“Superb tour of D.F.”

Journeys Beyond the Surface Popular Culture Tours
Ranked #2 of 130 Tours in Mexico City
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: More than 3 hours
Owner description: Custom tours in Mexico City, Oaxaca and now IRAN!! Together, we create a private tour to expose you to the many social, political and cultural facets of Mexico City, exploring streets and neighborhoods in a way that is engaging and safe. By the end of the day, you will come away with a deeper and more complex understanding of this city that we love so much.
Reviewed March 25, 2013

Although my wife and I had been to Mexico City several times and felt like we had a pretty good feel for things, we decided to try a day tour with Journeys Beyond the Surface. Wow! We should have done this sooner. The tour was simply fantastic, and Sergio was an excellent guide who not only took us to things we were specifically interested in but also took us to places and experiences we hadn't expected (e.g. Coyoacán market). And setting up the tour with Moshde via email couldn't have been easier.

Reviewed March 10, 2013

We spent two days with Sergio and found him very knowledgeable and very nice. He has a very good use of English and his suggestions for restaurants and places to go proved very good. Moshde was always checking to make sure everything was going smoothly and we were enjoying our time in Mexico City. We would definitely recommend using Journeys Beyond the Surface when you visit Mexico City.

Reviewed March 6, 2013

Moshde – Moshde – how I wish I could clone your company, Journeys Beyond the Surface, in every major city I plan to visit. At almost the last minute, I arranged two days of sightseeing with Alvaro and Sergio. Both guides were superb. However, what was really outstanding was your flexibility and the willingness to go to Plan B when circumstances altered. Due to illness, one tour had to be postponed by a day. No problem for you and you moved the date immediately. Then, my travel companion wanted to alter the itinerary at the last minute. Again, Sergio smoothly suggested alternates and we still had a marvelous day of sightseeing. Thanks to them both, I really saw something of the best of Mexico City in a very abbreviated time period. I plan to return and you will see me again for another round of touring. Mexico City reminds me of my beloved New York. One can never see enough or even hope to do it all.

1  Thank onthego365_9
Reviewed March 5, 2013

We used Journeys Beyond the Surface in and around Mexico City, and could not have anticipated the enriching experience realized in such a short period of time. Guided tours are often not our first choice, as we prefer to explore on our own at our pace. We fortunately encountered no compromises, with all the benefits of a knowledgeable bilingual escort truly focused on our objectives. We found the services indespensable, and strongly recommend others trust a portion of the their precious vacation time to Journeys Beyond the Surface for the best tour experience you will ever have!

Reviewed March 3, 2013

David is a fountain of information. He was liking a walking wikipedia.. I even learned some more japanese. This is the tour for people that hate tours. Excellent (and we'd already been to DF like 3 times prior)