We stayed at the Holiday Inn Zona Rosa during a recent visit to Mexico City. We booked 2 junior suites for 3 nights through the Holiday Inn website. Holiday Inn confirmed a 14 day advance purchase (non refundable) nightly rate of $90 US, plus tax for each room, based on 4 people in 2 rooms.
The hotel is in a good location, on a relatively quiet street, just on the edge of Zona Rosa. The hotel appearance and general amenities are what we usually expect from a Holiday Inn although, in this case, somewhat worn and dated.
The front desk service was poor and at times both understaffed and chaotic. We found it difficult to impossible to communicate in English, often depending on a Bellman for translation.
The air conditioner did not work in one of the two rooms we were given. The next day we requested a repair. When we arrived at our room that evening there was still no air conditioning. The room did not have screens on the windows. When we opened a window for air, we were swarmed with mosquitoes throughout the night. The next day we requested a change of rooms and did have a decent rest on the third night.
When we checked out we discovered that our credit card had been charged a room rate that was more than 30% higher than the rate Holiday Inn had confirmed. We were unable to communicate effectively with the front desk in English, and left with the matter unresolved.
Since then we have had four separate communications with Holiday Inn Reservations and Guest Relations over a period of 2 weeks. So far the hotel has not honoured the confirmed reservation and Holidy Inn has been ineffective in dealing with our concerns. There are numerous hotel choices in Zona Rosa, and we will never stay in this hotel again. We would also caution travelers using the Holiday Inn reservation system. It does not appear they are able to back up their promise of 'Reserve with Confidence' .
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Holiday Inn Hotel & Suites Zona Rosa located only 2 blocks from Paseo de la Reforma Avenue and Insurgentes. Located just 5 minutes from Downtown and Financial District , 4 Kms. From The World Trade Center and half a block from The U. S. Trade Center and The Wax and Ripley s Museum. It s 10 Kms. Away from The Banamex Convention Center and from The Mexico City International Airport. 50 executive suites with balcony or terrace, high speed internet, coffee shop, hairdryer, security box and a working desk, it also offers you, 24hour-a day business center (free) and meeting room, 2 Lounge banquets for 190 people. Restaurant & Bar Don Porfirio, decorated with oil paintings from the Virreinal Time,c XVII; GYM and terrace with panoramic view of Mexico City Holiday Inn Hotel & Suites Zona Rosa Mexico City Special Rates ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Orbitz, IHG, BookIt.com, Hotels.com, Hotwire, Expedia, Priceline, Travelocity, TripOnline SA and HotelQuickly so you can book your Holiday Inn Hotel & Suites Zona Rosa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Holiday Inn Hotel And Suites Zona Rosa
- Holiday Inn Zona Rosa
- Holiday Inn Mexico City
- Mexico City Holiday Inn
- Holiday Inn Hotel & Suites Zona Rosa Mexico City