“Excellent value, great location”

Holiday Inn Hotel & Suites Zona Rosa
Ranked #128 of 312 Hotels in Mexico City
Reviewed June 2, 2008

We stayed at this hotel often when it was the old 'Vasco de Quiroga', before it was taken over by Holiday Inn, so were expecting to make wistful comparisons. But the hotel -- design, layout, service, everything -- is wonderful! It's true that the restaurant is a bit expensive, but there are tons of options for dining (including a nice supermarket with a great bakery) in the immediate vicinity.

• Stayed: May 2008, traveled on business
1  Thank Lucinda M
There are newer reviews for Holiday Inn Hotel & Suites Zona Rosa

Reviewed May 9, 2008

We stayed here 4 nights in May and had no reason to complain. Some minor issues include the front desk staff, whose grasp of English was not great. The hotel itself has some character and rooms were big but hotel was all but empty when we there, making the place feel a bit dead. The location is ok for the Zona Rosa but next time we would stay closer to the Zocalo. Free internet was appreciated.

The hardest part about choosing a Hotel in Mexico City is what area to choose. In hindsight we probably chose the wrong one however if you want to stay near the Zona Rosa, you should be happy enough here.

• Stayed: May 2008, traveled as a couple
Reviewed March 28, 2008

We stayed at the Holiday Inn Zona Rosa during a recent visit to Mexico City. We booked 2 junior suites for 3 nights through the Holiday Inn website. Holiday Inn confirmed a 14 day advance purchase (non refundable) nightly rate of $90 US, plus tax for each room, based on 4 people in 2 rooms.

The hotel is in a good location, on a relatively quiet street, just on the edge of Zona Rosa. The hotel appearance and general amenities are what we usually expect from a Holiday Inn although, in this case, somewhat worn and dated.

The front desk service was poor and at times both understaffed and chaotic. We found it difficult to impossible to communicate in English, often depending on a Bellman for translation.

The air conditioner did not work in one of the two rooms we were given. The next day we requested a repair. When we arrived at our room that evening there was still no air conditioning. The room did not have screens on the windows. When we opened a window for air, we were swarmed with mosquitoes throughout the night. The next day we requested a change of rooms and did have a decent rest on the third night.

When we checked out we discovered that our credit card had been charged a room rate that was more than 30% higher than the rate Holiday Inn had confirmed. We were unable to communicate effectively with the front desk in English, and left with the matter unresolved.

Since then we have had four separate communications with Holiday Inn Reservations and Guest Relations over a period of 2 weeks. So far the hotel has not honoured the confirmed reservation and Holidy Inn has been ineffective in dealing with our concerns. There are numerous hotel choices in Zona Rosa, and we will never stay in this hotel again. We would also caution travelers using the Holiday Inn reservation system. It does not appear they are able to back up their promise of 'Reserve with Confidence' .

• Stayed: March 2008, traveled as a couple
1  Thank RichardSCalgary
Reviewed February 17, 2008

This past June, my wife and I with another couple stayed at the Holiday Inn in Zona Rosa. I was a little worried given that my only other experiences with Holiday Inn were comprised of nights stayed when I was a kid. This place was updated, stylish and centrally located. Our nights were comfortable with a sitting area that gave the four of us a chance to debrief the day's events. The staff were incredibly helpful and considerate. The food at the restaurant found within was a bit overpriced but that should be expected from a hotel dining area. Overall, we really enjoyed ourselves and if traveling to the city again, would not hesitate to stay there again.

• Stayed: June 2007, traveled with friends
Reviewed December 29, 2007

Drop your notion of tacky Holiday Inns. This place is classy. The colonial-modern design is a delight to the eye, and during my stay, there were various local artists works featured throughout the hotel. Magnificent sculptures and intriguing mixed media works festooned the walls of a place that managed to be both classic and modern at the same time. The wooden doors to the hotel are 20 feet high and must weigh a ton each and give an immediate sense of history and security as well as beauty. The hotel was tastefully decorated for Christmas using pointsettias and subdued holiday adornments. The staff at the hotel match the sophistication, eclecticism and beauty of the building itself. They are friendly, diverse, and painstakingly caring about their guests. Minutes after they showed me my room which was large and beautiful and had a view of the fountained courtyard, they called to offer me another room since there was a party booked in the restaurant for the evening and they were very concerned that I would be disturbed. I elected to keep the room since I liked it so much, and I could sleep through a trainwreck if need be. The party ended earlier than they expected and the noise that came from it was minimal. Caudia and Vincent (sp?) were especially helpful throughout my stay. I had room service at the hotel a few times. The breakfasts were very good. The menu, however, lacked snack-hors d'oevre items which was a problem since the magnificent room inspired me to entertain fellow travelers. I ordered cookies and coffee for one guest and the cookies weren't very good. The coffee could take a lesson from Starbucks as well. The shower was large, marble, beautiful and powerful. The bed was large with lots of pillows and firm yet comfortable. The internet service was included at no additional charge. I would not hesitate to stay here again. I also enjoyed being only a few blocks away from the clubs and fun in the Zona Rosa. This was my first trip to Mexico City and I was surprised and delighted at every turn. The people in the city are warm and genteel. I always felt respected and validated and never once felt mistrustful or threatened by anything. The city is wondrous and second to the living-breathing descendants of its rich history are the cultural venues wanting exploration. My only regret is that I only had 3 days. I can't wait to return.

• Stayed: December 2007, traveled with friends
Reviewed July 28, 2007

If you want QUIET in Zona Rosa, this is the hotel to book. Rooms and restaurant are well appointed and with some modern and some old world charm. Staff was efficient, English speaking and friendly - especially Claudia. They booked tours and assisted with details of travel. Walking distance to Museo de Bellas Artes and other sights. Food and service was good. We wanted a good, solid, 3 star hotel with good location and Holiday Inn Zona Rosa fit the bill and then some!

Stayed: July 2007
Reviewed July 14, 2007

Our stay at the Holiday Inn Zona Rosa was one of the highlights of our stay in Mexico City. The staff was friendly and helpful. The food was good in the restaurant. The price was great. The rooms were great.

However, I would be remiss in not saying that Paola who is one of the managers at the Holiday made our stay even better. Like many tourists we were feeling a little annoyed at the many drivers and tours that take advantage of the tourist. Once Paola got involved and set us up with a guide and driver named Gerrardo. Gerradrdo picked us up and gave us whatever we needed.

My next trip to Mexico City will certainly include the Holiday Inn Zona Rosa.

F. Lopez