“For stays between connections”

Camino Real Aeropuerto
Ranked #100 of 306 Hotels in Mexico City
vancouver
“For stays between connections”
Reviewed November 25, 2012

This is a great hotel for stays between connections. The restaurants are great based on price, of the two stays I had I ate pizza, carnitas, and organic Cornish game hen. All were perfect. The hotel was very convenient to terminal 1(which itself is a nightmare), I paid 70 dollars per night which seemed about right for the convenience. The room was clean, quiet and well appointed for a budget motel. The only downside was outside the room, it seems like this is a very poorly constructed building, ramps in weird places elevators in inconvenient places. The staff was pleasant and knowledgeable. 20 dollars for Internet acces seemed excessive.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled solo

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (92)
  • Korean first
Villahermosa, Mexico
Reviewed November 23, 2012

You don´t need to go outside to reach the hotel. Is the most safe way to get room when you arrive to Mexico City. If you need a nigth stay for conection this hotel is the best option in Termiinal 1. In Terminal 2 there are another option but both are joined by internal train. If your next fly will be in dificult hours and you want to visit Mexico City this hotel is very good option too because the Metro Station (Underground) is about 400 yards walking mainly inside of airport public area. 100 yards outside with many people walking and police presence. By "Metro" you can get de Downtown in 20 minutes. By surface you need 60 minutes, and in dificult hours can be two hours. The hotel service es very good. Two bad things !! Check is slowly, park fee is so expensive to Mexico City.

Room Tip: All rooms are the same.
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled with family
1 Thank Paseador_11
Tel Aviv, Israel
Reviewed November 17, 2012

I was there only for a night because I had a flight at 5AM.
The room is small but vary nice and clean. the staff are vary nice and helpful and the location is great.
but... It took me around 30 minutes to get serviced because when I arrive, there around 15 people waiting in line.
The way from the reception to the elevator is far far too long.
Botton line- It's quite nice for an overnight staying.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled on business
Haleiwa, Hawaii
Reviewed November 12, 2012 via mobile

I had an overnight layover in Mexico City and since I hadn't been to Mexico in years, I felt too intimidated to leave things to chance by venturing into the city. I did not want to miss my connection to Acapulco for ANY reason and this Hotel is AT the airport - you walk right to it!!! Very classy - they even give you hotel slippers which I of course took with me.

• Stayed November 2012
1 Thank TravelIndustryPro
weston-s-mare
Reviewed November 6, 2012

i stayed here a few times, first was during the flu outbreak in 2009 or whenever it was, this is a great location right opposite the airport which was perfect for me as i was only looking for a stopover hotel and to spend an evening with someone i knew locally, i had dinner in the hotel too which was not bad and the sweet was amazing! the hotel is a little larger than i like and getting around it was a bit of a trek (although i was totally smashed so that didnt help), the room was clean and i slept really well for the 3 or so hours i had before i needed to be up for a flight to bogota, the bathroom was nice too, very spacious.all in all it is good value and a good location if you are just passing through the city

• Stayed January 2012, traveled solo
Chihuahua
Reviewed November 3, 2012 via mobile

This is the typical example of a hotel where you just want to spend the night and be on your way. And for that, it accomplish its' function. Located just across the street in Mexico City Terminal 1, I would recommend better the NH or the Hilton, that even smaller rooms and overprice has an excellent service and cleanliness.
I found some hairs in the tub, and a pile of dishes outside the door of my room, made me a hard way getting inside with all my luggage. But the room are cozy, and bed comfortable. And for the 4 hrs I could be there to catch the next plane, it served me well.

• Stayed October 2012
Louisville
Reviewed October 30, 2012

We stayed one night at Camino Real Aeropuerto. The lobby looked comfortable. Check in was problematic. We showed our confirmation on our smart phone. When we checked out, it turns out we were never actually checked in!

Our room was located in the far reaches of the hotel. The hallway was very dimly lit. Our room was clean and comfortable. The bed was very comfortable.

There are three restaurants: Mexican, international, and a steak house. We ate at the international restaurant. The food was average. Breakfast is a buffet and is included.

WiFi is available. however, we were so far from the reception, we could not access any signal. We had to walk to the lobby area to get a signal.

The best thing about the hotel is its location. We simply rolled our suitcases into the airport from the lobby!

• Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple