“The best Argentine Pizza in DF” 5 of 5 stars

Cuisines: Pizza
Dining options: Dinner
Neighborhood: Condesa
Mexico City, Mexico
“The best Argentine Pizza in DF”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 4, 2013

We live a block from Don S. We love their thin-crust pizza. They have 2 for one nights on Pizza and Calzones. Free delivery and miles ahead of the bad pizza from Dominos and Pizza Hut.

Visited April 2013

San Miguel de Allende, Mexico
“a take-away gem!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 26, 2010

I came upon this place by accident.. was spending a couple of days in the city at a borrowed apartment a block away. I went searching for food and when I passed it the first time, thought "Why would I eat pizza in Mexico City?!". I walked around for awhile and by the time I passed it again, I realized I had been thinking about it all the while.. really wanted pizza.
Well, I ordered 2 slices: one prosciiutto, to which I asked them to add arugula, and a second with anchovy and green olive. Years ago, I worked at Al Forno in Providence RI, which is renowned for its thincrust woodoven pizzas.. so I am discriminating. Gabriel Boudin's simple slices did not disappoint.. in fact I felt they hovered close to perfection in their simplicity; a perfectly cracker-crisp thin crust, a thin slathering of sauce and a perfect balance of toppings. He puts great care into what he does in his little space with room for a fridge for drinks, a freezer and his ovens. There is a counter streetside to eat at, and he offers delivery.
If you have a craving for a really nice pizza in MExico City, search Don Segundo out in ROma Norte, just south of Calle Puebla.. ($15-$25 pese/slice, $130p for a calzone)

• 3 of 5 stars