1,721 results
All reviewsrooftop restaurantgreat locationel balconthe main squarecinco de mayofree water bottlesfree applesholiday innnational palacetemplo mayortop floorhistoric centerrooms are smallguacamoleconcierge deskspecial thanksan excellent hotel
Reviewed December 11, 2017 via mobile

We had a great stay at Zocalo Central. It is close to all the sites and has a beautiful view of the cathedral and zocalo. We spent every night at the balcon enjoying the wine and view. Capitan Crispin treated us well, it was my wife’s birthday and he made it memorable. We also want to thank Masha, she was very helpful and quick to answer any questions we had. The staff was very attentive to all of our needs. Overall Zocalo Central is a great hotel and I would recommend it to all.

Stayed: December 2017, traveled with family
CentralHoteles, Director General at Zocalo Central, responded to this reviewResponded December 13, 2017

Dear running12,
We appreciate your kind review. It is awesome that you enjoyed our marvelous view from our terrace and attentive service.
We strive to offer our guests a stay beyond their expectations.
Please come back soon!

Reviewed December 11, 2017

I am a very active participant in TripAdvisor having more than 1700 reviews during my trips around the world and I submit a lot of reviews here often. I am going to start telling you why I did NOT give this place a 5 star in my review.

THE GOOD POINTS:
*The hotel is old but in good shape, like it was renewed not long ago.
*WONDERFUL breakfast with fresh fruit and a delightful view of the zocalo (breakfast was included in our room package)
*Excellent staff, very courteous and very friendly ALWAYS eager to help and assist.
*Hotel lobby, restrooms and facilities very CLEAN.
*Toiletries were wonderful and great quality.
*Good pressure in the restroom water, toilet and shower, great hot water coming quickly.
*Safety box in the room for your valuables.
*GREAT air conditioning, very cold.

THE "CAN GET BETTER":
** This hotel offers fresh towels everyday BUT they are so hard it feels like you are drying your body and face with sand paper, I am not sure if it is the soap or the bleach they use because the towels do not look old but oh boy they are rough on your body.
**The room was VERY VERY small. I made my reservation for 2 people (not husband and wife but friends) and I called a day before arrival to make sure they had our reservation. When i spoke to the lady who answered she said she had the reservation for one person so I assume they gave me a room for one person instead of two which was extremely small. I felt like I was in prison sleeping in my cell of 4x6.
**They did not give me extra blankets to cover myself so i had to cover with my friends blanket like we were husband and wife lol.

THE BAD:
***Nothing I can think about this place to be bad.

PEOPLE who made a difference (stars in my stay)
*Alan (front desk)
*Antonio (door guy/security)

Thank you Hotel Zocalo Central and I hope next time you give me a bigger room.
Happy Holidays.

• Stayed: December 2017, traveled with friends

Dear Bryan,
We greatly appreciate the kind words you took the time to share with us. We feel honored that you have reviewed us using such comments. It is wonderful that you enjoyed your stay.
Nothing pleases us more than reading that you had a great experience in Mexico City thanks to our facilities, breakfast service, and amenities.
We appreciate your feedback, and we are terribly sorry that we couldn’t manage to deliver an extra blanket to your room.
Regarding the size of our rooms, we wish to inform you that Zócalo Central Hotel is located within a XVII century building. This feature entails certain limitations regarding the distribution of spaces. However, we have several room categories. When preparing your next trip to Mexico City, we encourage you to ask to our reservation department for a more suitable option according to your needs.
We will make sure to share your kind words with Alan, Antonio and the rest of our staff.
Our main aim is to make you feel better than at home.
We look forward to pampering you again.

Reviewed December 10, 2017

We were supposed to stay 3 days at the Zocalo Central and 2 more at the Historico Central and as we felt so good at the Zocalo we stayed there for the whole 5 days.
Why staying there ?
Amazing view from the breakfast terrasse, room well furnished and extra clean (small but it's ok as you spend the day out visiting), bathroom nice and clean....
Special mention about the service that is excellent: Ingrid at the front desk took great care of us facilitating the rebooking process, making sure that all was ok, booking the early morning chauffeur to the airport and arranging a breakfast bag for our very early check out.
I highly recommend this hotel for the excellent service, great location, amazing view and modern rooms.

Merci Ingrid pour tout !

Olivia & Medhi

• Stayed: November 2017, traveled as a couple
1  Thank dimdimdemars
CentralHoteles, Director General at Zocalo Central, responded to this reviewResponded December 12, 2017

Dear Olivia & Medhi,
Thank you very much for your great review. It is pleasing to know that you had a wonderful stay at Zócalo Central hotel thanks to the wonderful view from our terrace at Balcón del Zócalo, comfortable rooms, amenities and service provided by our staff.
We go extra mile to make your stay memorable.
We appreciate your recommendation.
We will be glad to have you back.

Reviewed December 8, 2017 via mobile

This is a small hotel just across “el zocalo” the staff is fast, polite and very very helpful (tips to dinner places etc)
The breakfast is on the roof with a view of “el zocalo & cathedral “ (btw: try the red wine bread with berries yummy)
Definitely coming back to this place!!

Stayed: December 2017

Dear Dav,
We appreciate your great review. We are glad to read that our location within walking distance to the main tourist spots was convenient.
At Zócalo Central, we are committed to your satisfaction.
We look forward to pampering you again!
Vladimir Mayllen

Reviewed December 8, 2017

I know this Hotel for About 20 Years !!! I stay here since It was Holliday Inn !! the Change Now it is a WOWWWW!!! They Pamper me and take care of my Needs to the Top !!From Employees to the Main office and the travel needs Excellent!! Antonio front desk, and Sara.for my Travel.. They take care of me All the Time .. I highly Recommend iNew Restaurant , Bar ..Completely remodel.. Breakfast Excellent !! All employes Take care of your Needs,, no matter what department is..They ALL r Great !!
Thank you ...

Room Tip: Corner Suites r Great view
  • Stayed: December 2017, traveled on business

Dear Maria,
We truly appreciate your kind review. Nothing pleases us more than knowing that your stay was as enjoyable as you expected.
It is great to read that our team did their best to exceed your expectations.
Also, we are pleased to know that our restaurant service was to your liking.
It would be an absolute pleasure to host you again.