“Great Secluded Modern Property”

The Westin Santa Fe Mexico City
Ranked #40 of 312 Hotels in Mexico City
Richardson
“Great Secluded Modern Property”
Reviewed October 13, 2011

The accommodations were very sleek, clean and comfortable. Enjoyed the rooftop gym/spa and the property itself felt very safe. (The President of Mexico was on-property for a few events.)

Within walking distance is a bakery, Starbucks, and chocolate store. However, you should note the location of the hotel carefully as it is far from many major tourist attractions in a more business-centric environment. There is also a great lounge, CC, on-site that has a really fun ambiance.

The food quality was fantastic--don't miss the breakfast buffet. My only reservation from a full 5-star rating is the service was lacking. During both breakfast and lunches over several days, the waitstaff failed to seat us promptly (despite empty tables), bring requested items, and just seemed to be more task-focused than guest focused. In addition, the gift shop shut down their system an hour before closing so they could not tell me what items cost nor could they process a credit card.

All in all, they handled our meetings beautifully with only a few slight glitches.

Room Tip: Make sure you carry your room key to access your floor.
  • Stayed October 2011, traveled on business
Jean-Marc J, General Manager at The Westin Santa Fe Mexico City, responded to this review, November 8, 2011
Dear Guest,
We thank you for your comments regarding your experience. I am glad your overall impression of our property was positive. Your insights regarding the shortfalls you mentionned were adressed and I will be glad to meet you personally at the ocasion of your next visit to demonstrate your our committment with the reviews posted on Trip Advisor.
Let me know when you come back to Santa Fe, and visit Beco, the latest restaurant which just opened next door making the night life in the area more attractive .
Jean-Marc

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (58)
Mexico City, Mexico
Reviewed October 11, 2011

The Westin Santa Fe Mexico City is in a great location and the rooms are modern and very clean. The staff is always extremely helpful. I’ve enjoyed the hotel restaurant as well as the convenient café’s that are adjacent to the property. They also have an excellent gym with a variety of weights and cardio equipment. I make frequent business trips to the Santa Fe area and the Westin is my “home away from home”!

1 Thank Greg H
Jean-Marc J, General Manager at The Westin Santa Fe Mexico City, responded to this review, November 9, 2011
Dear Guest,

We thank you very much for taking the time in sharing your positive experience with us at the occasion of your recent visit to our hotel. I will share your feedbacks with my staff and we all look forward to welcoming you again. Now, in addition to the nextby coffee store you mentionned, a new upscale italian restaurant is also available.
Best regards
El Paso, Texas
Reviewed October 10, 2011

After staying in three of the other hotels in the area of Santa Fe in Mexico City, finally I found this hotel that in my opinion has the perfect balance between extraordinary nice facilities, good taste and excellent service with a reasonable price. I stayed in two occasions mainly for business purposes within one week period and requested from the management a corporate rate for our business and clients. Their sales department immediately understood our needs and was extremely serviceable, responsive and got me a very good deal. The restaurant Central Central is also outstanding. The only bad thing is that there is no other hotel like this in other areas of Mexico City. Definitively, the best hotel in Santa Fe, Mexico.

1 Thank Armando G
Dear Armando,
Was great to receive your positive general feedbacks, from the feel & touch of the hotel till the sales team good reaction, your comments are really appreciated. We work hard to keep on delivering extra mile service.
We look forward to welcoming you again at The Westin Santa Fe.
new jersey
Reviewed October 7, 2011

The hotel is really nice - brand new. The rooms are spacious and the bathrooms are exquisite. The staff is also very nice. I had an issue with my air conditioner and someone came up and fixed it right away. The food in the restaurant is also really nice.

This is a good hotel if you are on business travel. It's about 45 - 60 minutes from the Mexico City airport - so it's not near downtown for touristy things. But right across the street from the hotel you'll find a Starbucks, Teavana and a nice bakery.

The food at the restaurant downstairs was very good, but ordering dinner in my room - room service quality of food was not great.

Room Tip: High floors and facing the breathtaking view of the mountain side
  • Stayed September 2011, traveled on business
New York City, New York
Reviewed September 26, 2011

I stayed here for 2 nights on business and it was an extremely pleasant stay. I was greeted by a very nice doorman and was swiftly checked in and whisked to my room. The hotel itself has an escalator that leads down to a lovely restaurant and other shops. Across the way there is a Starbucks and lovely place that we went to breakfast everyday. There was also a very nice fitness center, that had everything that I could need, including headphones, a towel and water. There was reasonably priced car service that was always available to take me where ever I needed to go, and I was able to charge it to the room (making my expense report that much easier to complete). Lastly, check out was quick and easy... I would stay again, and again.

• Stayed August 2011, traveled on business
1 Thank Lisalouk01
Miami, Florida
Reviewed September 12, 2011

Recently stayed at the Westin for 3 nights and found the hotel to be terrific. The rooms are very modern and clean. Ask for a Valley View as that faces the quiter side of the hotel. Since this part of MC is not walker friendly, I suggest that you arrange for transportation with the hotel. We had to drive everywhere.

If business take me back to Mexico City I will surely stay at the Westin.

• Stayed August 2011, traveled on business
New York
Reviewed September 10, 2011

This hotel rivals many 5 star hotels. From the chic lobby to the tastefully decorated room to the stunning bathroom I was very impressed with the attention to detail. Also very quiet and immaculately clean. Staff was also very helpful. If you have business in the area this is the place to stay. It is however off the beaten trail from the center of Mexico City.

• Stayed September 2011, traveled on business