I spent a few days in Mexico City before joining a cross country trip with a tour group. Since I was a single girl traveling by myself with limited Spanish, I decided to stay at a chain hotel close to the Zocalo to reduce logistic and language headaches. I got a room with a window facing the Zocalo and Cathedral Metropolitana. The room was minimalistic and spacious and the desk provided plenty of work space and storage. Bathroom was clean and provided bottled water and bathrobes. On the night of October 27 it was a religious holiday so there was plenty noise on the streets and fireworks launched til the crack of dawn. Not the hotel's fault of course. The hotel staff were very courteous, their level of English proficiency varied from one individual to another but overall, their comprehension is sufficient to meet usual travelers' needs. I liked the fact that there was a cafe on site with drinks and sandwiches for a decent price although you can easily walk down the street to get hot sandwiches in the little shops for a bit less. The only issue I had with the property was that the internet stations provided in the lobby did not always work and if it did, it was slower than glacier movement.
Tip: if you know the city, you may want to hail a cab further away from the hotel and negotiate a price with the cab driver. The taxis at the door do cost a bit more (posted prices) but are safe.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Discover a peaceful oasis in the heart of Mexico City's celebrated Plaza de la Constitucion (or the Zocalo, as it's often called).Zocalo Central Hotel expertly blends traditional splendor with modern comfort and unforgettable city vistas, creating a hotel experience that will delight and inspire both business and leisure travelers. Housed within a charming1890's-era building, our hotel offers 105 lovingly refurbished rooms and suites, some of which provide wonderful views of the plaza. Allow our caring hotel staff to pamper you with a range of fabulous services, and take advantage of excellent amenities. Of course, no visit to our hotel is complete without a trip to ourroof top restaurant, Restaurante Balcon del Zocalo. Our elegant restaurant terrace overlooks the world-famous Zocalo; it's a popular spot for both hotel visitors and city residents. Last but not least, our central location in the heart of MexicoCity's most important square makes it easy for you to discover all of the wonderful attractions that the city has to offer. Our hotel is eight miles to the Mexico City International Airport, and we're within walking distance of many shops and restaurants such as The "Casa Churra". Our hotel Concierge is available any time, day or night, to answer your questions or to provide suggestions for things to do and see. Treat yourself to a hotel stay that you won't soon forget, in a city that will capture your imagination. We look forward to welcoming you to Zocalo Central Hotel. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, Orbitz, Travelocity, Hotwire, Priceline, HotelQuickly, Cancelon, getaroom.com and TripOnline SA so you can book your Zocalo Central reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Holiday Inn Mexico City Zocalo Hotel Mexico City
- Mexico City Holiday Inn
- Zocalo Central Mexico City