Fiesta Inn Insurgentes Sur
$159
$141
Agoda.com
  • Restaurant
All reviewsbusiness hotelbusiness tripfaux woodlarge walk in showersouthern partstarbucks coffeevery clean hotelgreat hotelhotel lobbyrestaurants within walking distanceplenty of hot waterbreakfast was excellentmexican dishesspacious roomroom servicewifisaks
Reviewed July 8, 2014

Good Points
Spotlessly clean rooms and very comfortable beds
Wifi connection in my room very good
Huge shower
Bad Points
Virtually no soundproofing in bedrooms .. can hear EVERYTHING going on around. Hardly got one nights good sleep.
Restaurant not the best but lots of nice places not too far away and Starbucks right next to lobby is great.
Horrible energy saving bulbs in the bathroom and shower. vey dingy and dreary ! At least use Halogen bulbs in these areas !

Room Tip: Not sure if there are quieter rooms but those opposite the gym 116 and 117 must be very noisy.
  • Stayed: July 2014, traveled on business
2  Thank Composer62
Emmanuel P, Director General at Fiesta Inn Insurgentes Sur, responded to this reviewResponded July 23, 2014

Dear Mr. Composer 62,

Thank you very much for your comments about bed, shower and WIFI connection.
We are truly sorry to know that you stay with us wasn't 100% satisfying. And we are taking note of your comments to improve in the near future.

Best Regards

Reviewed May 24, 2014

I stayed at the hotel for 10 nights. Location is decent and feels safe. Hotel is very clean and rooms are spacious. This is definitely a western-style hotel and has all the amenities. There is great space to work in the lobby but it does get pretty loud. Internet is pretty slow but decent to send emails and do basic surfing. Workout room is small but was surprised they actually had one. Although not near "touristy" areas, cabs are pretty cheap so not a big deal.

• Stayed: January 2014, traveled on business
Emmanuel P, Gerente at Fiesta Inn Insurgentes Sur, responded to this reviewResponded May 26, 2014

Dear Caxap01,

We are glad to read your comments in the TripAdvisor site, and regarding the wifi service we are working to improve this service and in June you will notice the benefits of it.

We hope to see you soon in the future.

Best Regards!

Reviewed May 12, 2014

I stayed two nights on a recent business trip. The hotel was clean and comfortable, with great beds and a large shower and bathroom. Internet was free and fast and the breakfast was fantastic, including a chef on hand to cook custom omelets. Overall, I was very satisfied with this hotel and will stay here again.

• Stayed: May 2014, traveled on business
Review collected in partnership with this hotel
Emmanuel P, Gerente at Fiesta Inn Insurgentes Sur, responded to this reviewResponded May 13, 2014

Dear Mr. Carl C,

We appreciate the time taken to leave your comments at the TripAdvisor site, we are glad to read that your stay was fully enjoyable and we hope to have the opportunity of see you soon in Mexico City.

Best Regards from all the Fiesta Inn staff.

Reviewed May 5, 2014

I stayed at the hotel for 5 days. The location is good and the staff are helpful.
However, the service is slow. There was a problem with my intercom and I called the front desk but they never showed up inspite of several calls. The breakfast is OK but not much of a choice. Even for the laundry we need to follow up and check if its ready. Not bad and I guess they could certainly improve on the food and service.

• Stayed: March 2014, traveled on business
1  Thank RuchiraJackson
Emmanuel P, Gerente at Fiesta Inn Insurgentes Sur, responded to this reviewResponded May 7, 2014

Dear RuchiraJackson,

We appreciate your comments, thank you for given us the opportunity of receive you in Mexico City.

I am taking note of the details in the response of requeriments and I can asure you than we are already working on the menu options and buffets, hoping if you visit us in June you can see the improve on this service.

Best Regards!

Reviewed March 18, 2014

This hotel is located very near our Mexico City office and we use it for that reason. Here is what I like about the hotel:

• The staff at the front desk speaks English well.
• The breakfast was very good.
• The bathroom in my room was very modern and the shower was large.
• My room was large and equipped with a safe.
• I felt very safe in and around the hotel.

However, for me, there were some issues with the hotel and, while I would stay again because it is a quick walk to the office, I would prefer another hotel:

• It is about 40 minutes away from the historical city center, Reforma or Polanco - the areas that most people probably want to visit.
• The hotel is not really oriented to business travelers. The wifi is terrible – very slow, minimal capacity, and difficult to keep a connection. I couldn’t send email, couldn’t access internet sites, couldn’t upload and download documents, was constantly having to log off and then on again because I kept losing my connection. There also seems to be minimal soundproofing – I could hear everything in the room next door to me, in the hallway – where there seemed to be banging, and outside the hotel.
• While the room was large, it was also “no frills” and just not very comfortable.

I did feel safe in the hotel and did feel that the area is safe. There are certainly restaurants and shopping on Insurgentes Sur. However, when traveling on business, I would prefer additional amenities, comfort and a reliable wifi connection.

• Stayed: March 2014, traveled on business
3  Thank SeeingTheWordFromORD
Emmanuel P, Gerente at Fiesta Inn Insurgentes Sur, responded to this reviewResponded March 25, 2014

Dear Mr. SeeingTheWordFromORD

We appreciate the time taken to answer on the TripAdvisor Site, your comments are very important to us and of course you can be sure that we listen at all you have to say.

I am glad to read that we are a good option on your visits to Mexico City and about the wifi services we are already working on it and hoping in your next stay you can see the difference, we will be glad to hear from you.

Best Regards from all the staff!