I stayed here with a friend as a part of a tour. We paid premium prices to be able to stay at better hotels.
Location: Was average. It wasn't really walking distance to anything. It's reasonably close to Polanco, but you're better off catching a taxi. The zocalo / Centre of the city is a 20 min taxi ride. There are no eateries closeby either, however it is across the park which houses the anthropological museum.
Amenities and rooms were decent. Clean, lavish in that traditional discreet way. There were plenty of staff available, but not really friendly, or understandable if you don't speak Spanish.
The problems I ran into were:
1) we were told when checking in that our room included continental breakfast. First day, we ask and eat only the limited continental breakfast without problem. Next morning, same thing, but this time we receive a bill. We told them at we were informed at check in that it was included so a manager was sent to us and insisted she checked the computer and we definitely had no breakfast included and insisted we sign the bill. This annoyed me no end as I literally only had one bite of toast as I had an upset stomach. The next day we ordered room service for breakfast and decided to approach another manager about the situation. He looked up the computer and said yes, your room includes cont breakfast. So we ended up paying the third days breakfast for nothing. However the part which annoyed me was that the lady the day before had argued to us about it, and couldn't care less that the checkin guy told us differing info.
2) I noticed when I checked out of the hotel and was in the next city that my prescription glasses were missing. I called the hotel and they said no, we don't have them. But I'm 100% certain they were left in the hotel as I only wear them at night. No responsibility taken.
3) lastly, I had a charge on my credit card for the breakfast which I signed for upon checkout. However a week later another charge that was unauthorized was put on my credit card for $45AUD. When I called, again they pleaded ignorance and were unhelpful.
It should be noted, there were a couple of nice hotel staff, incl the manager and food staff
In summary, there are better hotels with better locations. It was nice, clean and well decorated. But with all the problems i had, I'm sure you can do better.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- When traveling to Mexico City, plan for an exclusive experience, surrounded by the Chapultepec Forest, one of the most beautiful spots in the city, and a stone's throw away from important business, shopping and entertainment centers. Stay at the Grand Fiesta Americana Chapultepec, one of the most beautiful hotels in Mexico, and make your trip an unforgettable experience that is as distinguished as you are. The innovative and elegant architecture of the hotel sets it apart in the city. A view of the Castle of Chapultepec can be seen from most of the 203 rooms and suites, making it impossible to forget that you are immersed in a city that is full of history and enchantment. It is a place where you can unwind in style, comfort, elegance and exclusivity. If you're seeking an enjoyable business trip to Mexico City, we offer three executive Grand Club floors, featuring excellent personalized customer service, private check-in, european breakfast and outstanding service at the exclusive Executive Lounge, offering drinks and select light snacks. One of Mexico's top restaurants is Salammbo, where an innovative ambiance combines with an exquisite range of contemporary international cuisine. To make your business trips to Mexico City remarkable, Grand Fiesta Americana Chapultepec features the elegant and functional "Castillo de Chapultepec" room, which hosts up to 250 people and is accompanied by impeccable service, to take care of every detail. Within the splendor of this already iconic Mexico City hotel, you'll have the chance to work-out at the fully-equipped gym or find a state relaxation and beauty that's only available at the stylish, elegant and comfortable hotel spa. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Hotels.com, Booking.com, Cheap Tickets, Travelocity, Orbitz, TripOnline SA, Hotwire, Cancelon, HotelQuickly and getaroom.com so you can book your Grand Fiesta Americana Chapultepec reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Fiesta Americana Grand Chapultepec Hotel Mexico City
- Fiesta Americana Mexico City
- Mexico City Fiesta Americana
- Grand Fiesta Americana Chapultepec Mexico City