“Just one night, but awesome!”

Courtyard by Marriott Mexico City Airport
Ranked #6 of 313 Hotels in Mexico City
Reviewed July 24, 2012

After spending 11 nights in the Crowne Plaza Toluca, arriving in room no. 528 of the Courtyard Mexico City Airport Hotel felt like coming home!
I only stayed one night to catch my early flight to Toronto the next morning, but wish I could have stayed longer.

Rooms are small, but well equipped and modern with king bed, sofa, desk and a small glass table. The bathroom is equipped with a walk-in shower (which I like much better than a bathtub), toilet (of course) and a small basin. All in all adequate.
The bed is extremly comfortable and I slept like a baby. Probably one of the best hotel beds I have ever tried and it can easily compete with Westin's Heavenly Bed or the Sheraton Sweet Sleeper Bed.

Check in and out both were fast, efficient and easy and from the hotel it is just a short walk to Terminal 1.

Would I stay there again? If I need to catch an early flight out of MEX again I will not hesitate a second to make another reservation.

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled on business
1  Thank olliwi
GMDavidGauna, Gerente at Courtyard by Marriott Mexico City Airport, responded to this reviewResponded October 25, 2012

Dear guest,

At Courtyard Mexico City Airport we work to make our guests stay a great experience.
I personally thank you for your kind comments.
Regards

Write a ReviewReviews (1,872)

Reviewed July 23, 2012

Although I had a bit of trouble actually finding the hotel, it is so new that many airport staff are still not aware of it's existence and it is not at all well signed (you have to go up to the first floor at the international end of Terminal 1, past the food court then turn right at Krispy Kreme Doughnuts!) but having found it I knew that I was going to be happy. The lobby was quiet, calm and spacious and check in was fast and friendly which after a long flight is just what was needed. The large brand-new room and bathroom were both attractive and spacious and my room service dinner swift and good. I got an excellent night's sleep and felt refreshed and ready to deal with another flight the following morning.

• Stayed: June 2012, traveled solo
4  Thank archibalda
Courtyard_Aeropuerto, Manager at Courtyard by Marriott Mexico City Airport, responded to this reviewResponded November 22, 2012

Dear guest

We appreciate your nice comments. We would be glad to see you here with us again.

Reviewed July 18, 2012

This is a new hotel. The rooms are nice - good beds and bedding, tasteful decor. We were annoyed with how little free water we were given (one tiny bottle), given that you can't drink from the tap, and the water they had for sale is extremely expensive for Mexico. The food at the hotel is extremely average (my hamburger tasted like a fist full of pink slime), and expensive, and worse, the restaurant is not a comfortable place to be. The restaurant has like 10 televisions in it running constantly, which made me feeling like I was being brainwashed while I ate. My wife and I only used room service for dinner because we hated the environment of the restaurant so much - and room services adds a 15% gratuity to the bill.

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank azzabazza18

Dear guest,

At Courtyard Mexico City Airport we appreciate our guest’s opinion. We are sorry you weren’t comfortable with your stay at this hotel. We work to give all of our guests the best experience in our hotel hence your comments are really valuable for us.

Reviewed June 21, 2012

Couldn't ask for a better service or more convinient location if your are arriving or leaving Mexico City Airport. It's location right next too terminal 1 and the bus station. Great value for money and great room service.

Stayed: June 2012, traveled on business
2  Thank Daniel S
Courtyard_Aeropuerto, Customer Services at Courtyard by Marriott Mexico City Airport, responded to this reviewResponded November 6, 2012

Dear Guest

Thanks for your comments. We appreciate the time you took to share your experience.

Reviewed June 13, 2012 via mobile

Can't say enough good things about it. Nice staff, life fitness gym equipment, and prettiest Courtyard I've seen.

• Stayed: June 2012
1  Thank EricP3UAL

Dear Guest
Thank you for your great comments. At Courtyard Mexico City Airport we are keen to work always to give an excellent service.

Reviewed June 8, 2012

Many people working in the international terminal are not yet familiar with this new hotel, and the signage is poor. However, once we found our way to the hotel, we were pleasantly surprised by the quality of service and amenities. Everyone was very accommodating, our room was extremely comfortable, and the restaurant was great, though a little pricey. As other reviewers have noted, the hotel is brand new, having opened in April, and it is gorgeous. We plan on staying there whenever we need to stop over.

• Stayed: June 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank camilledul

Dear guest

Thank you for your great comments. We are glad to hear that you will consider stay with us again the next time you come to Mexico city.

Reviewed June 5, 2012

We had an early flight out of Mexico City in the morning so we spent one night here arriving at about 9:30 PM and checking out at around 4:00 AM in the morning. I was actually disappointed that we did not get to spend more time here enjoying the restaurants and facilities. The hotel is brand new and I was pleased to be among the first guests to stay here. Being new, everything is in exquisite condition. The carpet is perfect, bed sheets perfect, not a thing out of place, etc. I hope that it stays this way even after many years of travelers passing through. Upon arrival, we were greeted by many of the staff who were just standing there waiting for the next guests to come in. Everyone was very nice and we were escorted up to our room by a very nice man. He was telling us about all the amenities & restaurants (that we would never get to use) and once we got to the room, he was telling us how everything worked and offered to get us ice. I love the modern decor of the hotel. It's very upscale and makes you feel good. Toiletries are provided and there is free wi-fi with a password. I'd love to go back and stay here - at the airport - just to experience more of what this hotel has to offer.

• Stayed: May 2012, traveled as a couple
3  Thank Jeff M

Dear guest,
We are really happy to hear your comments. And to hear how great a service was delivered from our team is appreciable.
We would be happy to receive you next time you come to Mexico.