“Good for flight problems”

Holiday Inn Plaza Dali Mexico City
Ranked #94 of 312 Hotels in Mexico City
Reviewed June 22, 2014

I stayed at this hotel because a fligth cancellation for Aeromexico, it is 10-15 min from the airport: Has free shuttle, but runs just every hour. Rooms are clean and big and bath too. The only bad experience is the night buffet, not too many options and it seems not fresh; but the service of the staff is very likely.

• Stayed: June 2014, traveled on business
1  Thank JSAINZ
There are newer reviews for Holiday Inn Plaza Dali Mexico City

Reviewed May 24, 2014

Have to say that I didn't try all that much at the hotel since I only stayed overnight due to a long layover. However, no complaints about the staff or facilities. During the daytime, shuttles run pretty much every hour from the hotel. Not sure about at night. There is a Holiday Inn Dali booth in the arrivals lobby of T2 but it was not manned either at 11:30PM when I landed or 7:00AM when I departed Mexico City a different day on a separate itinerary. My recommendation would be to make sure you can call the hotel some way to request a shuttle; this may require keeping loose change handy for folks who don't have international cell phone plans. Probably easier to just talk with the hotel staff prior to traveling and arrange a pick up ahead of time.

• Stayed: May 2014, traveled solo
3  Thank MD2Be
Reviewed April 6, 2014

I stayed here last week for several nights. The bed was extremely comfortable; not too hard, not too soft. Good lighting and a magnifying mirror in the bathroom. The room was spotless, no complaints there. The real gem at this hotel is the restaurant. The food is very very good and the service matches. And, the prices are very reasonable for the quality of food. The ride to the center of Mexico City, by taxi, is 200 - 250 pesos ($15.50). The shuttle runs on the hour 24 hrs/day to the airport. The staff is friendly and helpful. Most have a good grasp of English, though not all. I would recommend this hotel.

• Stayed: April 2014, traveled with family
1  Thank TVC2012
Reviewed February 27, 2014 via mobile

I booked this hotel for 1 night because of a long layover. I chose this hotel over the hilton at the airport because it was half the price and relatively close to airport.

this hotel has a small booth at the airport where you can wait for the shuttle. we waited about 15 minutes before shuttle arrived. the ride to hotel seem to taken another 10 minutes which seemed long compared to what I expected.

hotel is nice...great rooms..impressed with overall value of the place.

the shuttle going back to airport leaves every hour....this was a con for me because I assumed it was at least every 30 minutes..if not more.

traveling alone on business...this is a good option....however..travelong with wife and infant ..I think for overall convenience I probably should have stayed at the hilton.

but this hotel was great..good option...

Stayed: February 2014, traveled with family
1  Thank eholbik
Reviewed February 9, 2014

The Holiday Inn Plaza Dali has been a favorite stopover point for our family for the past several years when we have been flying into Mexico City from Vancouver and have needed a place to stay until our connecting flight the following day. The free shuttle service to and from the airport has always been reliable and we find it nice to be a short distance from the airport when there is a bit less noise.

On our recent stopover in early February we were pleased to find that there was no change in their friendly service. The rooms and the hotel itself were clean and well maintained as expected, the beds were comfortable and our room was reasonably quiet for a hotel located in this area. This time we decided to take a later flight so that we could enjoy a leisurely breakfast before starting the day. We took advantage of the breakfast buffet and were quite happy with the broad range of items that were included with the buffet.

So far we have never had a bad experience here, so we will continue stay here when needing a stopover hotel.

• Stayed: February 2014, traveled as a couple
Reviewed December 17, 2013

Stayed in mid December for one night and planning to stay once more at the end of December.

The hotel has a very beautiful striking lobby and bar area. The shuttle is very efficient. The rooms are clean and overall I can't fault the hotel.

Platinum members benefits were honoured except for one, which was due to no availability of rooms to upgrade me to, who he wasn't such a. Big issue for me and I was offered extra complimentary drinks to compensate.

Stayed: December 2013, traveled with friends
Reviewed August 19, 2013 via mobile

Nice hotel, but attention to detail is lacking. Never any hot water and the air condition units in every room that I stay at always sounds like its dying. Good service however. They just love the glass and concrete in this place.

• Stayed: August 2013
1  Thank Ikeamillion
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Plaza Dali Mexico City, responded to this reviewResponded September 4, 2013

Dear Ikeamillion,

Thank you for sharing your experience with us. I am glad that you liked our hotel and the services that we have to offer.

On the other hand, I apologize for the dissatisfaction you had with our air conditioning system. Kindly be assured that we treat this matter seriously as we always strive to deliver the best accommodation.

I have taken note and wish to thank you for all your valuable comments. These are of great importance to us and allow us to monitor and improve our service continually. We look forward to welcoming you back to the the hotel in the near future.

Dhan M