We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

“Experience the hate of the human race”

Museo Memoria y Tolerancia
Book In Advance
More Info
$12.00*
and up
Mexico City Hop-On Hop-Off Tour
Ranked #10 of 538 things to do in Mexico City
Certificate of Excellence
More attraction details
Attraction details
Recommended length of visit: 2-3 hours
Owner description: The Memory and Tolerance Museum delinates -in a didactic manner- the historical memory of the multiple genocides and crimes against humanity. The visit warns the viewer of the danger of difference, discrimination and violence in order to engender responsability, respect and consciousness in each and every person. Contemporary subjects are also presented in order to lead us to reflect on the role we wish to play in our every day lives. Tolerance, diversity, dialogue and empathy force us to see the commitment we all have to humanity. The visitor is invited to be generators of change through social action.
Useful Information: Food available for purchase, Stairs / elevator, Bathroom facilities, Wheelchair access, Stroller parking, Activities for young children, Lockers / storage
Reviewed November 8, 2012 via mobile

This is a place to see, feel and remember the pain of millions of jews and citizens of other countries like Uganda and Bosnia .
We have to remember so we dont forget.
Very impressive.

Thank IvonneDigitalFusion
This review is the subjective opinion of a TripAdvisor member and not of TripAdvisor LLC.
Write a ReviewReviews (1,258)
Traveler rating
Traveler type
Time of year
Language
  • More languages

211 - 215 of 1,258 reviews

Reviewed October 30, 2012

Visiting this museum was very moving. Exploring genocides of the 20th century, it helped me understand the more subtle causes/conditions that lead to such human suffering. Though not a typical kind of attraction to visit while on vacation, I'm glad we took it in. The first part of the museum took us about 2 hours to move through. We paid the 70 pesos extra to have the English audio guide and this was critical to our experience. The tolerance part of the museum doesn't quite have the same coverage with the English audio guide as the memory part though by then, we were getting full anyway. Might be a good attraction to break up into two visits (or six...). We felt like we just scratched the surface of the material covered in about four hours. Heavy but very thought-provoking...

Thank TA L
This review is the subjective opinion of a TripAdvisor member and not of TripAdvisor LLC.
Reviewed October 26, 2012

A must see in DF, due to its historical importance. The museum itself is from the modern type, and demonstrates the violence of human rights, by taking five international examples ( holocoust, rwuanda, exjugoslavia, guatemala, etc.). The museum is displaying several videos, is rich in pictures and stories and includes an old train wagon of WWII. In fact very interesting and worth the money.... Only downside: the holocoust has more or less 70% of the muesum's coverage, while the other countries are all covered together at the other 30%. I would have loved to receive more information about guatemala, ruanda

Thank FsGlobe
This review is the subjective opinion of a TripAdvisor member and not of TripAdvisor LLC.
Reviewed September 22, 2012

Although not your typical idea of a tourist museum, the Museum of Tolerance was a very moving and emotional experience. The majority of the museum focused on The Halocaust, but there were other examples of genocide such as Darfur, Serbia which were also very moving. Would recommend it.

Thank Gbmars
This review is the subjective opinion of a TripAdvisor member and not of TripAdvisor LLC.
Reviewed September 6, 2012

This museum is up to par with other Holocaust museums with the plus that it covers other tragic world wide cases such as Armenia, Darfur and others. Any person with a slight sense of humanity need to visit it!

Thank Pablo M
This review is the subjective opinion of a TripAdvisor member and not of TripAdvisor LLC.

Travelers who viewed Museo Memoria y Tolerancia also viewed

Mexico City, Central Mexico and Gulf Coast
 
Mexico City, Central Mexico and Gulf Coast
Mexico City, Central Mexico and Gulf Coast
 

Been to Museo Memoria y Tolerancia? Share your experiences!

Write a Review Add Photos & Videos

Owners: What's your side of the story?

Own or manage this property? Claim your listing for free to respond to reviews, update your profile and much more.

Claim Your Listing