“Very good experience here”

Holiday Inn Plaza Dali Mexico City
Ranked #95 of 310 Hotels in Mexico City
Rockville, Maryland, United States
“Very good experience here”
Reviewed January 31, 2013

We spent three nights at this hotel and were very pleased. The room (on the 5th floor) was clean and comfortable and quiet. Staff are extremely helpful and efficient. The restaurant provides good value and service. Since the hotel is near the airport, it is a little bit removed from many tourist attractions, However, a Metro station is several blocks away and we found it very convenient for sightseeing.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (15)
Portsmouth, United Kingdom
Reviewed November 2, 2012

Holiday Inn Mexico Dali Aerporto is about 5k from Mexico City Airport and takes between 10 and 20 minutes to get to in the free Shuttle bus. If arriving at Terminal 1 go to Gate 4 and hotel reps will be standing there to arrange the bus. Be warned there are no signs and it is quite a long walk. If arriving at T2 go to Gate 4 and turn right to an open parking area (no signs). On the drive to the hotel the driver never stopped talking and several times hinted that the shuttle was free but some customers tipped. Normally I do tip but did not this time. The first impression of the hotel is very good. It has an impressive atrium that looks nice but that makes it noisy and walking around the open corridor to my 3rd floor room I could hear what was happening on the ground floor. In the evening nice music from the reception can be heard in the room. My room was nicely decorated with a good sized walk in shower and comfortable beds. TV had a good selection of channels although it only had one English news channel which was CNN. The table and desk layout was good for work and the free WIFI was good. There was free coffee and tea and bottled water. One thing I did not like was the remote control air conditioning unit was fixed to the wall with a plastic cover in a low lit area of the room and that made it very difficult to see the controls and to adjust them. Also the Directory of Services had very small, very pale writing and was not easy to read. I was surprised by the aircraft noise passing overhead because the window is not double glazed. The free safety deposit box was inside the rear of the TV cupboard which was dark and not easy to see inside. Breakfast is from 0700 to 1100 and was very good however when I present my breakfast voucher the waiter said it covered everything except tips so again I did not tip.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled on business
2 Thank James B
Gothenburg, Sweden
Reviewed September 23, 2012

I stayed at this hotel for one night since I had a morning flight next day.
Hotel offer free shutle transfer from and to the airport. I booked a room in advance so got a reasonable price of 85USD.
In the evening they had live music at the lobby that I could hear in my room which was annoying.
Hotel has really small gym which is not worth to visit.

Much better option is Hilton which is integrated to MEX airport terminal but is much more expensive

• Stayed February 2012, traveled on business
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Plaza Dali Mexico City, responded to this review, October 16, 2012
Dear huba1huba,

Thank you for your feedback and for choosing our hotel. Please accept my apologies for the noise you have have experienced. In addition, I am sorry you did not find the gym to your liking. While we understand that your stay was not 100% satisfactory, we would hope that you would give us another chance to make your stay as best as it can be. Thank you again for posting your comments.

Karen G.
Case Manager
IHGCare
Houston
Reviewed September 11, 2012

This was a really nice place to stay, the rooms are nice and comfortable. I would say the only thing I did not like was the airports shuttle. I should say finding the shuttle was a bit of a hassle, you actually have to go to the Holiday Inn office inside the airport and have them call the shuttle while you wait there.

The location of the hotel did make for a little bit of a noisy stay, being that it sits right in front of Viaducto (Río de La Piedad) basically a big freeway. That was quickly resolved with a phone call to the front desk once they moved me to the opposite side of the hotel.

Room Tip: Stay away from the rooms in the front of the hotel if you are a light sleeper!
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled solo
Oakville, Canada
Reviewed September 2, 2012

I found the hotel convenient but over priced for what I got. At over 1,700 pesos a night for their lowest priced clean and comfortable but not at all special room I was extremely disappointed to find I had absolutely no hot water in the shower. It was very odd because there was plenty of hot water in the vanity sink just outside of the bathroom. However, I ran the water in the shower for a long time - both on the setting to the side of the "red dot" and the "blue dot" (just in case some genius had hooked up the dial wrong) - and I wasn't able to get a drop of hot water out of the shower at all. I was too tired to call the desk and deal with it and I had to be up at 5 am so I had a sponge bath at the sink where there were both plenty of hot water and plenty of nice fluffy towels and I went to bed.

On the night stand there was a folded guest comment form that was printed with something to the effect of "your comments are very important to us" - it appeared however that was not the case because when I went to fill out the card to complain about the hot water I found that it had already been filled out by a quite disgruntled guest and never collected by the maids. Seemed not worth the bother to do anything at that point but go to sleep.

Apart from the water the room was fine, not special but fine. The staff were polite and courteous and the business centre was open and handy because I wasn't carrying a computer or hand held with me and I needed to check email. There was a sign on the computer that said anything over 10 minutes of usage I'd be charged for and I thought to myself - at over 1,700 pesos a night for this room dream on Holiday Inn. However, when I did go over 10 minutes the woman running the centre didn't comment or ask for any money and nothing was charged to my bill because I closed it on check in.

My wake up call came at 5:00 am as ordered and it was a cheerful person on the line, not a machine which I liked. The shuttles to the airport leave every hour on the hour and mine left promptly at 6:00 am. Nice touch was the free coffee down in the lobby as I waited for the shuttle.

I was on the first floor above the lobby and I found the hotel very quiet, even with the busy street outside of the windows I slept very well and I felt - apart from the lack of hot water in the shower - that I'd made a good and convenient choice for getting to the airport early in the morning. Would I stay here other than to get to the airport - no. Would I stay here again when heading to the airport in Mexico City the next morning - yes - but I'd make sure before the porter left the room that there was hot water in the shower.

Room Tip: Make sure you have hot water in the shower and not just in the sink.
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled solo
1 Thank Nan N
michigan
Reviewed August 26, 2012

I missed my flight out of Mexico City and found myself at the airport at midnight with no place to stay. I needed to be back at the airport at 5:00am so I needed a fast solution. Holiday Inn had a person at the airport trying to entice people to come stay. The cost was 1500 pesos (about $111). I was not thrilled by the cost, but I wasn't in the mood for a flea bag hotel and I had no means to do research quickly so I went for a brand that I thought would be okay. It was cheaper than any of the other higher quality hotels I had been offered (NH at the hotel was over 2500 pesos, the hotel booth offered me another hotel at 2000+). I agreed on the price with the representative at the airport and it went exactly as they said it would when I arrived.

The room was fine. Two double beds, a large bathroom and dressing area. Free transport to the hotel and back (on specific schedule).

The one thing I will say is that they call this hotel the "Airport Holiday Inn" at the airport booth, but it isn't really an airport hotel. It is at least 10 minutes drive (with no trafffic) away. The real name of this hotel is the Holiday Inn Plaza Dali.

Overall, it was fine. I wouldn't necessarily choose this hotel if I were staying in the DF, but it worked as an airport hotel for the 5 hours I needed it.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled on business
Avon, OH
Reviewed July 20, 2012

The public areas are quite nice, clean, and modern.

The rooms seem a little shabby though comfortable. There is an overly large vanity area outside the bathroom. The shower is roomy enough although the water pressure is pitiful.

There is a significant amount of street noise on the lower floors. It might be better higher up.
Drapes don't shut out all the outside lights. The AC unit in the room could be somewhat noisy though effective. It even had a functioning thermostat with numbers!!

The small restaurant had decent if expensive food but closed fairly early, though room service was available 24 hours. There didn't seem to be any other food choices within walking distance.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled on business