“Cozy restaurant, nice food” 4 of 5 bubbles
Review of Rosetta

Rosetta
Reserve with OpenTable
Rosetta is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #64 of 4,105 Restaurants in Mexico City
Cuisines: Italian
Good for: Romantic, Business meetings, Special occasions
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Lunch, Free Wifi, Full Bar, Outdoor Seating, Private Dining, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Valet Parking, Waitstaff
Neighborhood: Roma
Mexico City, Mexico
“Cozy restaurant, nice food”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 6, 2013

Nice restaurant for a nice long dinner. Nice wine list, good food, friendly service. The homemade bread is amazing! Just very packed the place, everybody is so close together.

• Visited July 2013

Mexico DF
“Amazing place”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 30, 2013

I live in Mexico City, so beleive me I know the restaurants here. Rosetta should be ranked in the top 10 in the city, the food is amazing, the place is fun and cozy, and it is located in one of the nicest areas in Mexico. The only problem is that it is so famous that getting a reservation is complicated. But It is worth it!

• Visited June 2013
“Great Taste”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 24, 2013

One of the most delicious restaurant in Mexico. The restaurant itsel has a very peculiar environment. The location itself has more than 90 years of being built. The service great.
The taste of the food is delicate, rich and creative. Desserts extraordinary!! Prices affordable $45/$50 USD per person.

• Visited May 2013
Merida, Yucatan
“Fabulous!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 17, 2013

Glad I have to stay in town a few extra days so I can go back to Rosetta!

Monday afternoon 3:30pm - high lunch hour in DF. The place is packed but I got lucky. Was seated immediately. Asked for the wine menu and ordered a Chilean red blend of Cabernet Sauvignon, Merlot, Carmenere, and Petit Verdot. Excellent!

I started with the beet salad, served with crunchy fresh greens, strawberries and a sweet vinaigrette. Amazing. The waiter almost lost his hand when he reached to pick up my salad plate. Yes, I'd finished the salad but I had to clean the plate with warm tears off the herb topped focaccia bread that was falling out of a basket on my table, accompanied by a dish of fruity extra virgin olive oil.

Another glass of wine, sparkling water and finally, I decided on the filet of cordero, medium rare.

The cordero arrived perfectly rare to medium rare served upon a heavenly red wine reduction sauce that was also drizzled over it and the roasted veggies, by the waiter at the table. The sauce was the perfect accomplice to this criminally extraordinary meal. Without a doubt, this maybe the best lamb I have ever eaten. I ate slowly to savor the meal. The wine was the perfect pairing so I ordered another glass to help with the gourmandization.

The waiter knew better than to remove the plate until I had polished it clean with the oil dipped focaccia.

After a short respite to finish my wine, I ordered dessert. Fresh herbs, drizzled with extra virgin olive oil and a dollop of Rosemary flavored ice cream. Beyond words. Pure ambrosia!

It wasn't inexpensive, but it was worth it. Happy birthday to me! I'm going to celebrate my birthday a few times this week!

• Visited June 2013
1 Thank miguelsmexico
Mexico City, Mexico
“Awesome place but needs help with staff”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 27, 2013 via mobile

I came here today may 27th, im actually sitting in the restaurant. The food is amazing, flavours etc and so is the wine.

Service is fast and efficent however the waiters seem to be busy in the entrance of the restaurant forgetting the rest of the guests. Thats is my only nono for this place, they need to step it up, I ordered 2 glasses of wine and had to call the waiter 4 times for that and dessert.

• Visited May 2013