“Excellent place to stay in Mexico City !!” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Casa Roa"

Casa Roa"
Ranked #12 of 129 Mexico City B&B and Inns
Sao Paulo, SP
“Excellent place to stay in Mexico City !!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 23, 2014

I stayed here as part of my business trip to LatAm. I can say that this place offers a terrific value for money. In a way, it almost like staying at your own home as you have access to the kitchen if you´d like to cook for yourself. You can do your own laundry and iron your own clothes. The neighborhood is very beautiful too, if you would like to take a walk or go jogging. Access to taxis is very good too and they turn up quickly on call. A range of malls are in the not too distant vicinity (Superama, Costco, Walmart). The best part is that you have an opportunity to interact with other visitors to the city over breakfast. The ambience is very warm, Informal and friendly.

Room Tip: The rooms on the upper floor in my opinon give you a better view and more light
  • Stayed July 2014, traveled on business
2 Thank Joseph D
casaroa, Owner at Casa Roa", responded to this review, September 29, 2014
Thank you very much for your kind review.
It was our pleasure to have you here for the second time,and for an extended period,we know that when you feel at home away from home ,we achieve our goal,to be of service to you as you deserve.
Kind regards
Enjoy been at home.
Team Casa Roa

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (12)
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 25, 2014

I am a permanent traveler and stay at hotels very frequently, at Casa Roa I received the warmest reception I had in long long time, the Manager and her team made me feel like at home. The place is nicely furnished and decorated, my room was very comfortable and quiet, delicious breakfast prepared in the moment with personal advise from the Chef, what else could I ask for? I highly recommend to stay at Casa Roa if you look for accommodation in the area.

• Stayed May 2014, traveled on business

2 Thank Miguel G
casaroa, Owner at Casa Roa", responded to this review, September 29, 2014
We are very happy that you feel at home, that is one of our priorities, but been able to provide more that what is expected is the best compliment we can hear from you an experienced traveler.
We are looking forward to see you in the near future.
Mi casa su Casa Roa.
Sincerely
Team Casa Roa
Adelaide, Australia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 11, 2014

Oh my goodness I can't believe I forgot to post a review until now!
I stayed at Casa Roa in November 2013 and it was fantastic. No it's not in a central location and yes the taxi drivers are terrible at finding the place, but it's worth it! Trust me it is absolutely worth it to have the chance to meet these wonderful women and enjoy their hospitality. I know it's been said already but they really do treat you like part of the family. And when you're coming home from a crazy day out in one of the biggest cities on earth that's exactly what you need. A refuge away from the chaos.
The kitchen is the heart of the home it's where everyone gathers to cook, eat, drink and laugh together. The home itself is gorgeously decorated in a fresh contempory mexican style. And my bed was super comfy!
During my stay at Casa Roa the family suffered the loss of a loved one. I felt perhaps I should give them space and leave them alone as I didn't want to be a burden. But they welcomed me into their world, showing me family photos and sharing stories. It was really quite special and I felt humbled that they would include me during such a difficult time.
I will go back one day. I don't know when, but I will.
Josie

• Stayed November 2013, traveled solo
1 Thank Ozitravlr84
casaroa, Owner at Casa Roa", responded to this review, May 24, 2014
Dear friend is always great to hear from you,your visit was special in many ways you make Australia feel close to us no matter how far it is.
All the people in Casa Roa remenber you!visit us again soon.
The best in all your plans.
Nice, France
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 11, 2014

It's a really nice place with really friendly people ! It's quiet, comfortable and peaceful you feel like home ! I love it ! I recommend la casa roa for everyone who want to enjoy a good stay in Mexico City !

• Stayed February 2014, traveled with family
    • 3 of 5 stars

1 Thank chevalierlelion
casaroa, Manager at Casa Roa", responded to this review, March 13, 2014
My friend thanks a lot for your kind words!!!
Thanks and enjoy your visit to Mexico.

best from casa Roa
Anchorage, Alaska
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 9, 2014

I stayed there for a week.staff was really friendly specially Sofia .she was really nice and helpfull.she also was a good mngr.tnk you Sofia and Casa Roa staff. I would like to advise whom going to Mexico City to stay in Casa Roa .you ll feel like you are home.one more think is a price was really reasonable

• Stayed January 2014
1 Thank Syhee
casaroa, Manager at Casa Roa", responded to this review, March 13, 2014
My friend thanks a lot hope you have great peacefull life.

My best wishes for you from Mexico
Always feel welcome to Casa Roa

Best wishes! gracias!!!
Sacramento, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 3, 2014

My nephew and I recently spent an enjoyable week exploring Mexico City and staying at the Casa Roa. Casa Roa is a very nice two story home located in the upscale “Satellite” area of Mexico City. There are a variety of rooms at Casa Roa, we stayed in two of them and they were both large, comfortable and nicely decorated. The second room we stayed had doors that opened directly to the backyard. The rooms we stayed had all the modern conveniences including excellent Wi-Fi service. Isabel, the owner, is a very warm and friendly person that made the stay extra special. She also helped us figure out the best sites to see, how to get around, etc.

We were there a week but had something different each day for breakfast which was served in the kitchen. It was always delicious. We also arranged for a tour of the Pyramids near Mexico City. Our tour guide was Sophia, Isabel’s daughter and we also enjoyed this very much.

Others in these reviews have commented on the taxis – so here is my take on it. There are a few small restaurants and stores located within easy walking distance of Casa Roa – but for most places you need public transport – which for us meant taxis. Fortunately, taxis are common and easy to use in Mexico City (and we don’t speak very much Spanish). Getting a taxi from Casa Roa is easy – Isabel would call a taxi and within a few minutes, it arrived. Finding taxis from the various places we visited to Casa Roa was generally not a problem. I do recommend bringing a Casa Roa business card (with map on the back), Google map or GPS as all taxi drivers could get to the Satellite area without problem – but finding Casa Roa was occasionally a little more difficult. Also, traffic can be bad from the downtown area to Casa Roa at rush hour so plan accordingly (and use the toll roads).
I highly recommend the Casa Roa, it truly felt like being in a home away from home.

• Stayed February 2014, traveled with family

1 Thank stevenpsac
casaroa, Owner at Casa Roa", responded to this review, March 5, 2014
Thank you for your review and your kind words.
I find out that both of you are seasoned world travelers so your review is very valuable for us,we have a great time with your visit and watching the Winter Olympics during breakfast specially "curling"and art skating,was fun!
Sofia was happy to show you the special areas of Teotihuacan that are rarely visited and is very pleased that you enjoyed your first trip to Mexico city.
Come again with more time and visit Xochimilco , Chapultepec Castle and other great places that Mexico has to offer .
Warmly
Casa Roa team.
Mexico
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 3, 2013

Very good service, excellent food, and very friendly company, they treat you like family. Its a different place to stay, better than a simply hotel room. They give yo advice for a better way to get your different destiny. They have a extend interested places to visit while you are staying. I'm happy to go back in future.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled on business

2 Thank Diana N
casaroa, General Manager at Casa Roa", responded to this review, November 4, 2013
Thanks always feel welcome!!!

we hope to see you soon Casa Roa is ... su Casa in Mexico!!!

Thanks our great pleasure to serve you!
Best 2U!!! Your friends & team!!!

Casa Roa!!!