JW Marriott Hotel Mexico City
Ranked #11 of 312 Hotels in Mexico City
Reviewed June 13, 2014

I recently stayed at the JW for a quick business trip. I had stayed there before but I was not prepared for the new look which was a very pleasant suprise. The furniture, details, the space, it is a new and improved look for the JW.

Of course all of this would mean nothing if not complimented by the amazing staff they have. from the bellman to the repectionist, the housekeepers all of them have a smile and remember your name which makes you feel you are coming back home. I had a little trouble with my credit card but the staff were very helpful and I was able to solve it quickly.
I was also very happy with my housekeeper. Even if I had wacky schedules, my room always looked clean and the service was done on time.

I was equally impressed by the rooms, the decoration is impressive but they are also a great place to work, they are comfortable and have a great view since the hotel is located in one of the best, if no the best, area of Mexico City.

Since my business went well and I finished earlier than expected I had a chance to try the restaurant "Xanat" and boy was I glad I did all the food was incredible and quite an experience.

I would definitely go back and will recommend it extensively. Hopefully next time I get to stay a little longer.

Room Tip: With the new look all rooms are amazing. but because of the views, I would suggest a higher floor
  • Stayed: June 2014, traveled on business
JWMarriottMx, Manager at JW Marriott Hotel Mexico City, responded to this reviewResponded June 16, 2014

Dear Patrick,
Thank you very much for your comments, for the JW Marriott team is very important to hear about your experience with us.
We are more than happy to hear that you liked our hotel renovation and that we exceed your expectations with the service that our staff offer you. About our restaurant XANAT, we are very happy to hear that you had a great experience and knowing that you enjoy our food makes us very proud.
Dir of Rooms

Write a ReviewReviews (1,149)

Reviewed June 13, 2014

The location of this hotel is great. Right in Polanco, within walking distance to many good restaurants, and good central location when doing business in Mexico City. Facilities have been recently remodeled and are very comfortable and attractive. Good size gym with pool big enough to swim laps, and bathrooms with dry sauna and steam bath. Service in general in excellent, and in particular, if you get a chance to use the Concierge Lounge in the 19th floor, you will get the 5 Star treatment. Specially, I have to mention Janette Valtierra, who usually works the breakfast shift. She is the most professional and attentive staff member that I have encountered at any Marriott hotel, and I take about 24 trips a year. She makes you feel special, has an incredible memory, and gives you the personalized treatment that is not common, not even in very highly rated hotels.

Overall, this is a great place to stay in Mexico City when doing business there.

Room Tip: High floor with view to the city.

Muricio,
Thank you very much for all your positive comments! For our team is very important to hear your opinion.
We are very happy to hear that you liked our new remodel hotel and we are going to let Janette know that she specially exceed your expectations with the service that she offer you. Again it is a pleasure to hear that you had a great stay with us.

Reviewed June 12, 2014

This is probably the best hotel in Mexico City. The service from entrance to exit is outstanding. Everyone is courteous and helpful. The rooms are spotless and the executive lounge is beyond wonderful. I spent 19 days there on business and found it to be the most comfortable Marriott in North America. I recommend this hotel heartily!

Dear Guest,
Thank you for your comments is very important for us to hear your opinion about your experience during your stay.
We are more than happy to hear that we made you feel like home for 19 days, exceeding your expectations with the service that our staff offered to you. It’s going to be a pleasure to share your comments with our entire staff.

Reviewed June 8, 2014

I stayed in the hotel during my last business trip and my experience was fantastic. The service was outstanding, the staff attentive, friendly, and polite. It was like the perfect place to relax, not to mention that you can't ask for a better location. It is really close from everything. Can't wait to go back to Mexico and return to this hotel. The gym can use an update but besides that an excellent place to stay.

Room Tip: Get a room facing "el auditorio nacional" great view!
  • Stayed: April 2014, traveled on business
JWMarriottMx, Manager at JW Marriott Hotel Mexico City, responded to this reviewResponded June 11, 2014

Dear Guest,
Thank you very much for all your positive comments, for the JW Marriott team is very important to hear your opinion about your experience with us, during your stay.
We are very happy to hear that we exceed your expectations with the service that our staff offer you and we are glad to know that although that it was a business trip you found time to relax. We are going to check the equipment at our gym offers so we can improve it. Again it is a pleasure to hear that you had a nice stay with us.

Reviewed June 4, 2014

I stayed in the hotel for 3 days, i went for work and the staff was amazing. They recomended a lot of places to visit and also nice restaurants. The hotel is really comfortable and has a great location. The only thing I can complain about is the internet connection.

• Stayed: February 2014, traveled on business
JWMarriottMx, Manager at JW Marriott Hotel Mexico City, responded to this reviewResponded June 6, 2014

Dear Mr. Joseph,
Thank you very much for your comment, it is very important for us the feedback from our guests and their experience during their stay.
We are very happy to hear that our staff exceed your expectations and made your stay more comfortable. About the internet, we are very sorry for the inconvenience, we know that guests like you need and expect great internet to work easily, we are working in our internet to make it faster, we trust that in your next visit you’ll have a better experience. Thank you very much for all your comments.
Director of Rooms

Reviewed June 2, 2014

I'm writing this from a business traveler and Platinum member. I've never had (in 20 years of travel) a conceirge member email me two weeks out from my stay, making sure all aspects of my visit were taken care of, they nailed it!! The staff was outstanding and brutally honest with questions about safety and my well being. By the second morning, most of the staff new my name and my creature comforts. The staff in the Executive Lounge were a joy and a pleasure.... The concierge and bell staff of Ernesto, Enrique and Gustavo went above and beyond with last minute changes to my schedule and again, made sure I was taken care of.

If you can't tell, i'm thoroughly impressed with this property and I look forward to my return in a few weeks. Thanks guys!!

Room Tip: High Floor is a must and a view overlooking the city and National Auditorium is outstanding!
  • Stayed: May 2014, traveled on business
JWMarriottMx, Manager at JW Marriott Hotel Mexico City, responded to this reviewResponded June 4, 2014

Dear Guest,
We appreciate your comments, about your experience during your stay. For us is very important to hear your opinion.
We are happy to hear that we exceed your expectations with the service that the concierge Ernesto and our bell boys gave you. We are going to let them know that they made you very happy during your stay with us, as well as the team of the executive lounge. Again thank you very much for all your positive comments.
Director of Rooms Division

Reviewed May 24, 2014

Good location at walking distance to Polanquito, the neighbourhood within Polanco with many restaurants. The property is a bit aged (80's style décor, gym with old equipment), and the in-room internet is paying. Service is friendly and excellent (from all departments, a sign of a strong house tradition: superb concierge team, receptionists, bellmen, etc). Superior value for money. Ideal for people on holiday, less so for business travellers (a bit cramped, internet is not great).

• Stayed: May 2014, traveled with family
JWMarriottMx, Manager at JW Marriott Hotel Mexico City, responded to this reviewResponded May 26, 2014

Dear Guest,
We appreciate your comments, about your experience during your stay with us, for the JW Marriott team is very important to hear your opinion.
We are more than happy to hear that our service and our staff exceed your expectations. We are sorry to hear that the internet access wasn´t what you expected to be, at the moment we are trying to make it faster, so our guests can have a better experience with us, hopefully in your next stay you won´t have a problem. Thank you very much for all your positive comments.