“Very comfortable Hotel in México City”

Holiday Inn Ciudad de Mexico Trade Center
Ranked #71 of 310 Hotels in Mexico City
Montrose, Colorado
“Very comfortable Hotel in México City”
Reviewed April 28, 2013

I am always looking for places that can offer more than a simple room for resting.Even if the place is located in the middle of a big city,i like the feeling of being at home,and this place is the right one,and the spa is one of the things that makes me wish come back if i needed.

Room Tip: Ask for the new remodelated rooms?
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled solo
María S, Director de Relaciones con Clientes at Holiday Inn Ciudad de Mexico Trade Center, responded to this review, April 30, 2013
Dear Marvin,

I appreciate you sharing your feedback from your recent stay. I am happy to hear you enjoyed the the hotel facilities and SPA .
We look forward to welcoming you back to the Holiday Inn Mexico City Trade Center.

Best Regards.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (5)
north america
Reviewed February 2, 2013 via mobile

Well, this hotel is renovated, but is not enough, the room average, the bed hard as rock i bet they didnt put new matress is old chep oldstyle 80s. The hard bed ever, forget about coffy beding this is not available here. The nu stuff: flat tv, flat tv, flat tv is like a joke, the floor is dated the walls too the building so ugly, why staying here? Away from everything. The strong in this hotel is the smiling personal but what you need in a hotel is a great room not just service.
Try: howard jhonson alameda is about 1/3 the rate and brand new, the best bed and perfect spot in downtown.
I luv mexico city, please never come this property is a good advice.

• Stayed February 2013
María S, Director de Relaciones con Clientes at Holiday Inn Ciudad de Mexico Trade Center, responded to this review, February 14, 2013
Dear Guest
Thank you for taking the time to post your review. We appreciate your comments about the service and smile of our staff.
Regarding the property, let me inform you that the whole hotel is being remodelated (including rooms, public areas, restaurant) to offer all your guests the most modern facilities.
Our hotel is near to the World Trade Center and the main ways in the City (Periferico, Insurgentes, Circuito Interior)
I apologize for your stay not being reflective of the guest experience we strive to provide.
Orlando, FL
Reviewed November 12, 2012 via mobile

Stayed at this hotel on a business trip. I transferred to this hotel from the Camino Real hoping for a better experience. This was a huge mistake. The rooms are old and gross and not clean. No bed-bugs, but it's filthy. The rooms are small and not well maintained. My first room was a smelly smoking room. The next room had a broken desk chair and the tv didn't work. Both were addressed promptly. The room faced the inside if the hotel so no natural light. The bathroom was awful. The walls were dirty and the shower is a trickle that is either scalding hot or ice cold. The air-conditioning worked but was very noisy. There were two bottles of water in the room in arrival, and were replaced each day except for my last two days. No idea why. The halls are very noisy and you can hear everything that happens in the rooms next door. The walls in the hallway are cracked, an all I could think was that if there was an earthquake the whole place would crumble into dust.

The area has nothing to offer, but I did make a 15 minute trek to Starbucks without feeling that I would have a problem.

The restaurant is not bad at all, and is a good value with good service. I was puzzled why the buffet was a different price each time I went. But it was still pretty cheap and the food was good and plentiful.

The lobby is adorned with signs announcing a renovation, which is badly needed, but probably would not convince me to stay again.

Overall, I would avoid. The Camino Real was a palace compared to this place. Holiday Inn should be embarrassed to have its name associated with such a poor hotel.

• Stayed November 2012
María S, Director de Relaciones con Clientes at Holiday Inn Ciudad de Mexico Trade Center, responded to this review, November 20, 2012
Dear Mr. Rapaport

Thank you for taking the time to comment on your recent stay with us on TripAdvisor.
As you could review in the photos at the lobby, the hotel is being renewing to offer the best facilities to our guest. This improving include the rooms, restaurant and lobby area.

We are sorry that on this occasion our usual exceptional levels of service slipped. I can assure you that corrective action has been taken about the rooms cleaning and water temperature.

We understand your worry about the walls because Mexico is seismic area, but the whole hotel and its facilities are completly safety and we are certificate by the Local Goverment following his guidelines.
We do hope that you will visit us again and we can restore your faith in us.
Mason, Ohio
Reviewed May 16, 2012

Exceptional service at the front desk. Geraldyn was so helpful arranging the transportation for us to the World Trade Center Mexico City without any charge :) .
The suite was amazing . Clean and comfortable !!!

Room Tip: For executive women they have a special rooms for us.
  • Stayed April 2012, traveled on business
María S, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Ciudad de Mexico Trade Center, responded to this review, October 22, 2012
Thank you for yor very kind comments. I will ensure that they are shared with the team
Thank you for taking the time to comment and I hope that we can welcome you back again soon.
Toronto
Reviewed November 10, 2011

I arrived at this hotel after having a really bad day. Earlier I had missed my connecting flight and after many hours I finally arrived at this hotel where I had a reservation guaranteed with a credit card. The lady at the desk told me that they had no rooms available and that my booking had been canceled because my credit card came back as declined. That of course was not possible since I had sufficient funds in my credit card. The staff told me that they absolutely had no rooms available and that I needed to check other hotels. Kindly they got on the phone and started calling around hotels near the airport (since I was catching another plane the next morning) and to my surprise nobody had rooms available. After about 30 minutes (I'm not kidding) they found me a hotel near the airport and I had no choice but to head that way. I was completely ripped off at this hotel. I paid a ridiculous amount of money at a hotel that only cares about booking people in without really caring about them. And all of this was of course caused by the Holiday Inn World Trade Center. Yes, the staff tried to help me find another hotel but at what cost? Rest assured I will never come to this hotel and will spread the word around with my colleagues. I felt totally disrespected by their lack of ethic and have nothing good to say about this place: avoid!

