“Just as great as the last visit!”
Review of Rosetta

Rosetta
Reserve with OpenTable
Rosetta is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #68 of 4,439 Restaurants in Mexico City
Cuisines: Italian, Mexican
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Neighborhood: Roma
Merida, Yucatan
“Just as great as the last visit!”
Reviewed January 15, 2014

Now that I'd convinced 4-friends to go for lunch here, I was a tad worried it wouldn't be as wonderful as I remembered...

No Worries Mate!

From the cocktails - to a fabulous Malbec called "Ave" (which, unfortunately I can't find anywhere else in Mexico) - to the appetizers ( a buttery carpaccio de res) - to the starter (carpaccio de Buffalo) which they took off the ticket because one of my friends commented it was a little dry. Nonetheless, we ate nearly every bite.

I ordered the duck and it was drooling good & rich! All of our meals were delicious, nicely presented and generous portions.

Yes, we ate like 4-baskets of the fabulously fresh and squeezable soft, crusty and down right addictive Focaccia bread. But that didn't stop us from having dessert. I had the cannoli's - crunchy on the outside and creamy dreaminess inside.

We stayed, we talked we ate and we laughed for about 3-hours. Nobody ever hurried us and no waiters hoovered around our table. When we wanted something a waiter or service person appeared.

In all, a wonderful, funny and delicious afternoon! I'll be back again and again and again.....

• Visited January 2014
1 Thank miguelsmexico

Mexico City, Mexico
“excellent food”
Reviewed January 8, 2014

Rosetta is one of my favorite restaurants in the city, it is casual but elegant in every way… the food is a mixture of amazing ingredients, very well cooked , sophisticated but in a non pretentious way that somehow makes me feel at home.. You can feel the heart put in in every bite.. The chef moves with local ingredients and seasons.. quite a treat!

• Visited December 2013
“Deserves the accolades”
Reviewed January 6, 2014 via mobile

Great atmosphere Wine list - and best of all delicious food - good service and Italian without Tortillas which is refreshing after three weeks in Mexico - simple but adequate menu - Enjoy

Visited January 2014
Mexico, DF
“They should honor reservations.”
Reviewed December 7, 2013

The food is still great, and the place is still packed everyday, so reservations are a must. Just don't bother reserving via opentable.com since they don't honor reservations via that system.

• Visited December 2013
Dubai, United Arab Emirates
“Yummy!”
Reviewed October 29, 2013

I just walked in with no reservations on my own so they put in a room upstairs which upset me at the beginning as I couldn't "people watch" and wanted to sit downstairs in the main room. But the food and service were worth it. Again the service all over Mexico can seem quite pushy as they wanna get rid of you but only realised its the same more or less everywhere. So I was done in 90minutes but I was on my own. Had some beautiful Chilean red wine, a salad starter and then a risotto which were all amazing. The served bread with Olive oil was fantastic also. If you are going by cab don't take the cabs they provide as they are double the ones you can find on the street!

• Visited October 2013