Located on the northwest corner of the Zocalo (Monte de Piedad and 5 de Mayo streets), this hotel is a historic monument, with its interior completely improved. Its foundations were part of the palace of Moctezuma, and later of the residence of Hernan Cortez. The views from our corner room were wonderful. With very refined Mexican furniture and decoration, walk-in closet, vanity, toilet room, and shower room, big plasma TV, living room, AC controls on the wall with registers near the ceiling, wooden floors and ceiling with big vigas, the room was very comfortable and beautiful. Just be aware that, like the great majority of toilets anywhere in Mexico, you cannot throw toilet paper inside the toilet, because you will block it. This happened to my 7-year-old daughter, and the toilet room was flooded in no time. The hotel's staff attended our cry for help immediately, and they fixed up the toilet and cleaned the whole mess right away and with good attitude. The price of the room included a wonderful breakfast buffet, with fresh tropical fruit and juices, eggs made per your request, cereals, etc. The restaurant is located on the covered roof of the hotel, so you can enjoy the wonderful views and weather. The hallways are beautifully decorated with Mexican talavera ceramics and historic pictures and artifacts. We never made it to the exercise room. There is no pool. We felt very safe walking late at night in the Zocalo, because there is plenty of activity and policemen continuously patrolling by foot and car. There is a 24-hour 7-Eleven on the first floor of the hotel, facing the Zocalo. We had no problem with noise. If you think you may be sensitive to the noises of a big city, bring your earplugs and you'll be OK.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Discover a peaceful oasis in the heart of Mexico City's celebrated Plaza de la Constitucion (or the Zocalo, as it's often called).Zocalo Central Hotel expertly blends traditional splendor with modern comfort and unforgettable city vistas, creating a hotel experience that will delight and inspire both business and leisure travelers. Housed within a charming1890's-era building, our hotel offers 105 lovingly refurbished rooms and suites, some of which provide wonderful views of the plaza. Allow our caring hotel staff to pamper you with a range of fabulous services, and take advantage of excellent amenities. Of course, no visit to our hotel is complete without a trip to ourroof top restaurant, Restaurante Balcon del Zocalo. Our elegant restaurant terrace overlooks the world-famous Zocalo; it's a popular spot for both hotel visitors and city residents. Last but not least, our central location in the heart of MexicoCity's most important square makes it easy for you to discover all of the wonderful attractions that the city has to offer. Our hotel is eight miles to the Mexico City International Airport, and we're within walking distance of many shops and restaurants such as The "Casa Churra". Our hotel Concierge is available any time, day or night, to answer your questions or to provide suggestions for things to do and see. Treat yourself to a hotel stay that you won't soon forget, in a city that will capture your imagination. We look forward to welcoming you to Zocalo Central Hotel. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Orbitz, Expedia, Booking.com, Hotels.com, Travelocity, Priceline, Hotwire, TripOnline SA, HotelQuickly, Cancelon and getaroom.com so you can book your Zocalo Central reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Holiday Inn Mexico City Zocalo Hotel Mexico City
- Mexico City Holiday Inn
- Zocalo Central Mexico City