“Buenisimo”

Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Lunch, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Dining
Neighborhood: Polanco
Reviewed June 5, 2013 via mobile

Great Service, very good Tacos excellent shrimp, great taste and presentation of dishes, artichoke was the best
Superb desserts

3  Thank Shragaus

Reviewed April 17, 2013

I went here on a date with my wife a few weeks ago. I have to say I was disappointed. We ordered frozen margaritas using mezcal instead of tequila recommended to us by the waiter. My wife's was fine but in mine they had not properly ground the ice so it melted into an unappetizing consistency. I asked for another and got a shrug but they did comp me one that was well made, but I would prefer that they do it right in the first place at 100 pesos/cocktail. I ordered tamarind stuffed arrachera. When I ordered, I said I would like the arrachera with the tamarind. I received something that looked different, with a tamarind sauce on the side, that looked like it came from a comida corrida place on the street. I started to eat it though, waiting to get to the part of the cut of beef that had the tamarinds in it. There was none. When I pointed this out to the waiter, he explained that a lot of customers order things that are not on the menu and that, despite that the menu does not state this and there is only one dish on the menu that involves arrachera and tamarind, that he assumed that was what I was doing. He then said that what I ordered was also on the menu. When we grabbed a menu and showed him that it wasn't, he continued with the farce and even brought over another waiter to continue the chorus of lies. All i wanted was an apology, which I didn't get until we left the restaurant. Upon leaving, we were greeted by several other patrons who had been waiting up to twenty minutes for their car from the valet. In the time it took me to get my car I smoked two cigarettes, about 20 minutes. Then the valet lied to me to overcharge me for the service. I know they are third parties but this valet serves Dulcinea and Dulcinea alone, and they have to be responsible for the complete experience of their customers, especially given the prices they charge. In the end, it is not that great and I will not be returning. Better to cross the street and go to Dulce Patria, a much better choice in terms of food and service.

Reviewed March 31, 2013

Went here for brunch and loved the cute indoor/outdoor spaces. Had the best pan dulce (sweet bread) that was warmed up for us. Our green juice was delicious and balanced our esting that sweet, yummy bread!
My omelette with asparagus, zucchini blossoms, mushrooms and goat cheese was flavorful and my daughter's huevos rancheros were truly a work of art!
When she had to take an important call and stepped outside, the staff noticed and offered to take her plate to the kitchen to keep it warm! There is a lot of care taken to both the food preparations and the service.
I highly recommend a stop here to enjoy a meal or a drink as you watch the locals go about their day.

2  Thank goodcleanyum
Reviewed March 22, 2013

This is a very happening place right now. As mentioned either go early or reserve for peak times. It says "cocina urbana", which is a good description. On an earlier visit the owner/chef came out and introduced herself saying she had spent time in the U.S. and was doing traditional Mexican food with an international outlook, which is becoming quite popular. The servers are all very cool people, and ours was friendly and sort of fun to have looking after us.

The menu is really dominated by the starters; I think it would be hard to go wrong with any of them, and they are all good for sharing so a light meal can be done this way. Of the soups our server recommended the mushroom (hongos) and was he right. It was outstanding. The menu then starts to taper off, with some pastas (ours with 4 cheeses was good but not memorable) and several steaks as the main course, done with different sauces. Once we were told about nightly specials, but not on subsequent visits, so not sure about that but maybe worth asking. Wine list small and somewhat pricey.

You can peer into the tiny kitchen, where people were working hard to keep the patrons coming back. We were there with a 10 year old and while there was no problem in her being there it really is oriented to adults.

2  Thank Dan B
Reviewed January 14, 2013

I was meeting a friend here for lunch. I ended up being late because I did not realize that while the address (where I pulled it from) said Masaryk, the restaurant actually sits back a little ways. Something to note if you're looking for it. It's on the other side of the street from the gigantic Movistar store.

This small restaurant serves up delicious Mexican cuisine. They take average dishes like tacos and soup and elevate the taste and presentation. I had the chicken tacos (pollo) and my friend had the avacado soup. We both cleaned our plates. The service was wonderful. There are tables inside and out and the interior is adorably decorated. Like all restaurants located in Polanquito, Dulcinea is just a short walk from the very popular hotel district and Lincoln Park.

1  Thank OrangeMarigolds