“Don't bother,Unless you have a really flight” 3 of 5 bubbles
Review of Camino Real Aeropuerto

Lowest prices for {0} - {1}
Enter dates for lowest prices
We check up to 200+ sites for the lowest hotel prices
Camino Real Aeropuerto
Ranked #100 of 305 Hotels in Mexico City
San Diego, California
“Don't bother,Unless you have a really flight”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 8, 2013

My experience began with a lost reservation by the hotel Staff. In this day and age a reservation made via Expedia or any other internet outlet is pretty much the norm. It took the staff more than 15 minutes to figure out what had happened. When the clerk finally came back she did not even apologize for the inconvenience.
While Hotel if beautiful it feels like an extension of the airport terminal. So unless you have a really early flight, go for some other hotel and don't bother staying here

Room Tip: Bring your own water bottle. they don't provide one and forget about Wi-fi
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled solo
    • 3 of 5 bubbles

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (91)
  • Korean first
Giessen, Germany
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 28, 2013

hotel is reached via an covered overpass (exit 4) from terminal T1. Rooms are ok, not that fancy, everything is there, would be not so bad to do some remodelling. fitneess center is really large, every torture instrument is present, not much traffic there. For getting picked up every day for customer visits it is ideal. To terminal T2 (Aeromexico) every 15 minutes a free shuttle service. Need to plan ca. 20 minutes for the transfer. Breakfast is not that great and not included.

Australia
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 22, 2013

It seems that all the airport hotels in Mexico city are REALLY expensive, however we managed to get a deal through hotels.com for Camino Real for $115 USD + taxes. It seems the Camio Real website does not offer last minute deals as it was listing rooms at over 190USD + tax.

This place is not worth paying full price, the room was nice, clean and comfortable but if you paid full price you'll feel a bit ripped off as it's just not worth that much. We had to wait a long time to check in, the service at the counters was slow and not very friendly. We told the guy we had a king bed booked through hotels.com and he told us that we have two double beds and hotels.com beds choices are 'requests only'. The change in bed size is not a problem but he made it seem like our fault we didn't already know this.

The other thing that bugs me is you have to pay for the internet and is limited by time/download and seems very expensive. Considering the price of the rooms this is ridiculous. I have stayed at CityExpress hotels in Mexico for around $80USD and they all have free fast wifi.

However that said I would stay in this hotel again if I can get a good price, it is literally across the road from Terminal 1 so is perfect for a morning flight.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank f44444444f
texas
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 15, 2013

We booked here with some trepidation considering the majority of very negative comments recently, but it was the most reasonable choice actually connected to the airport for a short one night stopover, the room was prepaid. After a long flight from Europe, i was wondering what sort of hassle i was in for before we could unpack and get some rest. Surprisingly, we arrived in the lobby and didn't have to wait at all, our prepaid booking was in order, and we were whisked upstairs to our room, only to find dirty towels on the floor in both the room and bathroom; obviously someone hadn't finished the cleanup job. However, the bellman was back in a couple of minutes with the key card to the room next to it, which was clean.

Now, this hotel has had several names, including Marriott a few years back and something else before. It is certainly not a new hotel, and the age does show in carpet conditions in the common areas, and the dated furnishings in the room. But i really can't complain about our room, perhaps it was one of the "renovated" ones, with a reasonably good sized flat screen TV. The bathroom was OK, towels a bit worn and rough, but excellent water pressure and temperature in the shower.

When we went down the next morning, our checkout was handled quickly; again, no lines, but it was rather early, about 8:00 AM. In Mexico you always have to be sure to retrieve the credit card voucher you are asked to sign on arrival, even if you don't owe anything... extra charges have been known to surface later if you don't. We did see longer lines checking in later in the evening after we arrived, and i don't doubt that things can get crowded at peak arrival times, but we didn't have that experience.

