Just returned from a week in Mexico and two days in this hotel. There was a reservation mix-up upon check-in and it took a VERY long time to get it straightened out. We waited in the lobby for quite a long time, then left and visited a museum and were subjected to another LONG check-in before our rooms were ready. The staff was very helpful and tried their best to accomodate our group which consisted of four adults and three young people. We had three rooms on the same floor. One was huge with a fabulous view, the boys room was large and had two double beds and our room was a normal sized hotel room. Rooms were very clean, nicely furnished, and something I usually do not find in a hotel, a very comfy bathtub for a nice long soak. Two of the rooms received turn-down service with water and chocolates but we were skipped both nights. I paid the $16 for 24 hours of internet service which worked fine. When I went to print my boarding pass in the business computer room, they wanted to charge me for that. I called the desk and and complained that I did not intend to pay for that after I had already paid $16 for the internet for 24 hours of service. A desk person immediately arrived at the door and took me downstairs to the lobby where he printed everything and handed me as much free water as I could carry after I mentioned we had not received turn down service in our room. My husband and I ordered room service the first night while the rest of the family went out to eat. The food was hot and very good but not cheap. There are two 7-11's within a block of the hotel to buy water and snacks, which we did. A beautiful sedan took us to the airport for 320 pesos. We walked every where and spent our second day on a double decker bus tour which I highly recommend. We received a wonderful overview of the city and we were able to get on and off as we pleased. We could have spent a lot more time in this fascinating city. We would stay in this hotel again.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- When traveling to Mexico City, plan for an exclusive experience, surrounded by the Chapultepec Forest, one of the most beautiful spots in the city, and a stone's throw away from important business, shopping and entertainment centers. Stay at the Grand Fiesta Americana Chapultepec, one of the most beautiful hotels in Mexico, and make your trip an unforgettable experience that is as distinguished as you are. The innovative and elegant architecture of the hotel sets it apart in the city. A view of the Castle of Chapultepec can be seen from most of the 203 rooms and suites, making it impossible to forget that you are immersed in a city that is full of history and enchantment. It is a place where you can unwind in style, comfort, elegance and exclusivity. If you're seeking an enjoyable business trip to Mexico City, we offer three executive Grand Club floors, featuring excellent personalized customer service, private check-in, european breakfast and outstanding service at the exclusive Executive Lounge, offering drinks and select light snacks. One of Mexico's top restaurants is Salammbo, where an innovative ambiance combines with an exquisite range of contemporary international cuisine. To make your business trips to Mexico City remarkable, Grand Fiesta Americana Chapultepec features the elegant and functional "Castillo de Chapultepec" room, which hosts up to 250 people and is accompanied by impeccable service, to take care of every detail. Within the splendor of this already iconic Mexico City hotel, you'll have the chance to work-out at the fully-equipped gym or find a state relaxation and beauty that's only available at the stylish, elegant and comfortable hotel spa. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotels.com, Expedia, Orbitz, Cheap Tickets, Priceline, Travelocity, TripOnline SA, Hotwire, Cancelon, getaroom.com and HotelQuickly so you can book your Grand Fiesta Americana Chapultepec reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Fiesta Americana Grand Chapultepec Hotel Mexico City
- Fiesta Americana Mexico City
- Mexico City Fiesta Americana
- Grand Fiesta Americana Chapultepec Mexico City