1,339 results
All reviews covered walkway airport terminal an early morning flight mex airport free shuttle hotel lobby stayed one night convenient location skybridge convenience stopover gym
Reviewed August 19, 2016

The location of this hotel is amazing. There's a bridge from Gate 4 directly to the hotel, which makes getting to 6am flights a little less terrible, and the location also opens up dining options to everything the airport has to offer (which in the case of the Mexico City airport, is actually a lot of dinning options- from fast food to fine dining).

The rooms are not too big and they're a bit outdated, but the bed and pillows are comfortable, the room is very clean, and the toiletries are good. The only thing I really dislike about the room is that the shower pressure is terrible.

The worst part of this hotel BY FAR is the service. In the last 5 times I've stayed, I literally have a story per stay of just awful customer service, including but not limited to: having to write a letter to get a credit back on my card when they mistakingly overcharged me (I asked for the credit at the hotel and told me I had to write in, even though they had just charged me a few hours before), asking to speak to a manger, being told he's busy, and then realizing he's the guy standing in the corner chatting to another employee, waiting 20+ minutes to check out with a "factura"/invoice...

Uusually location and a comfortable bed are my priority, but after so many bad experiences, I think i'll branch out a bit on my next trip.

Date of stay: July 2016
Ricardo C, Director General at Camino Real Aeropuerto, responded to this reviewResponded September 5, 2016

We will check this

Have agreat day

Reviewed August 17, 2016

I stayed at the Camino Real when I arrived to Mexico at midnight and again the night before I returned home on an early morning flight. Both nights I had a lovely hotel room with comfortable beds and a beautiful bathroom. The floors in the hallway are a little worse for wear but the rooms themselves are in excellent condition. The rooms were very quiet, I just found the air conditioner to be a little loud the first time I stayed there. The breakfast buffet is absolutely delicious.

• Trip type: Traveled as a couple

Thanks very much for your comment

Have a great day

Reviewed August 14, 2016

The room was great and there was no noise problem, all the rooms and hallways are always clean. The gym has great little details such as complimentary headphones and waters although I wish they had free weights. The staff was always attentive to our needs we met some that especially stood out such as Saul the bell boy, Carlos a driver and Monica they took very good care of us and paid close attention to details. This really is a good place and very much worth it's price

• Trip type: Traveled with family

Good Day

Thanks very much for your coment

Have a great day

Reviewed August 11, 2016 via mobile

Arriving late in Mexico Coty can be daunting if on your own and for the first time. I chose Camino Real Aeropuerto as it is advertised as close to the airport. In fact it is across a covered walkway easily accessed from within the airport and only a short walk through the airport shopping complex from arrivals and departures. Hilton also here but much more expensive. All the airline people seemed to be staying here, helpful super friendly staff and lovely well dressed and supplied room, very quiet given location.
Good to know - if you are staying in the hotel, going elsewhere but returning the hotel will hold your luggage FREE until you return, if you only need to take an overnighter bag.
My only complaints
1. My phone didn't work and I needed room service to order food. Went to front desk and ordered food reported phone broken. Great - food arrived promptly. Not so great - House Keeping knocked on my door and woke me an hour later (11pm after a long flight) to change phone.
2. I returned after 9 days and after a harrowing flight arrived at the lobby to find a line up of mass proportions. There was a staff member running along the line but only spoke Spanish and it wasn't until I'd stood for half an hour a person in the line told me they were from a cancelled flight and the airline was booking them in. I skipped up to the front to find pre-booked didn't need to wait in line. I think a notice on the front desk or a multi- lingual announcement might have shirt circuited this unnecessary wait. It is an International hotel after all.
There is of course lots of taxis available but the overground rail and bus services are right there too.
Very good jump off hotel to get your self situated. Just wheeled my bags from airline counter to lobby. Recommend it.

Trip type: Traveled solo
Ricardo C, Director General at Camino Real Aeropuerto, responded to this reviewResponded September 6, 2016

Good Day

Thanks very much for your comment

Have a great day!

Reviewed August 10, 2016

We stayed here during a layover in Mexico City airport. The best part about the hotel is that it is adjacent to Terminal 1 (walking distance) and a short 15 min shuttle to Terminal 2 (where Aeromexico is).

There are 3 restaurants downstairs, so there is good food selection, though it is pretty standard hotel food. The lobby is very pretty and the service is very good!

The room was clean, but it had a musty smell that we think was coming from the AC (though it lingered even when we turned off the AC unit). The carpet in our room needed replacing and there were places were the plaster on the walls was a bit run down. The bed was comfortable.

Room tip: We were on a room facing the airport runway, but we were not disturbed by noise
  • Trip type: Traveled on business
Ricardo C, Director General at Camino Real Aeropuerto, responded to this reviewResponded August 11, 2016

Thanks very much for your comments

have a great day