“Outstanding Service at JW Marriott Mexico City - ALOHA” 5 of 5 stars
Review of JW Marriott Hotel Mexico City

JW Marriott Hotel Mexico City
4.5 of 5 Hotel   |   Calle Andres Bello 29, Mexico City 11550, Mexico (Polanco)   |
Hotel deals
Hotel packages
Special Offer
20% Off Premium Rooms
Ranked #6 of 305 Hotels in Mexico City
Centralia, Pennsylvania
“Outstanding Service at JW Marriott Mexico City - ALOHA”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 20, 2014

The wonderful staff at JW Marriott Mexico City - i.e. front desk, concierge, exec lounge, housekeeping, gym have a unique native appreciation of my stay. They sincerely express this appreciation in the way they talk to me, respond to my requests, clean my room, the food they serve at the exec lounge, and in the way they make sure that before I go to bed all my needs are taken care of to my satisfaction.

The wonderful staff at JW Marriott Mexico City understands the fact that I have options to stay at the other hotels. They openly show how they value my stay every single day.

JW Marriott Mexico City is my second home-sweet-home away from home.
I am here for the long haul. Having been in Mexico for 2 months, I have stayed at different hotels. And yet, I was not fully satisfied not until I moved in to JW Marriott.

To the wonderful staff of JW Marriott Mexico City – KEEP UP THE OUTSTANDING JOB! Todas las cosas maravillosas que hacer durante mi estancia está muy muy apreciado – MUCHAS GRACIAS!

Mahalo … vfhjr,MSCS,PhD

Room Tip: There is internet connectivity.
  • Stayed July 2014, traveled on business
    • 5 of 5 stars
JWMarriottMx, Manager at JW Marriott Hotel Mexico City, responded to this review, July 22, 2014
Thank you for staying with us Mr. Vince!
We are honored to know you call the JW Marriott your second home-sweet-home; we are constantly trying to exceed the expectations of our guest and make their stay an unforgettable experience, we are glad to know that we give the extra mile and we made you happy, giving you the service that you deserve.
Our staff at the executive lounge is always trying to give a service a little bit more personalized, glad to know we accomplish your expectations.
Dir of Rooms

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (156)
  • Hebrew first
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 16, 2014 via mobile

I go to MC several times a year for business. I always stay at the JW. The reason is simple: safe, convenient, I can communicate in English/my Spanish is not good enough and the hotel is surrounded by several restaurants.
I like to get the concierge to send a car to pick me up at the airport. The lounge is well set and the internet service is good.

Stayed July 2014
1 Thank Krkss
JWMarriottMx, Manager at JW Marriott Hotel Mexico City, responded to this review, July 21, 2014
Dear guest, thank you for staying so frequently with us!
We are honored to know that each and every time you come to Mexico City you choose to stay with us, I am glad to know that you feel safe and comfortable during your stay, for the JW Marriott team is very important to hear your opinion about your experience with us.
Did you have the opportunity to eat at our restaurant XANAT? We promote the Mexican vanilla and so we have in our menu different Mexican dishes with a taste of vanilla, I think it is really good and we loved to hear your opinion about it.
Boulder, CO
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 7, 2014

The service was superb, most especially in the wonderful Executive Lounge -- wonderful food, no crowds and the attendants knew our names. Moreover, you can know a really great hotel by how they handle mistakes. One morning, we did not receive our scheduled wake-up call. I thought little of the matter as i woke in time naturally. Later that day, i received an apologetic e-mail from customer service. This surprised me as i have never seen a hotel do this before. Then, when we returned to the room, a handwritten apology was waiting with two trays of chocolate-covered strawberries. WOW! Everything exceeded expectations throughout our stay.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled on business
1 Thank CharlieBoulder_CO
JWMarriottMx, Manager at JW Marriott Hotel Mexico City, responded to this review, July 8, 2014
Thank you for staying with us Mr. Boulder!
We try to exceed the expectations of our guest and make their stay an unforgettable experience, we were really sorry about our mistake, but we are glad to know that we give the extra mile and we made you happy, giving you the service that you deserve. We are happy to know that our staff in the executive lounge gave you a great service; we are always trying to give a service a little bit more personalized, glad to know we accomplish your expectations.
Manhattan
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 5, 2014

Hi,

I am an American woman who travels frequently for work. I stayed at the JW Marriott and was appalled at the racist and hostile treatment I received. I was traveling alone and was frightened by the staff who ruined my hair flat irons which I left on my bathroom counter. I even left a do not disturb sign on my door which the cleaning staff completely disregarded. I am glad I was able to secure another hotel in the area. Note to African Americans traveling on business, avoid this hotel.
I've always received excellent treatment at Marriott hotels. I think the folks at the JW need an additional training course on racial sensitivity.

