“Very good Holiday inn in the zona Rosa area”

Holiday Inn Hotel & Suites Zona Rosa
Ranked #127 of 312 Hotels in Mexico City
Reviewed April 29, 2012

I decided to stay at this Holiday after reading the good Trip Advisor reviews and thanks again as this is a Holiday Inn I would not hesitate to use again. Check in was quick and friendly and the lady at the front desk took the time to explain all the hotel amenities. I was given a suite and I have to say I was impressed by the size. This Holiday Inn is centrally located and within a few minutes’ walk of several restaurants and a Starbucks. In all, if you are a business traveler, check the Holiday Inn Zona Rosa. I will certainly will!

• Stayed: April 2012, traveled on business
There are newer reviews for Holiday Inn Hotel & Suites Zona Rosa

Reviewed April 14, 2012

Very nice little hotel in the Zona Rosa district of Mexico City. Staff were great - helpful, friendly and attentive. The hotel is in a great location, close to public transport and a short walk to lots of great restaurants and shopping. Would happily stay here again.

Room Tip: Try not to take a room on the top floor.
  • Stayed: April 2012, traveled with friends
Reviewed February 16, 2012

I had high hopes for this hotel. The photos had me convinced it might be a value, however I have certain needs. Free internet indicates there will be internet. At times I had two bars but couldn't maintain a connection. Staff was gracious and let me out of the remainder of my stay. There is also a dangerous trip hazzard entering the bathroom. The stone is 2" high and a bummer when you hit it with your toe in the middle of the night.

Room was depressingly dark and drab. View was pathetic. Lastly, you need to ask for a lock for the safe, as they do not voluntieer it.

I went to the trouble of moving because it just fell too far short of my expectations. Master suite is small and chopped up. Think about your worst New York City hotel experience. Yea...thats what I mean.

Staff was very sweet, but.......

• Stayed: February 2012, traveled as a couple
2  Thank Nepsaevoli
Reviewed February 8, 2012

Lovely hotel, not your average Holiday Inn. Fantastic large rooms, nice amenities and staff that couldn't be more helpful and friendly. Breakfast nice and in a palatial room! Location is excellent with lots of dining and shopping options nearby. Taxi's are the best option for getting around as they are so cheap. Metro stop is only 5mins walk away, however it was quite uncomfortable to use, even out of rush hour as when I tried it mid-afternoon I had to wait a couple of trains before I could even get on, and then it was a mad-crush.

Room Tip: If a priority club member, they will try and give you a room upgrade if one is available.
  • Stayed: February 2012, traveled on business
1  Thank Mark R
Reviewed October 14, 2011

I was a bit worried about staying at this hotel as I had read the reviews about the noise. We had room 208 and it was not noisy at all. The desk and bell staff was excellent. The room was large and comfortable with two queen beds, 2 desks, and a sofa. The restaurant was good with very helpful and friendly staff. I would rate the breakfast buffet much better then the lunch buffet. Note that the entrance to the hotel has a very steep staircase and I did not see en elevator, so call ahead. We requested and received an excellent driver/guide (Jose) at a reasonable rate.

Room Tip: I would select the courtyard room#208
  • Stayed: October 2011, traveled with friends
1  Thank LovesToTravel2_11
Reviewed September 7, 2011

I stayed here for 5 nights and it took a day or two for me to appreciate the place. Even though I travel quite a bit, I was a little overwhelmed by my first visit here. Check in was quick and easy. Staff was professional if not overly friendly. (This seems true of all Holiday Inns everywhere I go, usually professional but never really friendly) They knew enough English to communicate with me, but as I discovered everywhere else I went in Mexico City, English is not really spoken that much here).

I had a King Master Suite which was huge and really comfortable. I especially loved the big new walk in shower. Although there were two sofas in the living area that really need to be put out to pasture, everything else was in good condition. They still have the old tube TVs though

(Room Tip) I did notice that if I was in the living area close to the front door of my room, all the hallway noise was magnified because of the tile floors in the hall, luckily my bedroom was set back, so I never heard anything while sleeping, so think about upgrading to a suite.

Maid service was excellent and always respected my do not disturb sign. (I'm a late sleeper!)

I had breakfast in the hotel every morning, I have to say for hotel food, it was excellent and actually cheap for a hotel. I think they have room service because I saw trays in the hallway, but for some reason they ripped the menu pages out of my room guide.

The location which at first put me off, turned out to be very good. It's on the edge of the Zona Rosa. About a 10 minute walk from the all restaurants, bars and clubs in a quiet little neighborhood. There is a music school across the street (my room was facing it) and I woke up to some nice live music every morning. Small shops and a 7-11 very close by. Public transportation, the metrobus and the metro are easy to walk to from here. But if you like to walk and don't mind a good healthy hike, I discovered that you can walk to the Zocalo, Chatapultec Park, La Condensa and many other sites from here. This really was a nice suprise as I like to walk and discover cities this way.

I did try to use the"Fitness Center" one night, but really, this was kind of a joke. 3 pieces of equipment with no water and no bathroom is not a fitness center. Also, the remote controls for the TV and the AC were missing. You really need to be determined to work out to use this place. But if you go outside of the fitmess center they do have a really nice rooftop balcony next to it.

At check out I asked for a taxi to the airport and they had a guy in an old van waiting for me. Luckily, by this time I trusted the hotel staff enough, so I went right in. Only 200 pesos, and the driver was very nice (Dressed in a suit). Although the van was a little bit scary. The hotel should probably re-think this option.

After spending a whole day exploring the cacophony of Mexico City, I came to really appreciate being able to return to the quiet and comfortable hotel

• Stayed: September 2011, traveled solo
Reviewed March 10, 2011

My husband and I visit Mexico City almost twice a year and this was the first time we'd stayed at this Holiday Inn. It was very clean and modern, although it was very noisy the first night. I'm not sure if it was the sounds of traffic or other guests. Overall, the service was great however next time we plan on staying at a traditional mexican hotel.

• Stayed: March 2011, traveled as a couple