“Beautiful little hotel in Condesa”

Hotel Villa Condesa
Ranked #10 of 159 Mexico City B&B and Inns
Reviewed April 4, 2012

We originally booked a room at the nearby Condesa DF but then cancelled when we read reviews complaining about the noise. Instead we stayed at the Villa Condesa, and could not have been happier. The hotel is beautiful, tranquil and in a great location. The staff was extremely helpful and attentive. We loved having breakfast in the garden and I would also recommend going for coffee at Cafe Rococo around the corner.

Room Tip: Upstairs rooms are definitely nicer and more private.
  • Stayed: March 2012, traveled as a couple
There are newer reviews for Hotel Villa Condesa

Reviewed April 2, 2012

Villa Condesa is a gorgeous sanctuary in bustling Districto Federal. It is a beautifully appointed home that has been lovingly renovated into a small boutique B&B. It is really well located (on the same block as the pricey and overhyped Condesa DF hotel), smack in the middle of two of Mexico City’s trendiest and hippest hoods: Condesa and Roma. You can walk freely, even alone at night in these areas. And there is a great variety of amazing restaurants, boutiques and bars within walking distance of Villa Condesa’s beautiful blue door.

I was in Mexico City for 8 days, and for the first half of my stay, I was on my own, and stayed in the Cozy room upstairs. This room was perfect for 1 person: the bed was super comfy and it contained everything you would need for your stay. On the second half of my trip when I was joined by a friend, we stayed in a large double room downstairs that was incredibly spacious and well outfitted for the price.

Though I was a bit apprehensive about seeing the city alone, Homero and Daisy, the owners, made me feel so welcome, safe and informed about where to go, what to see, and do. I would see them and other guests at meal times in the restaurant/kitchen area and we would discuss the day’s events, and meet new friends over delicious, home cooked meals from the chef on staff. The personalized service at this hotel is on par with none that I have received anywhere. Raul and Carla, the concierges on staff, were impeccably kind, knowledgeable and efficient at organizing tours, making reservations, arranging taxis and giving me the local scoop. The people I met at Villa Condesa were so engaging and wonderful that I consider them new friends.

On my final day in Mexico City, after I had left Villa Condesa, I had a bit of a health scare at the airport, and had to be rushed to the hospital. I was on my own, and scared. But Carla and Daisy were in constant touch with me, and made sure that I was getting the care I needed. They even followed up with me when I arrived back to NYC to make sure that I had arrived safely and that my health was in order.

Making the choice to stay at Villa Condesa was the defining choice of this trip, and allowed me to make new friends and have an incredibly fulfilling trip in this amazing city. When I return to Mexico City, this is the only place I would consider staying.

• Stayed: March 2012, traveled solo
Reviewed March 18, 2012

Went in midweek in March for one night. The staff are friendly and helpful and the chef prepares beautiful simple breakfasts of fresh fruit and eggs. Amazing coffee. The location is convenient for walking to central areas especially to Chapultepec, about 50 minutes to Zocalo, and 15 to Zona Rosa. A good variety of local restaurants in neighborhood. Our downstairs room by the courtyard was clean but very small. We had paid for a deluxe room and I can hardly believe that was what we had! The regular rooms must be tiny. None of the reading lights worked but fortunately the sconce lights were bright enough. Sound insulation through the doors is non existent. The bathroom was clean and modern. Soaked in a most welcome hot bath after walking miles. I would certainly stay here again - I felt safe and the bed was really comfortable.

Room Tip: Our room overlooking the courtyard was cramped and stuffy. I thought we would have a deluxe room on...
  • Stayed: March 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed March 16, 2012

My husband, I, a Mexican friend, 2 rather grubby sons and daughter in law arrived in the evening after an exhausting day in bustling MC to a lovely welcome at this chic, stylish large home which has been transformed into a boutique hotel. The rooms were comfortable, everything worked, breakfast suited all of us and the owners and management were delightful.

Caroline Wopshott UK Feb 2012

• Stayed: February 2012, traveled with family
2  Thank Wop93
Reviewed February 27, 2012

Just a lovely oasis in Mexico City. Great neighborhood for wandering, eating out etc or for catching the metro to other areas. Roma and Zona Rosa are close by as is Chapultapec. Owners and staff are very friendly and helpful. The rooms are beautiful, clean and comfortable. A quaint stay for anyone exploring this fantastic, diverse and busy city and wants a charming home base centrally located in a clean and park-filled neighborhood.

• Stayed: February 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed February 24, 2012

I spent 2 nights at the Villa Condesa and found the staff to be extremley helpful. The facilities were very clean and the staff most attentive to the needs of their guests. The breakfast was wonderful and on the only morning I could eat breakfast found the fruit platter and croissant most excellent. The star item was 3 cups of the best coffee I've ever had....rich, robust, and 20 times better than the stuff you buy at expensive coffe cafes. They prepare a homemade guava spread that is very tastely.The location is convenient for catching the Touribus and walking to a good number of restaurants within the Condesa. I did not take public transportation but it would have been convenient to do so.

I would have rated the B&B as a 5 circles except for the extremley hard matress and the lack of available ventilation in the room---it became a bit stuffy at night. I was on the ground floor near the courtyard and had a very tiny window in the bathroom that could be opened. Everything worked and there was ample places to store your clothes.

Room Tip: Sit on the bed to test for too much firmness and see if you have a window that can be opened.
  • Stayed: February 2012, traveled solo
1  Thank 1NCfoodie
Reviewed February 22, 2012

General:
We have stayed 2 nights at the Villa Condesa Guesthouse in Mexico City beginning of Feburary 2012 and have not regretted our decision for choosing Villa Condesa.
The Guesthouse is located in one of the better areas of Mexico City, within Walking distance of the Metro and other nice restaurants and bars. The bar of Hotel Condesa right at the corner is well known for having nice cocktails and a great bar.
Rooms
We have booked the deluxe room which was very neat, clean and absolutely OK for the price we have payed. There were explanations on how to log on the wireless internet, how to use the TV etc. ( this is not a standard for Mexico, we found not very much information within the other hotel rooms). Wireless was free by the way.
A minibar was not in the room unfortunately but we found out that this is normal within Mexico.
The bathroom has a modern interio, clean and spacious. Despite of some other reviews, we didn't have any problems with warm and cold water. The shower gel, body lotion, soap was from Bath and Body works (by coincidence one of my favourite brands).
Food/Other
Other visitors of the hotel were partly tourists but mainly business people (english speaking).
Breakfast is served within the courtyard of the hotel, there was a mobile gas heating provided as it was a little bit chilly in the morning. Breakfast was delicious, maybe a little bit too less if you hadn't have the chance to eat a lot the day before (due to late arrival) and we didn't want to ask for more all the time.(you can choose between a Mexican dish in the morning or eggs any style, additionally: bread, jam and fruits)
Payment and Check out were without any complications - all in all a completly satisfying and nice stay - couldn't ask for much more in this price range.

• Stayed: February 2012, traveled as a couple