Concerned guest

• Stayed June 2014
    • 2 of 5 stars
    • 3 of 5 stars
    • 1 of 5 stars
3 Thank Travelguru0001
Dear Guest

Thank you for posting this review and sharing your feedback, we deeply regret you have this impression of our hotel. As we do not have further details of you , I would like to ask to you contact me at francisco.castrejon@marriott.com in order to follow up your comments.
Best regards
Ciudad Juarez, Mexico
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 30, 2014

Have been there several times for business and I love this hotel. It has a great service and location. Ideal in case you have business meetings or closings.The rooms are always so comfortable. On the entrance you will find a great restaurant, please try it you will love it.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled on business
    • 5 of 5 stars
JWMarriottMx, Manager at JW Marriott Hotel Mexico City, responded to this review, July 1, 2014
Dear guest, thank you for staying so frequently with us!
We are honored to know that each and every time you stay; you have a great experience during your stays. Thank you very much for all your positive comments, for our team is very important to hear your opinion about your experience during your stay.
New York City, New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 25, 2014

First time in Mexico and I was a little nervous (lets face it we've all seen the news.) A week before my arrival I was contacted by a member of the staff which kindly asked for special requests. I don't think I hesitated twice before arranging transportation and a quiet high floor with a view preferably. I thought this last was such a common request it would just be overlooked. Transportation was confirmed and so I arrived at the airport where the driver was waiting for me. Apparently parking had been a little complicated but nothing that had stopped us from leaving right away. Traffic was insane and I was exhausted by the time we arrived at the hotel. The guy at the door quickly helped me with my luggage and soon I was greeted by more members of the staff. At check in I had forgotten all about my room requests but what do you know the hotel hadn't. Check in was quick, I think they could see how tired I was. I was escorted to my room which had indeed a great view.
The room was really comfortable and with enough space. I could do with a little more light in the room but oh well.
Next day when I had finished my meetings I approached concierge for dinner suggestions. Wasn't too keen to try the hotel restaurant, at least not on the first days, so I was recommended a couple places nearby. I was glad there are places you can walk to easily.
I was impressed by the attitude of the staff, they always smile and greet you whether it's early morning, afternoon or through the phone!
Finally the trip ended and I arranged transportation through concierge again, after remembering the mad traffic from the first day. I think it was a wise decision since they know rush hour better.

Overall I had a great stay and will be returning soon to this friendly, detail oriented hotel.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled on business
1 Thank Michael N
JWMarriottMx, Manager at JW Marriott Hotel Mexico City, responded to this review, June 30, 2014
Thank you for staying with us Mr. Michael!
We are honored to know that you chose us to be the hotel for your first trip to Mexico City and that we made you feel more than happy during your stay.
We try to exceed the expectations of our guest and make their stay an unforgettable experience, that’s why we contact you to arrange everything before your stay, like the transportation we arranged for you, we are glad to know that at your check in everyone was nice and friendly to you and we gave you the service that you deserve. As you said we know the rush hours in Mexico, so we can informed you and prepare everything carefully; we are in a privileged place full of restaurants, museums, shopping malls and parks, so we try to inform you the best we have around.
Boston, Massachusetts
1 of 5 stars Reviewed June 24, 2014

I come to Mexico often, and I usually take an airport cab. My client insisted that they felt better having me take a hotel car, so I booked one. Upon arrival my driver was MIA. I called concierge and they said they would track him down and call me back. A few minutes later a man approached me and asked if I was Ms. T, as he was my driver. I asked for his name and he said he was a different driver b/c my original driver had gotten my arrival time wrong.

I'm sure he could have been a legit driver, but he looked far less put together than the hotel drivers I'm used to traveling with. He had a very worn black suit jacket with a yellow button down shirt -- open, with an ugly, worn gold chain with a Porsche emblem on it. His hair was slicked back with gel and he was carrying a sign with Matthew something or other scrawled on it in black marker -- a stark contrast to the carefully printed out signs the nice hotels had for their drivers.

The next 45 minutes were a confusion fest. I told him I was waiting for confirmation from the concierge about his name and license plate number. I walk away to charge my phone and he steps away and starts a dial-a-thon, then walks over and says someone else is going to pickup Matthew and that I should go with him... to which I say no, and then he starts dialing again.

Matthew then arrives. A large overweight American with a beautiful looking Latin woman... she looked like she was desperately pulling herself together though. Her pink haute couture knock-off was newish but very dirty. The odd thing though was that he approached a group of drivers as though he knew them, only later did my driver walk over. Anyway, he then comes to me to say his guests have arrived and that a black van would come for me. (black van? really dude?)

I call the concierge and he is surprised to hear I'm still at the airport. He says the driver said I had gone with him. More calling back and forth and the concierge asks me if there is police at gate 8 b/c the driver said there had been some kind of an incident at the airport. No I tell him, everything looks normal.

More calls and then a driver who I had been eyeing as someone to approach for help (he looked well dressed and honest), is on the phone w/ the concierge, and the concierge simultaneously with me. We figure out this is safe, and he passes on the guest he had been waiting for as she is 2hrs late and takes me instead.

On the way over he tells me my original driver had been in a car accident, which is why he hadn't showed up.

I get to the hotel and the concierge is panicked, and asked me again if there was a police incident at the airport because other passengers had called and my original driver was very nervous and said he would not come for me. No I tell him, but ask if my driver had been in an accident -- "no!" he exclaims.

Gross incompetence, or something more sinister? You decide. We contract with Control Risks for security services and they told me that indeed this was a highly unusual event, and that a criminal intention involving multiple parties and possibly the concierge could not be ruled out.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled on business
    • 3 of 5 stars
    • 1 of 5 stars
2 Thank Spiraluxa
JWMarriottMx, General Manager at JW Marriott Hotel Mexico City, responded to this review, June 26, 2014
Thank you for posting this review and sharing your feedback on what appears to have been a horrible experience at our hotel. We deeply regret the incident you had with Concierge service and offer our sincere apology.
After our conversation last Thursday, we gave the Chief Concierge all the detail feedback you provided me and have required him to take additional steps with the taxi company and with the staff. Additional training in verbal and written communication has been provided.
Please contact myself again for any further clarification of the resolution that we provided you this last Tuesday.
Best regards,