“WOW!” 5 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #39 of 305 Hotels in Mexico City
Winnipeg, Canada
“WOW!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 8, 2013

Booked this for a business trip and I was very surprised at how nice it was! My room was like a little condo! The hotel is located on a one way street that can be very difficult to find. I was very lucky to be traveling with someone who spoke Spanish; and we found it ok. Even with the Spanish speaking person the cab driver was lost for a while. The key turned out to be the Scotia Bank building in Polenco....if you can get there you are close!

I really enjoyed my stay! The gym was nice and the staff friendly.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled on business
    • 4 of 5 bubbles

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (17)
Rio de Janeiro, RJ
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 15, 2013 via mobile

I stayed there for 1 week for business and spent te weekend for city view. Location is great, room is big and comfortable but service room is terrible. They don't clean the bathroom at all!!! I could not believe it...

• Stayed May 2013
Houston, Texas
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 18, 2013

I travel to Mexico City and stay in the Polanco area two weeks each month, so I know most of the area hotels very well. Las Suites is currently my hotel of choice, mostly for the value that it represents. The other Polanco hotels in the same class generally charge about $50+ more per night, so when you travel there as much as I do, the extra charges really add up.

The good things about Las Suites are the following:
1. The room. It is large, very comfortably appointed with a mini kitchen. No tub, which I miss, but a huge shower.
2. The value. As stated above.
3. Continental breakfast is included. Nothing special, but free.
4. The staff is friendly.
5. Wireless internet is included. It can be slow and glitchy, but this can be the case anywhere in Mexico.
6. The rooftop pool is quiet and good for doing laps.
7. The location is very good (except for the noise if you are in a room on the Periferico side).

The negatives:
1. They are doing construction on the Periferico. If you are in a room on the Periferico side the noise is UNBELIEVABLE. I cannot overstate the amount of noise. They give you ear plugs when you check into one of those rooms. When you make reservations, specifically ask for a room away from the Periferico, preferably in Torre 1.
2. Room service quality is mediocre. There are a lot of reasonably priced restaurants in walking distance. The Winston Churchill is a higher priced restaurant 1/2 block away, with pretty good food. There is an Indian restaurant 2 blooks away with terrific food. In any event, do yourself a favor and eat dinner somewhere else.
3. It is a small hotel. Don't expect big hotel services.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
1 Thank Coralyn G
Mexico City, Mexico
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 2, 2012 via mobile

The place itself is AMAZING! There were some details about the service. When I got to my room I realized that one of the shampoo bottles was opened and almost empty... Don't know if they didn't notice when cleaning the room or (hopefuly not) a member from the staff took a shower while the room was empty. Anyway... I reported the situation at the front desk and they sent more shampoo but left the open bottle where it was. Other detail I didn't like at all is that the maif just came into the room even when we where granted late check out... My girlfriend and I were sleeping and she came in... Not nice!!.
Besides this inconveniences... I liked the place... The staff is friendly and helpful and you do feel as if you where at home. They have a small electric stove, regular size fridge, china and basic glassware as well as meat knifes available at no extra cost.

• Stayed November 2012
Tegucigalpa, Honduras
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 24, 2012

This hotel caught me by surprise and really liked the special feel of it in service and looks. From the outside is tells you it´s going to be different and exciting, and when you get in you will not be disappointed. This hotel has soul and character. It is a small, practical hotel but with that special feel that makes it stand out from the typical cookie cutter brands. The rooms are more apartments than anything else and designed for long stays. The only big complaint is the amount of noise from the Periferico road. If you book this hotel please request a room away from that road.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled on business
curitiba
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 13, 2012

hotel was good, location very good, easy to get around. walking distance to very nice restaurants, bars and shops. a very good point of the hotel was the driver the hotel indicated, Sr. Ricardo, who was great and drove us around everywhere we had or wanted to go. So, in general, the hotel was really good, but the very down point had been the the receptionists. No one was ever ready to help, to answer questions or even to give valuable information when needed. Sincerely, I think people on the front desk need not only more training, but also willingness to help. I would stay there again, but with no expectations from the front desk.

• Stayed March 2012, traveled as a couple
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 27, 2012

This is not a hotel. Its big nice NOISY rooms but that's it.
I arrive late at night, starving but nothing to eat . No room service of any kind at late night.
I got the room it was nice, I went to sleep and suddenly at 06:00 wake up with triable noise. Apparatus they give me room just on very busy street. No any isolation. I asked for another room and the receptionist say they are fully booked , so I told her I want to chk out then she find me a room.

The rooms no have slippers, toothbrush or even tea bag. Not to mention other useful things.

Breakfast is poor. I went to eat around 8:30 and the guy before me got a kroason, I asked if have more but they say no. Same thing the day after.

Most of staff don't speak English. Only the reception.

Wi fi not working when I arrive, need to wait an hour to restart their modem.

I booked massage, I got a huge lady that also can't speak English. Very bad massage. Don't do it.

Last thing when I chk out they charge me 100 Usd more and only after I showed them my booking reservation they "gave me discount". Very rude.

• Stayed March 2012