spaghetti in tomato sauce... If they can whip up something this good on the spot, which isn't really fair for their workflow, the menu has to be excellent. My friend enjoyed her meal, which consisted of burrata, squid ink pasta, banana pie. And in spite of my protests they didn't charge for either the salad or the spaghetti. Hats off to the Staff at Maximo Bistrot!

• Visited April 2013
1 Thank SenZen
Fanwood, New Jersey
“French meets Spanish”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 11, 2013 via mobile

Not so much local cuisine I guess. But WOW, how they tickle your taste buds. Everything feels like small French bistro and the menu is like a little trip to Spain. One of the army of servers helped us to translate the daily changing menu with a vast Mexican wine selection. Would come back any time. Worthwhile every pesos.

Visited April 2013