This hotel is already a bit old and that is evident in the decor and the overall look of the hotel, however it is very well maintained and very clean. It is probably the best "old" hotel I've ever been in. I usually prefer to stay in lower level however newer hotels but this Fiesta American does not let you down.
The rooms are very big and the king size bed is very good, providing a good sleep. With a normal sized bathroom, the cleanliness was again very good. Once again I was amazed with the maintenance of the bathroom. Everything worked and was in a very good state, it does not stay behind some hotels with half the usage / age.
My room had a nice LCD TV, a new AC system and a very good wifi, providing a bit extra of comfort. The breakfast was very good and complete with several fresh fruits and a lot of warn dishes and on demand chef.
To finish the high points is the location. Right next to the Chapultepec park and the Castle it allows for a nice weekend walk. However this hotel is quite far from the City Historical Centre.
One of the downside would be the view. The rooms facing the park have an amazing view. The rooms facing back have a terrible view to all other buildings patios and auxiliary systems.
Other downside is the fact that it does not have a pool and the gym is not that good.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- When traveling to Mexico City, plan for an exclusive experience, surrounded by the Chapultepec Forest, one of the most beautiful spots in the city, and a stone's throw away from important business, shopping and entertainment centers. Stay at the Grand Fiesta Americana Chapultepec, one of the most beautiful hotels in Mexico, and make your trip an unforgettable experience that is as distinguished as you are. The innovative and elegant architecture of the hotel sets it apart in the city. A view of the Castle of Chapultepec can be seen from most of the 203 rooms and suites, making it impossible to forget that you are immersed in a city that is full of history and enchantment. It is a place where you can unwind in style, comfort, elegance and exclusivity. If you're seeking an enjoyable business trip to Mexico City, we offer three executive Grand Club floors, featuring excellent personalized customer service, private check-in, european breakfast and outstanding service at the exclusive Executive Lounge, offering drinks and select light snacks. One of Mexico's top restaurants is Salammbo, where an innovative ambiance combines with an exquisite range of contemporary international cuisine. To make your business trips to Mexico City remarkable, Grand Fiesta Americana Chapultepec features the elegant and functional "Castillo de Chapultepec" room, which hosts up to 250 people and is accompanied by impeccable service, to take care of every detail. Within the splendor of this already iconic Mexico City hotel, you'll have the chance to work-out at the fully-equipped gym or find a state relaxation and beauty that's only available at the stylish, elegant and comfortable hotel spa. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Splitty, Hotels.com, Travelocity, Orbitz, Priceline, Hotwire, getaroom.com, HotelQuickly, Cancelon and TripOnline SA so you can book your Grand Fiesta Americana Chapultepec reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Fiesta Americana Grand Chapultepec Hotel Mexico City
- Fiesta Americana Mexico City
- Mexico City Fiesta Americana
- Grand Fiesta Americana Chapultepec Mexico City