“Excellent Food, Wonderful Dining Experience”

Dulce Patria en Las Alcobas
Reserve with OpenTable
Dulce Patria en Las Alcobas is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #15 of 4,441 Restaurants in Mexico City
Cuisines: Mexican
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Private Dining, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Neighborhood: Polanco
Cross street: Presidente Masarik y Emilio Castelar
London
“Excellent Food, Wonderful Dining Experience”
Reviewed September 4, 2012

We wanted to go somewhere special for our wedding anniversary and we weren't disappointed. The food was delicious, unusual, and so well presented.

For starters we had quesadillas and ceviche. My husband loved the ceviche, and I really enjoyed the quesadillas of which there were different sorts and different fillings, all very good. For mains we opted for the duck mole and pork medallions. I really enjoyed the pork, but would have happily swapped for my husbands duck mole as it was so good. Really good portion sizes as well.

There was a waiter who ensured our water glass was constantly topped up with complimentary water, and they brought lovely, fresh bread rolls to each table. They spoke to us in English where possible (the also had English menus).

The actual restaurant was wonderful. It was elegant, and yet still felt somewhat relaxing. We were seated upstairs beside the balcony and it was a fantastic place to be seated.

The service was a touch erratic - for the most part it was excellent, and the waiters were very attentive, but they were very slow to bring us menus, starters, and our drinks order, and when my husband asked for a second bread roll the waiter said it was in the oven, then came over a few minutes later to say it wouldn't be long, and then that was the last we heard of it! But it in no way affected our enjoyment of the food and the evening, and to be fair other waiters were excellent and attentive.

I'd definitely go back, and I'd certainly recommend it.

Phoenix, Arizona
“Outstanding”
Reviewed August 26, 2012 via mobile

One of the best restaurant experiences we've had. Caesar Salad and arugula salad were both off the charts. The sea bass was divine as was the tuna. Custard desert the perfect bow on the package. Service was perfection. Not a thing was left on the table that wasn't needed within moments of it being put down. Complementary sweets at the end of the meal were just a bonus. Highly recommend.

1 Thank LoriLosch
Mexico City
“I know it is very famous but...”
Reviewed August 25, 2012

The food is just correct, but the service...
We were waiting for our main dishes for ages, and not only us. I noticed other tables had the same problem. Some of them said that the food worth the waiting, we did not. The food was OK, but after the long waiting we just wanted to finish.
We saw the place full so may be they cannot deal with that amount of tables, I do not know

• Visited June 2012
2 Thank azb61
Coronado, California
“Authentic Fine Mexican!!”
Reviewed August 23, 2012

I had pink mole for my meal!!! First time i've ever tasted pink mole. I also ordered a salad with chapulines (aka. grass hoppers) See the pic bellow.
All the ingredients, wine and beer are mexican.
Prices are a bit high, but the restaurant is in a really nice location and the service and food are exceptional.

New York
“Everything they say”
Reviewed August 18, 2012

Try a tequila tasting, the national celebratory Chile nogada, the 'tasting menu' of five different molés. An inventive and exciting restaurant, wonderful service, and a terrific evening out.