“Safe & central! Wonderful staff, I will be back!”
Review of Hostel Suites DF

Hostel Suites DF
Heidelberg, Australia
“Safe & central! Wonderful staff, I will be back!”
Reviewed August 10, 2014

I loved my stay here!
Rooms are clean and bed comfy
I can't stress how good the location is! Walking distance to almost everything
Staff are fun and friendly, and make use of the bar they have

Breakfast is something special. It's worth the stay just for it!

I loved it here thank you for such a good stay

Wifi needs a bit of work, and it can be loud on the weekend

• Stayed August 2014, traveled with friends
1 Thank Michelle N

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (19)
  • Korean first
Reviewed May 18, 2014

This was a fantastic hostel. Amazing locations nearby metro stations & a number of beautiful sites.
The room was very clean & simple. The staff were EXCEPTIONALLY helpful & kind. They truly made it a great experience - always on hand to help eight whatever they could.

• Stayed May 2014, traveled as a couple
Reviewed January 31, 2014

This was a really good option in Mexico City. I stayed here three times overall, twice with a friend and once on my own, in both a private room and a dorm. It was clean, comfortable and the staff were really helpful. Its not in the best area, but the walk into the centre is fine. The breakfast is really nice, and the women that cook it are lovely. Its thoughtful how they cook something different every day. My friend arrived in Mexico from London and this was the first place she stayed with me and I think it was a good, safe introduction for a slightly nervous traveller! The main thing I took from my stay here was how nice the staff were, and its this that would ensure my return if I am ever in Mexico City again.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled with friends
2 Thank MaaikePC
Melbourne, Australia
Reviewed December 13, 2013

First and foremost, the location is ideal, you can get to most of the major sites and museums with a little walk in either direction, and if you don't like walking, the Hidalgo metro station is just round the corner. I had a room to myself until late in the evening and it was very clean, well aired and spacious...couldn't really ask for much more. The staff on the front desk were all very helpful and the communal areas are nice and chilled. Well worth a stay at the price.

In terms of getting around a bit further afield, I didn't have any concerns on the Metro despite my initial reservations, I would just suggest keeping yourself on lockdown just in case (i.e. and bag zips around your front and hands in pockets). In all seriousness its so cheap and easy, you really do not have to take tours to places like the Basilica, Frida Kahlos house, or Xochimilco (thanks for the spelling google). I haven't got round to writing a review of it yet but if you need advice on how to get to Teotihuacan from Mexico City, by all means send me a note.

Room Tip: The Wifi range doesn't reach to the upper floors so if its a necessity to get online in your roo...
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled solo
1 Thank randallml
Reviewed December 2, 2013 via mobile

The hostel is well located, near downtown (30 minutes walking to Templo Mayor archeological site) and to the Paseo de La Reforma Ave. Staff very courteous! No elevator in the building, but they kindly helped me with my heavy bag. Breakfast is good and included in the daily rate.

Stayed November 2013, traveled solo
2 Thank MarciaItani
Perth, Australia
Reviewed December 1, 2013

My partner and i stayed in a private room for 3 days. Our room was on the 4th floor. There were no lifts, so be prepared to carry backpacks up multiple of flights. The kitchen staff were very nice and fed you well. The reception staff were also very friendly and helpful. The only thing that may damper your stay is that sometimes staff or backpackers may stay up late partying, unfortunately the noise from the kitchen carries through. If you are staying on levels 1,2, & 3, you are very likely to hear the noise. Otherwise, the hostel is worth your dollar, comfortable beds, clean toilets and bathrooms and HOT water.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Nerissa B
Reviewed October 8, 2013

Well maybe that's a mild exaggeration but they really looked after us well here. All the staff were great, couldn't do enough for us and were really helpful with advice on places to go and how to get there. Special mention has to go the kitchen staff, two lovely sisters who took us under their wing and were really understanding of my dietary requirements. Great breakfasts.
The common areas were good, it was reasonably social without being crazy and walkable from the centre as well as being close to a metro line. Can't comment on the dorms but both our private rooms were great for the price, though the mattresses need to be changed as there was certainly some dips and broken springs. But you get what you pay for and at Hostel Suites DF, you really get quite a bit.

Room Tip: I think the private rooms are the best option - higher up are quieter but be prepared to tackle the...
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple