“Perfect Location”

Ranked #9 of 154 Mexico City B&B and Inns
San Diego, California, United States
“Perfect Location”
Reviewed September 5, 2013

We stayed here for four night in the executive room which was a really good size with a decent size bathroom, the breakfast and coffee were excellent , the staff of two were really helpful, the hotel smells like lily’s ,I really can’t say anything negative about this hotel and its location, to us it was just perfect. As far as the location goes there is so many restaurants, bars and cafes all around at walking distance, the hotel is in the Condesa area which is a very trendy and safe part of the city with a bunch of tree lined streets, we will definitely be staying here again for our next Mexico city trip.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with friends
3 Thank Josh216
Homero N, Gerente at Hotel Villa Condesa, responded to this review, October 18, 2013
Dear Guest,

Thank you so much for your glowing review. We would be delighted to see you again and look forward to your next visit.

Sincerley,

Homero and Daisy

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (76)
Brooklyn, New York
Reviewed September 4, 2013

Without a doubt the best boutique hotel I've stayed in anywhere. Friendly and accommodating owners are always ready to help or recommend. Their small kitchen serves up delicious and inventive breakfasts each morning, will pack a lunch to go and put on dinner if you request it. Very central, walking distance to some of the best restaurants, bars and clubs in the city. Beautifully decorated grounds, common spaces and rooms (though our bathroom was quite small) makes it a welcome and safe haven from the city. I can't wait to return and if it were closer to my client's office in DF, I'd stay here for business as well.

Room Tip: Though on a quite side street this is an older building so the floors can be creaky. You might want...
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank 99Chard
Dear Guest,

We deeply appreciate your enthusiastic, articulate comments. We aim to create the kind of experience that you describe, so it pleases us to know that our efforts are appreciated. We hope you return, and if the hotel is far from your clients, please stop by to say hello.

Daisy and Homero
Reviewed August 29, 2013 via mobile

Great, friendly staff and helpful, the Concierge was efficient and helpful - pointed out a couple a great resteraunts and the place was clean and tidy - bed could have been more comfortable and i had a faulty bed side light which was out the whole nine days but these were small issues overall recommended

• Stayed August 2013
SantaTecla, El Salvador
Reviewed August 20, 2013

Villa Condesaand their staff was part of the entretaiment during our vacation. The hotel is a very nice, beautifully decorated, small hotel in the heart of Mexico City. It is perfectly connected to lots of attractions within walking distance or a short taxi drive. Breakfast was great and coming back at the end of the day to have dinner or just a machiato chatting with the staff was the perfect ending of each day. We had the luxury of tasting the menu of the new restaurant of Hotel Villa Condesa and... Don't miss the strawberry-tomato gazpacho; as odd as it sounds it is amazing.

Hotel Villa Condesa was the perfect combination great hotel comfort and feel-at-home sensation.

Room Tip: If traveling with a couple of kids, book in advance because there is only one suite with two queen b...
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
San Diego, California
Reviewed August 8, 2013

I like the 'feel' of this place and as B&Bs go (they're hit or miss), Hotel Villa Condesa hits all the marks. There are a few smaller and a little less expensive B&Bs in the area where you'll put up with some inconveniences due to the price, but the question to me is 'Why?' if you don't have to do so. The rooms are well-appointed with nice linens, towels, safes and a good satellite system and several have private balconies. The public areas are quiet and very nicely done, making Hotel Villa Condesa a great refuge after a long day. Complimentary breakfasts are very good (not continental but a full meal) and the dinners are reasonably priced (along with being excellent). The staff and owners are very customer service oriented. Recently, the owners put some upgrades (glass roofs over balconies, new furniture in the 'lobby', glass walls into the dining area) and are not resting on their laurels. As for location, restaurants, bars, bread shops, pastry shops and wine stores are a short walk away. If you're a light sleeper, request a room that faces the back. We'll be returning in November.

Room Tip: Rear rooms for light sleepers, although rooms facing Colima are a little larger.
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled with friends
1 Thank Boxer1dad
Todos Santos
Reviewed August 8, 2013

What a charming and comfortable inn....Homey, inviting decor reminiscent of US East Coast, with all the white-washed wood touches and antique pieces throughout. The room I had was charming with a private little balcony. My friends had a room in the back, which was probably quieter...since I did hear some traffic from below. Had thunder, lightning and rain one night, and loved keeping the balcony doors open to enjoy it all....while feeling cozy inside.
Breakfast is included and something different offered every day. Complimentary wine at the end of the day as well. The location is ideal for walking around the parks, and there are plenty of really good restaurants close by. Truly a lovely place to stay!

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with friends
Colombo, Sri Lanka
Reviewed August 1, 2013

You see I really did want to like this place, but was never given the opportunity. I had just spent a month in Puerto Escondido and was looking forward to a quiet, relaxing evening in the capital. I booked and paid for a reservation on line through Expedia. Upon my arrival I was told they had overbooked the hotel and did not have a room for me. I was so disappointed. The hotel is beautiful and exactly what I wanted. Instead I was sent down the road to Condesa df, a much difference hotel. Hotel Villa Condesa assured me they would take care of all charges or the price different between hotels. Condessa df slapped on a $400 charge to my credit card "just in case" Villa Condesa did not pay them. Now I am home and wasting my time trying to deal with my credit card company when honestly I have better things to do.

Stayed July 2013, traveled solo
4 Thank telluride360
Dear Sir,

We apologize for the inconvenience and for the discomfort that it caused you. We do our best to give the best possible service, but we work with human beings who occasionally make mistakes. When that happens, we do everything in our power to find a solution that makes the guests happy, so we will in that case accomodate our guests in a similar or better hotel as well as take them to that hotel personally, invite them to breakfast and drinks here for free, and make sure their room at the other hotel is pre paid. For this reason we take on the cost difference of Hotel Condesa DF which is more expensive. This is the first time that we hear of a guest being charged by the other hotel as we pre-paid the difference. We will make that no charge was made to your credit card.

Homero Nava