WINNER WONDERLAND

Review of Condesa Amatlan 84

Condesa Amatlan 84
Ranked #14 of 130 Mexico City B&B and Inns
Mexico City, Mexico
“excellent for b&b lovers”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 23, 2012

I am writing my review after spending 5 days in Amatlán 84.
This is my second trip to Mexico DF and it has consolidate my love to this city and its people. I am sure that the fact of living in Condesa has played a positive role on this, to me this is a magical place! Nevertheless, I am also aware that this is not for every kind of traveller.
The first question one faces when looking accommodation in Mexico City is where? If you are looking for a real hotel with all amenities and standardized service you better go to Polanco. If you don't mind traveling for hours to get to the city center but want to have a taste of the history, maybe you should consider Coyoacan. But I you want to meet people and try a different restaurant every time Condesa this is the place for you!
Since we were short of time we wanted to have breakfast included and here they don't offer this service, this was my last option. Fortunately all other B&B (by the way, in Condesa there are no real hotels!) were busy so we made a reservation here with low expectations. I was happy of having a reservation without any kind of payment in advance but I was really delighted that they made no problem about our late check in (many B&B are quite complicated about it). In fact, we got around 11 pm and were welcomed by a smiling guy. The room matched exactly the pictures on their web and although the bathroom was tiny there was enough room for our luggage. The bed has french size, no king size but the linens are fine. The owner offered us to change the room but I preferred to keep my lovely balcony on the street side.
The whole house is spotless clean. The service is impeccable: safe, friendly and always ready to help you on every way. Alicia, the owner is mostly around and she is a cleaning freak! She has been a friend and a manager for me on these days. She is very friendly and funny although her English is not perfect.
The lack of breakfast was at the end a great opportunity to explore the places around. Why to limit your breakfast to regular hotel options when you are in country with a world famous kitchen? Living in Condesa offers you the opportunity of trying different options but if you get sick of eating tacos or you are short of time you can buy a cereal (I recommend the granola) and a bottle of milk and have a coffee in your room. Upstairs you have a cozy lobby with a microwave and a fridge to prepare and store your breakfast.
This was our last option and now I am glad we stayed here. We would definitely comeback and recommend this accommodation to our friends.

Room Tip: If you are big and/or are a light sleeper I would recommend you not to take the suite 6. The bathroo...
  • Stayed February 2012, traveled on business
      Location
      Sleep Quality
      Rooms
      Cleanliness
6 Thank maltinpolar

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (5)
Puerto Escondido, Mexico
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 22, 2012

Six rooms. Great location, quiet street, modern and comfortable, common area microwave and fridge, all the hot water you want, helpful and friendly staff. Priced right. So, what's not to like? No desk. No real outdoor lounging space, but its easy enough to lounge and write at one of the many area cafes. We had a very good stay.

• Stayed January 2012, traveled with friends