WINNER WONDERLAND

Review of Hotel Novit

Hotel Novit
Ranked #24 of 307 Hotels in Mexico City
Chicago, Illinois
“Fun Stay in The Heart of Mexico City”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 22, 2013

This hotel met and exceeded my expectations during my stay. I just got back from visiting my wife's family in Mexico City and I had a blast. The city is so much fun and alive. Truly a remarkable experience. First off the hotel is in a great part of town. Very clean and safe so don't worry about that. My wife's cousin dropped us off and we took a hotel taxi back to the airport (About $20 USD) so we didn't get a chance to ride the metro/train or the bus.

The hotel is absolutely gorgeous. The lobby is fresh and inviting and the overall feel of the property is very well done. Our room was outstanding. I didn't think we were going to get good value for our room but we did. We had a king room and the bed was luxurious. The view was meh but who cares. The bathroom was very nice and the shower was very well done as well. I liked every aspect of our room and the wifi signal was strong and fast.

We were greeted very well during check-in. I was in a bit of a rush since we had been in Mexico a few days and my stomach was beginning to betray me. The food is so fresh, delicious and bursting with flavor that you want to try everything but ultimately you pay the price. I stayed there with my wife because we were there to see a concert at the World Trade Center which was a couple blocks away. After the show we went for drinks at the bar (a must here!) and our bartender made the best gin and tonic I've ever had and very good margarita for the missus. He chatted with us for a while about his favorite tequilas and was very nice to us.

The only mishap was when we ordered room service. A simple club sandwich. We ordered it at the bar and were told it would take 10 minutes to get to our room. We waited about 20 and called down check where it was. 10 minutes later it appeared! It was a good sandwich but not worth the 30 minute wait. If our stomachs were in better condition we would have had some tacos at one of the many street vendors outside but we were on shaky stomachs at that point. We slept like babies.

One thing I found in this hotel and that of Mexico in general is you get two types of customer service: warm or indifferent. I could say that the ladies behind the counter at the hotel could care less if a refrigerator dropped from the sky and buried me when I spoke to them during check-in or check-out. They did not ask if I enjoyed my stay or anything. They could be replaced with kiosks and no one would notice. On the other hand everyone else was awesome. From the doorman to the bartender.

Stay here if you're in the neighborhood. You'll be pleasantly surprised. And it is great value.

Room Tip: King Room.
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
2 Thank Victor S

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (24)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
Brighton, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 6, 2013

Fairly new hotel, with spacious rooms, neutral but modern furniture and very clean: loved it! Location is great too, as you are right in the middle of one of the key avenues. Right next to fashionable La Condesa area.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled solo
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 24, 2013

I was staying in the Novit during a 5 days business trip. The room was clean and spacious, and really quite, though it was looking towards the street. I really loved the breakfast (lot of fresh fruits, which I love), service and staff was friendly and quick. Had dinner in the hotel's restaurant once, also really good.
The hotel has a nice little "patio" to have a drink or two. Internet in the room was free and the connection stable. I will def. come back for my next trip to Mexico City!

• Stayed June 2012, traveled on business
Melbourne, Australia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 28, 2013

What a fantastic place to stay! I was attending a wedding in Mexico of a good friend of mine and he had found this place to stay. I was not sure what to expect as there weren't many reviews at the time.

The accommodation was absolutely terrific. The staff were lovely! We often would have a drink down in the lobby and they were great. My friend would turn up and they never had a problem parking his car for him while we had a drink and a chat.

The rooms are spacious and clean, it is across the road from a metro stop and a short cab ride from the Zocalo and other desitnations. It's a short stroll from Condesa well worth a look and walk around for lunch or dinner.

I really enjoyed my stay at Novit, clean tidy and friendly. Can't ask for more than that!

• Stayed July 2012, traveled as a couple
Zurich, Switzerland
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 21, 2013

The hotel is in one of the best areas in MX DF, very well served.
Very good service, only private Novit transport system is extremely expensive.
Rooms are clean, comfortable, large bathroom and well served with ironing private stuff.
Food is good and the service is perfect.
The ideal hotel for all kind of travels.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
1 Thank GioV435
Orlando, FL
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 23, 2013

I like this hotel a lot. While it wasn't opulent and fancy, it was new and functional and clean. I stayed several times from mid-Nov of 2012 thru Mid December. The rooms are a good size and comfortable. There's a nice flat screen TV and the beds have nice linens and are comfortable. The showers are great, very large. There is a great pool and hot tub in the Gym on the top floor with a nice view. The bar is open fairly late and reasonably priced. The restaurant is good, and the breakfast in the morning is wonderful and fresh. The room comes with a continental breakfast each morning, which is really just juice, toast, and coffee. You can add the buffet, but a more economical option is to just order off the menu. I did order room service once and it takes a long time to come. The area is great, there are lots of good places to eat, including a great coffee spot called Celito. There is also a Starbucks nearby. The area seemed totally safe at all hours.
I like this hotel and I would be happy to stay again! The staff is great and everyone spoke english fluently.

Room Tip: Great place for a business traveler or a family! Rooms that end in 1 seems to be slightly larger.
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled on business
San Antonio, Texas
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 13, 2012

This is a great business hotel, rooms look new and super clean. The only con I found it was at checking in which they warn you not to bring food or drinks from the outside since is not permitted... REALLY! Looks like is run by kids with this non sense.And when I explain them why not to do it, they got kind of rude.

Room Tip: Restaurant is ok, however you have hundreds of good options within a radius of 4 blocks.
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled on business