• Stayed November 2011, traveled solo
María S, Director de Relaciones Públicas at Holiday Inn Ciudad de Mexico Trade Center, responded to this review, November 15, 2011
Dear Mr. John
First let me thank you for your comments and the time you dedicated to send us through TripAdvisor. The feedback of your guest is the way to improve the service everyday.
Let me inform you that the policy regarding credit cards to ensure the room is common in all hotels. It is a Policy in the company.
The system verification is a the bank system, not the hotel, so we can not know at any moment the reason why your card was declined on the banking system.
Indeed the hotels in the area had high occupancy for such reason our reception staff took time to help you find another hotel in the location you required. Unfortunately, we can not influence the room rate of other hotels but our front staff are worried that you had a room for that night.
We very much regret the inconvenience this have caused and the problems he had with his connection at the airport.
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed October 2, 2011

On the whole, Mexico city turned out to be a pleasant surprise, the people are kind and gentle, the roads, despite some gloomy traffic queues, are still reasonable and there is a lot to do. Don't miss out on a trip to the Basilica, a must visit in the city.
My room at Holiday Inn was small but the bed was comfortable, however, as things progressed it was clear that the hotel lacks intelligent management of any form. I had a number of simple maintenance issues in my room which ordinarily could have been overlooked or tolerated but as the stay progressed other matters simply compounded the nagativeness of the overall stay.
In the room (105) I had a broken ironing board (2 days before it was broken) no hot water reported in the morning and it was still cold when i got back at 8 pm - 9 pm before i could take a shower, the bath tap was broken so the bath could only be filled using the shower, Internet access (despite claims of in room internet) was non existent and I was forced to sit in the bar all night to do my mails, digital clock was never set correct in 5 days, Leaking basin drain caused my case to become soaking wet (i stupidly put it under the sink area not expecting for leaky pipes).
The lobby was stripped of furniture when we returned to the hotel on Friday evening and it stayed this way until we left on Monday. Ropes and yellow tape adorned the lobby while hundreds of people filled the lobby the entire week-end on events of some sort. Guests were left feeling second class to the group activities they were doing in their event room and there was no where for us to sit.
Despite the negative comments the staff were pleasant especially Margarito in the bar a pleasant elderly gentleman who really took care of us and one of the house taxis Mauricio. He turned up in a small sporty blue car but his driving skills were excellent and we used him our entire stay. He was safe courteous, kowledgable and knew the streets inside out and back to front. He took my colleague into town to see the city while i worked and i felt comfortable leaving her in his capable company.
I ate every night expect one in the bar area, food varied greatly and was not brilliant, at best a decent cafe meal. Pasta Carbonara on the first night was a mountain of tagliatelle by the last night it was a few mouthfuls and gone!
I had one breakfast at around US$ 20 thought it was expensive. We took some sandwiches from the little cafe next door for breakfast one day and then had two breakfast at Starbucks in Santa Fe, where we were attending an event at Bancomer exhibition centre.
On the last night they even failed to open the bar, again i suspect because of the big crowds for some in house event. We gave up and went across to the road to a great steak house, cant remember the name but directly across from the hotel entrance and the meat was simply mouth watering, For the two of us it came to around US$ 70.
On the last night i asked for a manager to make a complaint about the various issues and she said she would reflect a discount of some sort, i did not really work out what that related to. In fairness the guest service manager wrote to me by the time i reached back home and i will reply to her though this story is pretty much the sum total of my experience at the hotel.
I imagine that week day the hotel may be tolerable but on week-ends they seem to have these big events (something alluded to by the staff) pretty much all the time. My colleague in room 104 said she did not experience any in room challenges except the lack of internet which was for her rather frustrating.
Loved the city and it's people, will choose another hotel in returning next year to do the same travel show.

• Stayed September 2011, traveled on business
Warrington, United Kingdom
Reviewed August 7, 2011

Really poor...
Similar to a lot of other comments, this isn't a business hotel- it's a cheap choice for a quick stay.

No bottled water or minibar
Internet in and out
Carpets stained
Small flies/mosquitos in the bathroom on arrival
Gym, looks ok from the outside then, 3 out 5 cardio machines not working and multi-gym broken.

Will never stay there again.

• Stayed August 2011, traveled on business
CesarCarrillo, Director de Relaciones Públicas at Holiday Inn Ciudad de Mexico Trade Center, responded to this review, September 30, 2011
Dear Guest:

We appreciate your feedback however we want to make some clarifications:
All rooms have drinking water in a special faucet next to the sink available 24 hours.
About the Internet, in many cases computers have different configurations but if you tell us to be our IT manager will assist you to make it operational.
We have programs planned and permanent fumigation at the hotel.
The gym machines have an ongoing maintenance program so they are all working.

We hope this explications will be useful. Best Regards.