Besides the regular hotel restaurant, there is a La Mansion steakhouse downstairs and one other one, where we have dined a number of times. neither is the greatest but reasonably good food, with typical mexico city prices. I should add that there is a much greater selection of restaurants inside the airport than before, including a food court.

in summary, i wouldn't be afraid to stay here again. just don't expect luxury or anything special, and if there is a problem, be patient until it is solved.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
Bogotá, Cundinamarca, Colombia
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 11, 2013

Having visited - work related - literally all capitals of all countries in Latin America and normally enjoying the service of the hotels where I stay, the Camino Real Hotel located next to the international airport of Mexico D.F. stands out, unfortunately in a negative way. I already stayed there in this hotel several times since it's handy for business people with a busy travel schedule to have your hotel next to the aiport in a city where traffic is hectic. But that's the only reason why I stayed in this Camino Real hotel. The employees at the reception desk aren't friendly nor professional (due to a high people turnover? as I notice) requests to help you resolving issues which in the first place shouldn't be an issue (eg. failing wifi, locked minibar, ...) remain unanswered, simple topics like printing your invoice when checking out, opening a voucher for the other hotel consumptions you might have (eg. breakfast, ...) etc. several times are problematic. . Now, at my most recent stay at this hotel, the have gone to far by charging 14MXN (1USD) (!) for 1 sheet of paper to print my boarding pass for the next flight and 6MXN (0.5USD) (!) for using a computer exactly 1 minute (their official rate per minute) to print out this boarding pass and this while already paying 256MXN (20USD) to use the wifi network in my room. This is more than exagerating, this is abuse and milking your customer to the last penny, while at the same time offering a bad service. For my next visit I definitely will look for another hotel, even if this means I have to spend more time and money. Too much is simply too much!

1 Thank Filip O
Chicago, Illinois
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 8, 2013

Unless you really must have the convenience of being across the street from the airport, you'll probably want to look elsewhere. Any luster of the once-luxurious Camino Real brand has long since been worn off. I booked here because I had forgotten there is a hotel right in the airport. On arrival I saw a long line of people who I thought were waiting to check out. Fortunately, I ignored it and walked right up to an available staff person at the front desk. The long line (I'm talking going all the way to the back of the lobby and around the corner) was people waiting to check in due to a cancelled Iberia flight. Upon finishing my mediocre and expensive lunch, I found I had not been properly checked in so I was forced to return to the front desk to "open an account" so I could charge things to my room. Restaurant staff were as helpful as they could be under the circumstances. I went back to my room to freshen up and discovered that not only are the hallway carpets and walls threadbare and cracked respectively, the bathtub was terrible. The rooms manager (the one who checked me in wrong) apologized and said "Oh, I know about that room." She immediately upgraded me and my mother-in-law, who was arriving later, to an "executive floor" room with the cocktail, snacks and continental breakfast perks. Nice, but the poor experience kept on giving. Wifi (at $20/day) unreliable, and to get a refund I had to return the little slip of paper with the code on it; after a complaint the business center sent someone to my room to pick it up. At dinner with my mother in law, we were seated immediately but no waiter came until I complained to someone in a suit, who did take our drink order. Likewise, a mediocre and expensive buffet dinner. In the club room for breakfast the following morning, a similar story -- four people apparently assigned to work there, but only one actually serving guests, and he had to be tracked down to bring coffee. The complementary continental breakfast was comparable to a Motel 6, but without the waffle-maker. The bright side of the stay was a cheerful "botón¨ (bellman) who helped us to the airport to the airport. In fairness I have to acknowledge that the manager of rooms was genuinely apologetic for the state of the hotel; she is probably powerless to affect decisions being made elsewhere to rent out rooms that any decent hotel would block, rather than turn away a paying guest. This may be a paying strategy, because most people who use this hotel probably would not be repeat visitors anyway. But in my case, with reason to travel to or through MEX a few times a year, I certainly won't be returning.

Room Tip: Insist on a "renovated room," ask for an upgrade if they can't give you one. Be wary...
Paris, France
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 19, 2013

Bad service: The staff was rude, simply that.
I prepaid my room online. After waiting a long time the girl at the front desk, don't smile, take my passport and after typing stuff, give me a key. I ask where are the elevator she tells me over there on the left. When actually my room was in a new building. After finally finding my room and I had no internet. I come back downstairs and ask the front desk. Another rude guy, tells me "you have to pay". I am like ok, no problem but I can t even have access. He sent me to the concierge who sent me back to my room and tells me to call an external company and when I finally solve the problem the signal was very poor (one hour running around). Not easy when you are there for work and NEED internet.
Bad information: I wake up and ask info to take my united flight, Another person at the front desk, answer as rude as the other one. Over there she tells me.
OK room- the room was clean and quiet.
Will stay there only if I really need too.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled on business