We decided to stay at this hotel for our 4 nights in Mexico City. Glad we did as its right in the middle of the action over looking The Zócalo. The staff were all helpful & courteous. I'd read somewhere online that only suites have a view of the square so we booked a junior suite (at a good rate via one of the hotel comparison sites). Thankfully it paid off and we had a room overlooking the square. The only drawback in this was the noise from the square - there was a concert on our first night and then due to the marking of a public holiday a marching band treated us to a 6am wake up call as they raised the flag with gusto!! We were already awake anyway due to jet lag but if you are a light sleeper it is something worth considering. The room was generally comfortable (bed was a bit short for my partner) and clean. The restaurant food is nice enough, lots of attentive waiters and it has a great view of the square. Definitely a great hotel for a short trip to Mexico City.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Discover a peaceful oasis in the heart of Mexico City's celebrated Plaza de la Constitucion (or the Zocalo, as it's often called).Zocalo Central Hotel expertly blends traditional splendor with modern comfort and unforgettable city vistas, creating a hotel experience that will delight and inspire both business and leisure travelers. Housed within a charming1890's-era building, our hotel offers 105 lovingly refurbished rooms and suites, some of which provide wonderful views of the plaza. Allow our caring hotel staff to pamper you with a range of fabulous services, and take advantage of excellent amenities. Of course, no visit to our hotel is complete without a trip to ourroof top restaurant, Restaurante Balcon del Zocalo. Our elegant restaurant terrace overlooks the world-famous Zocalo; it's a popular spot for both hotel visitors and city residents. Last but not least, our central location in the heart of MexicoCity's most important square makes it easy for you to discover all of the wonderful attractions that the city has to offer. Our hotel is eight miles to the Mexico City International Airport, and we're within walking distance of many shops and restaurants such as The "Casa Churra". Our hotel Concierge is available any time, day or night, to answer your questions or to provide suggestions for things to do and see. Treat yourself to a hotel stay that you won't soon forget, in a city that will capture your imagination. We look forward to welcoming you to Zocalo Central Hotel. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Orbitz, Booking.com, Travelocity, Expedia, Hotels.com, Priceline, TripOnline SA, Hotwire, HotelQuickly, Cancelon and getaroom.com so you can book your Zocalo Central reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Holiday Inn Mexico City Zocalo Hotel Mexico City
- Mexico City Holiday Inn
- Zocalo Central Mexico City